Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Oh, Man, Where Was The Offense?????
Bookmark and Share
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
Obviously, disappointed with the offense. I didn't expect 40 plus points. However, I thought they would score more than 2 FG's........03-banghead

Too many high throws, and dropped passes.03-hissyfit

Run game was OK considering the passing game loosen the Gator Defense. (gotta give the Florida D some credit for that 04-rock)

They say you improve the most during a season is between your 1st and 2nd game of the year. Lots to look forward to when that happens. 03-thumbsup
08-31-2013 02:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
RE: Oh, Man, Where Was The Offense?????
I feel that if they gave Hunt some touches there's no reason they shouldn't have given Woodside some, too. TO is focused way too much an Reedy IMHO, and that isn't anything new this season.

The positive I see is that from a speed and tempo standpoint I thought we looked pretty good against a defense of that caliber. The precision needed just wasn't quite there. Thread a few more inside and not throw so many out of bounds and it could have been an interesting game.
08-31-2013 03:33 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
The clock management still hasn't improved. Wasted time outs because the play clock ran out. That all falls on the coaches. When we went for it on 4th down, on the 3rd down play they sent in a new package with more OL with about :18 left. Then they had to huddle. Then they had to signal the plays in. By the time they broke the huddle there was only 4-5 seconds left.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
08-31-2013 04:01 PM
Advertisement

Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
4th down trick play to TE was BAD!!!!!!!!!!!03-banghead
08-31-2013 04:32 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
Fire the OC! Bench TO!

I'm kidding..03-banghead
08-31-2013 04:33 PM
Advertisement

Campbell4President Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
I think TO just needs to practice this week throwing at the receivers' feet. That should lower his aim to about chest level by game time.
08-31-2013 04:46 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
I think some of the problem is that many of us (myself included) still want to believe that the offense is as good now as it was in 2011 when the actual truth is that, for whatever reason, it is not-------fortunately the defense and particularly the special teams are better now than they were then and that has somewhat offset (and thus obscured) the decline in the offense.

Don't get me wrong, there is still a lot of talent on the offense, but IMHO the 2012 version was not as good as the 2011 version and, based on just one game, so far the 2013 version doesn't appear to be either (Florida has a great D but that doesn't excuse high throws and dropped passes).

Comparing then and now, I think that Fluellen vs. Thomas/Williams is a wash and so are the OLines so the questions that I asked myself are:

1) Reedy is good, sometimes very good, but is he better than Page? Who is/was more likely to make a positive play and less likely to make a negative play at crunch time?

2) Did TO's game improve after he won the starting job early last year (or was his level of play better when Dantin was pressing him for the starting job every week back in 2010 and 2011)?

3) Did the overall performance of the offense improve when Campbell stepped down as OC to assume the HC position?

I think that the answer is arguably NO to all three questions. Fortunately special teams and the defense have been improving over the past several years such that the Cincinnati game last year was won without the offense scoring a single touchdown (although they did move the ball nicely between the 20s).
08-31-2013 06:15 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(08-31-2013 04:46 PM)Campbell4President Wrote:  I think TO just needs to practice this week throwing at the receivers' feet. That should lower his aim to about chest level by game time.

He'll be OK but high throws have plagued him since the day he arrived.
08-31-2013 06:26 PM
Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

Yep, his first game vs WYO at the Glass Bowl... We were all in awe of that cannon, but he kept missing high. Same thing today. Where's the development?
08-31-2013 06:39 PM
Advertisement

owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich
(08-31-2013 06:39 PM)Carolina Rocket Wrote:  Yep, his first game vs WYO at the Glass Bowl... We were all in awe of that cannon, but he kept missing high. Same thing today. Where's the development?

He's gotta get that accuracy under control or the San Diego Padres won't want him anymore
08-31-2013 08:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RowdyReptile Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Florida
Chill people.

You went up against one of the better defenses in the country. Our offense sucks, but the D ...well....two deep is amazing.

Hold your heads high.

RR
08-31-2013 08:24 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-31-2013 06:39 PM)Carolina Rocket Wrote:  Yep, his first game vs WYO at the Glass Bowl... We were all in awe of that cannon, but he kept missing high. Same thing today. Where's the development?

What do you think about other aspects? I thought he made a high rate of good decisions, held his ground, dumped it when needed, led the team...

I thought he threw some nice threads through the D but for some reason Owens still seems to show only has one gear on his passing. With that speed on the ball, QB-Receiver timing has to be near perfect on anything even remotely horizontal. It was pretty easy for coverage of that caliber to disrupt that timing. That's how I saw it anyhow. Nice things about espn3, as many replays as we want.
08-31-2013 08:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.