PD MAC Preview
Bookmark and Share
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
PD MAC Preview
Elton is at it again.

I think this brings the number of teams who some media personage has picked to be in the MACC to seven.

6:00 p.m. tomorrow when KSU kicks off the MAC football season can't come fast enough to end all this pre-season idiocy. I saw one guy who was not only predicting who was going to be in every bowl game, he was predicting the score of the game.
08-28-2013 09:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ilovegymnast Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State
RE: PD MAC Preview
It was must eat at his ego that he has to cover the MAC with the stuff he writes.
08-28-2013 09:23 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(08-28-2013 09:18 AM)axeme Wrote:  Elton is at it again.

I think this brings the number of teams who some media personage has picked to be in the MACC to seven.

6:00 p.m. tomorrow when KSU kicks off the MAC football season can't come fast enough to end all this pre-season idiocy. I saw one guy who was not only predicting who was going to be in every bowl game, he was predicting the score of the game.

Man, I thought I would be laughed off this board for picking EMU at .500 or better in the MAC, but to pick UB to win the East? That is REALLY out of the box thinking.

As far as EMU, there is unbelievable optimism for a team which won 2 games.

EMU got rid of Karcher. Brought in Stan Parrish to run the offense and groom Tyler Benz. All words out of Ypsi is that Benz is looking really good.

English will handle the defense. It is almost like two teams with two HCs. Last year the play calling was a mess with English, OC Karcher and 'Running game coordinator" Anderson.

RBs are very good and very deep.

On defense the DBs are very good and deep.

Depth is much, much better throughout. EMU expects to do major redshirting this year even though the frosh have talent.

This team will start ZERO seniors on offense, which will be the strength of the team.

EMU should be a dark horse team to 'over achieve' this year.

Yes, I drink decaf coffee and I haven't been twerked by Ms. Cyrus.

I have no reason to be unduly optimistic or lose my head other than what I've been hearing from Ypsi.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2013 09:33 AM by emu steve.)
08-28-2013 09:32 AM
Advertisement

The Optimist Offline
1st String

I Root For: Nicheless MAC
Elton picks teams to drive traffic to his articles. I have no problem with this. The man needs to feed his family.
08-28-2013 09:48 AM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
(08-28-2013 09:48 AM)The Optimist Wrote:  Elton picks teams to drive traffic to his articles. I have no problem with this. The man needs to feed his family.

I know Elton very well. He does not pick teams to drive traffic to his articles. You may not agree with him and can take issue with what he writes, but it does a great disservice to him to suggest such.
08-28-2013 09:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BullBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Buffalo
I am not putting down other teams in the East, but I don't think anyone is giving UB enough credit. They have a pretty good conference schedule and one of the more veteran teams in the league. If Oliver was healthy last season, it would have been a whole different year.

We return Oliver and Neutz on Offense as well a majority of our O-Line and we return one of the top defenses in the country. The QB is the wild card, but if he plays well UB is going to be a hard team to beat.
08-28-2013 10:59 AM
The Optimist Offline
1st String

(08-28-2013 09:54 AM)HuronDave Wrote:  
(08-28-2013 09:48 AM)The Optimist Wrote:  Elton picks teams to drive traffic to his articles. I have no problem with this. The man needs to feed his family.

I know Elton very well. He does not pick teams to drive traffic to his articles. You may not agree with him and can take issue with what he writes, but it does a great disservice to him to suggest such.

Journalists writing articles they know will stir the pot is a well documented practice. I have no problem with it. Everyone needs to make a living...
That said, I have no interest in "taking issue" with Elton. I think he is very skilled at this writing style.

Not sure why you feel recognizing Elton as a great in his field is doing him a "great disservice." I truly believe he is a great. Very few troll as well as Elton.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2013 11:21 AM by The Optimist.)
08-28-2013 11:19 AM
Advertisement

niusfactuary Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU,Cubs,Bears

DonatorsSurvivor Runner-up
(08-28-2013 11:19 AM)The Optimist Wrote:  

Journalists writing articles they know will stir the pot is a well documented practice. I have no problem with it. Everyone needs to make a living...
That said, I have no interest in "taking issue" with Elton. I think he is very skilled at this writing style.

Not sure why you feel recognizing Elton as a great in his field is doing him a "great disservice." I truly believe he is a great. Very few troll as well as Elton.

You're the expert!
08-28-2013 12:06 PM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies

God, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Oh well, when I was 12 years old I thought I knew everything too.
08-28-2013 06:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Optimist Offline
1st String

(08-28-2013 06:13 PM)HuronDave Wrote:  

Please, explain what the OP meant by "Elton is at it again."

Sorry if you feel I disrespected your pal. I meant it as a compliment.
08-28-2013 06:34 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(08-28-2013 06:34 PM)The Optimist Wrote:  

I meant Elton has wacky, off the wall opinions. Personally, I think he's so tired of covering the MAC, he writes stuff as much to entertain himself as anything else.
08-28-2013 07:02 PM
The Optimist Offline
1st String

(08-28-2013 07:02 PM)axeme Wrote:  
(08-28-2013 06:34 PM)The Optimist Wrote:  
(08-28-2013 09:54 AM)HuronDave Wrote:  I know Elton very well. He does not pick teams to drive traffic to his articles. You may not agree with him and can take issue with what he writes, but it does a great disservice to him to suggest such.

I meant Elton has wacky, off the wall opinions. Personally, I think he's so tired of covering the MAC, he writes stuff as much to entertain himself as anything else.

Exactly. This writer has a reputation for off-the-wall opinions...

I think Elton is a smart guy. He knows who Buffalo is playing Week 1.
08-28-2013 07:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.