Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Marshall & ECU
Bookmark and Share
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Marshall & ECU
Apparently having discussions about future games.

http://www.marshallparthenon.com/mobile/...iBlBz_2azg
08-30-2013 12:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BleedsGreen33 Offline
1st String

RE: Marshall & ECU
Hamrick also said that there is a year coming up where we have 7 home games and he is trying to either get to Clemson, Auburn, Florida, or some southern based P5 school. This came up because Landon was going at him about playing 3 MAC schools in an upcoming year and for Hamrick being so demanding about home and home games with P5s because other CUSA schools don't do that. Hamrick said that he doesn't mind a pay out game if it is one of the bigger schools that pay around 1.2 million and he would have 7 home games. He said he would not go out and scedule a payout game to Pitt, Cincy, Louisville, and the like and only get 400k if he can't get a return game from them.
08-30-2013 01:12 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
I'd like to see it continue. My personal preference would be alternating home & homes with Marshall and Southern Miss.
08-30-2013 01:23 PM
MU42 Offline
1st String

I think only makes sense for ECU, who normally plays UNC, NC St, South Carolina, VT, etc., since they are going to be moving "up" a level with the likes of Houston, Memphis, Tulane, UConn, etc. and there conference schedule will be much tougher than it has been in recent years.

Seriously though, I enjoy our games with each other. I just don't like you guys at all.
08-30-2013 01:26 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(08-30-2013 01:12 PM)BleedsGreen33 Wrote:  Hamrick also said that there is a year coming up where we have 7 home games and he is trying to either get to Clemson, Auburn, Florida, or some southern based P5 school. This came up because Landon was going at him about playing 3 MAC schools in an upcoming year and for Hamrick being so demanding about home and home games with P5s because other CUSA schools don't do that. Hamrick said that he doesn't mind a pay out game if it is one of the bigger schools that pay around 1.2 million and he would have 7 home games. He said he would not go out and scedule a payout game to Pitt, Cincy, Louisville, and the like and only get 400k if he can't get a return game from them.

1) I would not want to play a 1 and done. What is the benefit of playing Ohio State, Florida, Texas, or Michigan except for getting a pay check and having a 10% chance of winning the game.

2) No way can Pitt or Louisville demand anything above a 1-1. Pitt for the most part was mediocre in the BE. And in the ACC will get lost like BC. And well Louisville is just Louisville, and they haven't beat us in over 30 years. They haven't beat us since Oct 1981. And Cincy is nothing more than a NonBCS school again, they have no leverage.

I would much rather do what we have done with KState, Purdue and a few others by getting a 1-1 with them rather than a 2-1 with VA Tech or a 5-2 with the WHO.
08-30-2013 01:31 PM
RIFRAF Offline
Bench Warmer

(08-30-2013 01:26 PM)MU42 Wrote:  I think only makes sense for ECU, who normally plays UNC, NC St, South Carolina, VT, etc., since they are going to be moving "up" a level with the likes of Houston, Memphis, Tulane, UConn, etc. and there conference schedule will be much tougher than it has been in recent years.

Seriously though, I enjoy our games with each other. I just don't like you guys at all.

Well, we like you guys...please tell why it is not reciprocated?
08-30-2013 01:47 PM
Advertisement

BleedsGreen33 Offline
1st String

(08-30-2013 01:31 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(08-30-2013 01:12 PM)BleedsGreen33 Wrote:  Hamrick also said that there is a year coming up where we have 7 home games and he is trying to either get to Clemson, Auburn, Florida, or some southern based P5 school. This came up because Landon was going at him about playing 3 MAC schools in an upcoming year and for Hamrick being so demanding about home and home games with P5s because other CUSA schools don't do that. Hamrick said that he doesn't mind a pay out game if it is one of the bigger schools that pay around 1.2 million and he would have 7 home games. He said he would not go out and scedule a payout game to Pitt, Cincy, Louisville, and the like and only get 400k if he can't get a return game from them.

1) I would not want to play a 1 and done. What is the benefit of playing Ohio State, Florida, Texas, or Michigan except for getting a pay check and having a 10% chance of winning the game.

2) No way can Pitt or Louisville demand anything above a 1-1. Pitt for the most part was mediocre in the BE. And in the ACC will get lost like BC. And well Louisville is just Louisville, and they haven't beat us in over 30 years. They haven't beat us since Oct 1981. And Cincy is nothing more than a NonBCS school again, they have no leverage.

I would much rather do what we have done with KState, Purdue and a few others by getting a 1-1 with them rather than a 2-1 with VA Tech or a 5-2 with the WHO.

