Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Put up of Shut Up Time: Make your pick public here
Bookmark and Share
TigerNation82 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Towson
Put up of Shut Up Time: Make your pick public here
Offense-
Athens has to be able to pick apart the flats with Oboh and West has to be able to block and catch and not just be the focal point. We've all heard about the new T-WEST but remember his sulking and walking off the field last year was the downfall against ODU and JMU. Downfield speed is big with DJ but his ability to catch and hold on to the rock is hit and miss. Kinnard is inconsistent and there is no Sheppard or Ryan this year to make THE PLAY. Athens is not as accurate as Enders as we all saw in College Park the last time he played in a meaningful game - remember the 10 yard INT that killed the chances to beat the Terps. Just sayin... West should get the ball about 35 times in this game as he is the horse and he has experienced fullbacks this year and a big fat OL that should be able to push forward and make holes. Just please don't ask 71 to start pulling as he is slow as hell and when he extends his arms he draws attention and these little yellow things that push us backwards.

Special Teams-
Here's to special teams not being the killer on the first kickoff like they were against Kent State last year. The new coach has to help as the guy who handled this stuff last year should be tarred and feathered. Hard to believe he is in the NFL, but it's Buffalo, so that says something. That KSU game was over 8 seconds in. We must get off to a good start as this is not a bunch that has the QB leader who has a great deal of poise. Coverage is key and there will be a lot of speed against our guys on KORet and KOCover. Soven has ice in his veins and I trust him with FG and to kick a majority of his balls through the end zone, which is the best coverage. Insert a freshman punter playing in a hostile environment and that is a worry. Wish Peppers was still around - never got a good explanation of why a kid with his talent could not make it.

Defense-
Always the most important part of the game, simply put, Defense wins championships - 22, 11 and 13 have to be disciplined across the middle. 24 and 7 are the best athletes on the field for the Tiger Defense and they need to play like it. The Killer "D's" have to play their size on the front and get some up the middle penetration. I do not see our guys giving up more than 21 against these Huskies unless UConn makes a play early.

Intangibles-
Maturity is the key here and our team needs to be able to handle adversity. They did it against ODU in 2011 and held up against LSU in 2012, but for every one of those there is the entire 2010 season, the 2011 Delaware game, and the 2012 games against ODU, JMU, and Kent. This team is always the reflection of the head coach and Ambrose needs to keep his head. He loses his head and starts yelling at everyone on the sideline and that is when the pendulum swings against us.

I like our chances in this game, and I know I point out the flaws above, but I really believe in this team's ability to grow over the off season.

I like Towson 23-20 on a late Soven FG.
08-27-2013 07:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FireHas..t Offline
Water Engineer

RE: Put up of Shut Up Time: Make your pick public here
]
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2013 09:08 AM by FireHas..t.)
08-28-2013 08:47 AM
FireHas..t Offline
Water Engineer

I am feeling an elite Towson Defense this year that is capable of holding UCONN under 30.
Hachmann gets his well deserved accolades.
Towson OL allows Athens time to find Kinnard and Joseph for the long ball scores after T West
forces UCONN to load up in the box.
The coaches have the tools to win this game so if mistake free then the coaching staff becomes the deciding factor.
4 field goals...3 touchdowns =
Towson 33..UCONN 24

Towson 33 ...UCONN 24
08-28-2013 09:02 AM
Advertisement

TowsonTexasTiger Offline
Water Engineer

I like our chances here in the opener. Towson has the horses to compete more than any time at the 1a level. Time to make our move. I like us big, 42-24 with West over 200 on the ground.
08-28-2013 07:41 PM
mat1992 Offline
Special Teams

This was the ninth-best defense in the country last year. Even though they lost some key members, I don't see us scoring 30 or 40 points. If we win this game, it has to be in the 20's and we cannot cough up the ball on special teams or turn it over like Kent State or we have no shot. Must win it with defense and running game. I don't think Ambrose will put Athens in position to throw a ton.

(24-23 Towson)
08-29-2013 07:34 AM
mat1992 Offline
Special Teams

(08-29-2013 07:34 AM)math123 Wrote:  This was the ninth-best defense in the country last year. Even though they lost some key members, I don't see us scoring 30 or 40 points. If we win this game, it has to be in the 20's and we cannot cough up the ball on special teams or turn it over like Kent State or we have no shot. Must win it with defense and running game. I don't think Ambrose will put Athens in position to throw a ton.

(24-23 Towson)

As much as I vehemently disagree about the tackle play (they ran well to the left most of the night), I was wrong about how good our offense can be. We weren't great (very efficient) and still put up 33 points on a pretty good FBS defense. They may not be as good as last year defensively, but remember this team also beat Louisville.
08-30-2013 01:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.