Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What Iowa Fans are saying....
Bookmark and Share
RedandBlackAttack Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
It looks like most Iowa fans think the game with us is going to be a cakewalk and they are going to win by 2+ scores.....

http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=8...40&style=2

They are going to be quite surprised come Aug 31st!
08-15-2013 09:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: What Iowa Fans are saying....
Really? They seem pretty reasonable to me, generally.
08-15-2013 09:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
(08-15-2013 09:36 PM)RedandBlackAttack Wrote:  It looks like most Iowa fans think the game with us is going to be a cakewalk and they are going to win by 2+ scores.....

http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=8...40&style=2

They are going to be quite surprised come Aug 31st!

The Iowa posters every year say the same thing. The posters are a small segment of their fan base but they always expect to roll everyone besides the top 20 teams on their schedule. 03-yawn

They think line play on both sides is their main advantage. I would take NIU's Entire O line over theirs and I think Ken Bishop is better than any D linemen they have.

This will be a great game...it is hard saying what will happen considering it is in Iowa City.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2013 09:47 PM by prairiedawg.)
08-15-2013 09:45 PM
HuskieFanatic Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU, MACtion
CMU played Iowa tough at Kinnick last year (and pulled out the victory), I don't see why we cant either.
08-15-2013 10:36 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
We put up 35, win going away.
08-15-2013 10:39 PM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
Iowa won 4 games last year. I'm guessing most fans are cautiously optimistic at best.
08-15-2013 11:30 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
There are some reasons for optimism for Iowa, they are healthy at RB this year which they were not last year, they return what could be the best defense in the Big 10, and while they have to go with a new QB, each candidate is considered solid. Iowa has a pretty high potential ceiling and an admittedly low floor. They could be anywhere from the 3rd best to the worst team in their conference.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2013 11:57 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
08-15-2013 11:56 PM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

Maddawgz, they do not return the best defense in the BigTen. They have to replace Micah Hyde, and two spots on the D-Line. Their LBs are good but can be exposed.
08-16-2013 07:15 AM
uiniu57 Offline
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer
(08-15-2013 09:36 PM)RedandBlackAttack Wrote:  It looks like most Iowa fans think the game with us is going to be a cakewalk and they are going to win by 2+ scores.....

And this suprises you why?
Coming off their last season and if they know anything about football, the more knowledgeable Iowa fans know better than to think cakewalk, but they do believe they'll win.
At the same time, would you be surprised that the vast majority of posters on the Dog Pound are assuming a win over the Hawkeyes even if Las Vegas disagrees? Exactly how many posters on here picture NIU stumbling against any MAC foe other than Toledo?
Would you be seriously surprised to learn most Iowa fans believe they'll also beat Missouri State, Iowa State, Western Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Purdue, not mention thinking that between home games with Michigan State, Wisconsin, and Michigan, they might pull an upset in one of those three?
Every Maryland fan or Alabama fan would have thought Huskie fans were crazy to be thinking victory.
08-16-2013 08:40 AM
timxlydon Offline
Left Hand Path

I bet they have a post on their board titled "What NIU Fans are saying..." where they all talk about how crazy we are for thinking that the Huskies have a chance to win in Kinnick. Then they are going to bring up how they beat the best NIU team ever with one of the worst Iowa teams ever and how they are even better this year.

That's why the game is played. No one truly knows what's going to happen yet. It could be close or it could be a blow out, with either team winning.
08-16-2013 08:45 AM
MileHighHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
(08-16-2013 08:45 AM)timxlydon Wrote:  I bet they have a post on their board titled "What NIU Fans are saying..." where they all talk about how crazy we are for thinking that the Huskies have a chance to win in Kinnick. Then they are going to bring up how they beat the best NIU team ever with one of the worst Iowa teams ever and how they are even better this year.

That's why the game is played. No one truly knows what's going to happen yet. It could be close or it could be a blow out, with either team winning.

I pretty much agree with one exception, I can't see NIU getting blow out. I could see a close game, I could see NIU shutting down Iowa O, and also see NIU scoring a lot of points. But Huskies D is to good to get blown out, and our O will score points. I believe this game will be a 4th quarter game, with Huskies coming out on top by 7 to 10.