Well don't worry Hamrick thinks the same way. His retort was to Landon's insestant asking of why he demands 1-for-1s. He said that the only way he would think of them was to have a 7 home game season and even then it would have to be a high price game. We won't have to worry about the Marcum/Snyder days of whoring ourselves out for money.
08-30-2013 02:25 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(08-30-2013 01:26 PM)MU42 Wrote:  I think only makes sense for ECU, who normally plays UNC, NC St, South Carolina, VT, etc., since they are going to be moving "up" a level with the likes of Houston, Memphis, Tulane, UConn, etc. and there conference schedule will be much tougher than it has been in recent years.

Yes, we are familiar with the "I hope Greenville burns to the ground" rhetoric. At least you are consistent.
08-30-2013 02:50 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-30-2013 01:47 PM)RIFRAF Wrote:  

StillJonesing.

Oh, and the Holier than Thou attitude a select few of your fans take on academic issues.
08-30-2013 02:59 PM
ECUgradstudent Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(08-30-2013 12:52 PM)banker Wrote:  Apparently having discussions about future games.

http://www.marshallparthenon.com/mobile/...iBlBz_2azg

Hopefully, we can do OOC basketball games as well to the benefit of both teams.
08-30-2013 02:59 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
(08-30-2013 02:59 PM)banker Wrote:  

StillJonesing.

Oh, and the Holier than Thou attitude a select few of your fans take on academic issues.

I get the SJ thing, but academic issues....what?
08-30-2013 03:05 PM
Advertisement

MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
(08-30-2013 01:23 PM)Chappy Wrote:  I'd like to see it continue. My personal preference would be alternating home & homes with Marshall and Southern Miss.

I agree. Marshall/Southern Miss alternating/playing ECU every other year would make sense.
08-30-2013 03:23 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(08-30-2013 03:05 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  
(08-30-2013 02:59 PM)banker Wrote:  

StillJonesing.

I get the SJ thing, but academic issues....what?

Honestly, for me it was the MU, USM, ECU band of brothers thing where we all said "at least we have each other" when we were left behind. As soon as you guys got called up all we heard was inferior fanbase, capacity, budget, market, etc, etc.

Many (but not all, by any means) ECU fans started believing that an invitation somehow made them better when weeks before they took it harder than anyone they weren't included. And then calling us butthurt all the time because we didn't like the attitude (not because we didn't get into the AAC) was just too much and many of us decided that ECU could go **** themselves.

I hope we never play again. But if we do I hope we stomp the everlovingshit out of you each and every time so badly that you cut yourselves a little..
08-30-2013 03:24 PM
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
I'm good with that
08-30-2013 03:25 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(08-30-2013 03:25 PM)Bleeds_Purple Wrote:  I'm good with that

See, why couldn't more of you be like that...03-lmfao
08-30-2013 03:29 PM
MU42 Offline
1st String

Why do I not like ECU, what MUther said is a huge part of it, SJ has been a big part of it for nearly 10 years, and the one time I was down there albeit for a basketball game I just didn't enjoy your guys company. Not that is as was attacked or verbally assaulted like in Morgantown, it just wasn't a fun place to be. I've been to VT, Ohio, Cincy, UAB, and Memphis for both basketball and football but I enjoyed myself much more at those places.
08-30-2013 03:37 PM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
I hope we play again, regularly. Outside of the message boards, our fans are typically very classy towards each other, and it has been a fairly good series. Almost always entertaining.
08-30-2013 03:38 PM
ECUgradstudent Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(08-30-2013 03:37 PM)MU42 Wrote:  Why do I not like ECU, what MUther said is a huge part of it, SJ has been a big part of it for nearly 10 years, and the one time I was down there albeit for a basketball game I just didn't enjoy your guys company. Not that is as was attacked or verbally assaulted like in Morgantown, it just wasn't a fun place to be. I've been to VT, Ohio, Cincy, UAB, and Memphis for both basketball and football but I enjoyed myself much more at those places.

Well if ECU and Marshall does play OOC, I would encourage you to not attend a game here.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013 04:05 PM by ECUgradstudent.)
08-30-2013 04:01 PM
RIFRAF Offline
Bench Warmer

(08-30-2013 03:37 PM)MU42 Wrote:  Why do I not like ECU, what MUther said is a huge part of it, SJ has been a big part of it for nearly 10 years, and the one time I was down there albeit for a basketball game I just didn't enjoy your guys company. Not that is as was attacked or verbally assaulted like in Morgantown, it just wasn't a fun place to be. I've been to VT, Ohio, Cincy, UAB, and Memphis for both basketball and football but I enjoyed myself much more at those places.

I am not up on your previous discussions involving ECU/Marshall but don't judge us all. I promise the % of ECU fans that have ultimate respect for Marshall is north of 90.
08-30-2013 04:07 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

I needs to always be around the anniversary of the plane crash. It only seems right you know?
08-30-2013 04:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.