Beat Iowa.... Biggest opening game in along time for both schools.
08-16-2013 08:58 AM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

Man, those posters on the Iowa board all seem to hate each other.
08-16-2013 09:18 AM
BrewHawk Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(08-16-2013 09:18 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Man, those posters on the Iowa board all seem to hate each other.

When you consider the fact that there are currently nearly 700 on that board vs. 72 here right now, the odds of running into a few jerks are a bit higher.

You guys are cool (for the most part04-cheers), once you get past the humongous chip on your shoulder.

Yes, the Iowa team we saw last year, after watching Ferentz coached teams for the past decade plus, was an enormous step back in play from what we're used to. More than anything, the joy for the game just wasn't there. Supposedly there is a heightened enthusiasm and renewed vigor (as is the case in most preseasons) from this year's edition. If we come out and win 41-17 like I'm hoping, then Iowa fans will be in store for a wonderful year of football, because we will have beaten a very good program soundly. I'm guessing the score will end up quite a bit closer than that as I tend to get a bit overly optimistic.

I do think Iowa will be a tough out, even for the best in the Big Ten this year. Last year that wasn't the case.
08-16-2013 09:30 AM
JCCNIU31 Offline
1st String

Lets see if we can stop the run against Iowa. If we can't I don't see how we win the game. Plus it's not like we have beaten Iowa in the past so until I see it its hard for me to be overly confident.

Sent from my iPhone.
08-16-2013 09:31 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(08-16-2013 09:31 AM)JCCNIU31 Wrote:  Lets see if we can stop the run against Iowa. If we can't I don't see how we win the game. Plus it's not like we have beaten Iowa in the past so until I see it its hard for me to be overly confident.

Sent from my iPhone.

Yes, very much a wait and see situation for me. I agree that the game should be close. Iowa doesn't have FSU's defense and Lynch isn't the same as he was in his first start last year. Just gotta be able to stop the run without selling out too much. TLL might help a lot if he can get some good kick returns.
08-16-2013 10:57 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(08-16-2013 09:18 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Man, those posters on the Iowa board all seem to hate each other.

Just wait until 8pm August 31st if we lose to Iowa lol, this is going to be the most epic board implosion we have ever had. Someone should save the person time and create the "Carey needs to go" thread now
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 01:01 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
08-16-2013 01:00 PM
Advertisement

Poliicious Offline
1st String

I Root For: WildcatsHuskies
Don't know where Iowa fans got the idea that NIU is that small on D

DT Ken Bishop 6-1 308
DT Zach Anderson 6-1 300
LB Jamal Bass 5-10 225
S Dechante Durrante 6-2 196
DT Coneleious Henry 6-0 250
DT Donovan Gordon 6-0 275
DE Mike Ippolito 6-3 260
MLB Boomer Mays 6-0 230
LB Michael Santaceterina 5-10 210
DT Corey Thomas 6-2 308
S Jimmie Ward 5-11 192
DT Anthony Wells 6-3 276
LB Bobby Winkel 6-1 227
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 01:09 PM by Poliicious.)
08-16-2013 01:07 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

The big thing to me right now is will Wells plays vs Iowa, if I was a betting man Id wait to place my final vegas bet until I knew more info on that.
08-16-2013 01:09 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

(08-16-2013 01:00 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

Just wait until 8pm August 31st if we lose to Iowa lol, this is going to be the most epic board implosion we have ever had. Someone should save the person time and create the "Carey needs to go" thread now

I agree, but I've already steeled myself by claiming we will lose this game.
08-16-2013 01:43 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(08-16-2013 01:43 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(08-16-2013 01:00 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

I agree, but I've already steeled myself by claiming we will lose this game.

I have tried that 3 or 4 times and keep reverting back to hope, ugh! On the upside, its kind of cool to see so many NIU fans this interested about a game, I cannot remember NIU fans wanting a game as bad as this one.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 01:52 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
08-16-2013 01:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.