Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC FB 2014 at PBS
Bookmark and Share
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
UC FB 2014 at PBS
Per Tom Groeschen ‏@TomGroeschen#UC football officially announced it will play all 2014 home games at Paul Brown Stadium while Nippert is renovated #bearcats

08-12-2013 08:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bctn8n Offline
1st String

I Root For: .
RE: UC FB 2014 at PBS
Quote:

UC Football To Play At Paul Brown Stadium In 2014

Football | Aug. 12, 2013

CINCINNATI - With an extensive, 15-month renovation set to begin at Nippert Stadium this December, the University of Cincinnati football team will play its 2014 home games at Paul Brown Stadium, Director of Athletics Whit Babcock announced.

The Bearcats, Cincinnati Bengals and Hamilton County will enter into a partnership to allow UC to move its 2014 home slate, which will be announced at a later date, downtown.

"We're very thankful to the Bengals and the County for being great neighbors and working with us," Babcock said. "I was impressed with the game day atmosphere we were able to create at PBS in 2011 and the stadium is a first-class facility. While we will have some logistical issues to deal with in moving an entire season of games to Paul Brown, I know our staff has a great working relationship with the Bengals and I am confident the environment will be the next best thing to Nippert Stadium."

"We are pleased to share our home with UC football for the 2014 season", said Katie Blackburn, Bengals Executive Vice President. "We consider UC a partner in Cincinnati's football story and we look forward to their 2014 games at Paul Brown Stadium."

The stadium has played host to many college football games dating back to its opening in 2000, with UC playing in four of those contests. Although the Bearcats are 1-3 all-time at PBS, the three losses were all decided by four points or less.

After playing Ohio State to a 23-19 decision in 2002, UC did not play again at PBS until the 2010 campaign, pushing No. 8 Oklahoma to the limit and falling 31-29 in a thriller. UC picked up a 25-16 come-from-behind win over Louisville and fell to West Virginia in a 24-21 heartbreaker in 2011.

UC had its two highest home attendance totals at the 65,535 seat facility on the banks of the Ohio River. The Bearcats drew a sellout crowd of 66,319 against the Buckeyes and 58,253 were in the stands for the contest against the Sooners.

The Bearcats also moved games downtown to Riverfront Stadium in 1990 to accommodate a yearlong Nippert Stadium renovation.

"It's a great stadium," Football Head Coach Tommy Tuberville said. "We had the opportunity to practice inside PBS this past spring and I was very impressed with the amenities, playing surface and the reception we received from Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis and the Bengals staff. I look forward to that relationship continuing and growing as we move forward."
"It is exciting to see what is happening at UC and we are happy to partner with UC to accommodate their 2014 football schedule, said Chris Monzel, President of the Hamilton County Board of Commissioners. "Cincinnati is a great sports town and the Bearcats are an important part of what makes our region special."

UBU Sports' Speed Series S5-M synthetic turf system, which was recently installed at Nippert Stadium for the 2013 season is the same playing surface the Bengals use downtown.

Information regarding ticketing, suites, club seats, tailgating and parking will be made available once UC's schedule is finalized and released by the American Athletic Conference in the winter of 2014.

The Bearcats open the 2013 season on Saturday, Aug. 31 against Purdue at noon inside Nippert Stadium. Tickets for that game and the entire 2013 campaign are on sale now. Call 1-877-CATS-TIX or click the tickets link at GoBEARCATS.com to get your seats today.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-footb...13aaa.html

08-12-2013 09:19 AM
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
What does the schedule look like next year? Is it too late to add a marquee game knowing that they already have an NFL stadium to play in?

08-12-2013 09:42 AM
bctn8n Offline
1st String

I Root For: .
(08-12-2013 09:42 AM)Cat-Man Wrote:  What does the schedule look like next year? Is it too late to add a marquee game knowing that they already have an NFL stadium to play in?

Right now Stony Brook, Toledo and Miami OH. The AAC schedule isnt out.

08-12-2013 09:43 AM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(08-12-2013 09:42 AM)Cat-Man Wrote:  What does the schedule look like next year? Is it too late to add a marquee game knowing that they already have an NFL stadium to play in?

OOC schedule is already filled with Stony Brook, Miami, Toledo, and OSU (in Columbus). It's probably too late to do anything about it at this point.

08-12-2013 09:44 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(08-12-2013 09:44 AM)cinbinsportsfan Wrote:  

OOC schedule is already filled with Stony Brook, Miami, Toledo, and OSU (in Columbus). It's probably too late to do anything about it at this point.

I still don't know why we don't flip the Miami games in 2014 and 2015. That would be easily changed. Toledo will bring a pretty large contingent down after last year's game too. That Stony Brook game might be able to get switched around but it'd be with a smaller school, knowing how averse P5 school are of playing us at home nowadays.

08-12-2013 09:51 AM
Advertisement

cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

Yea the Miami game would seem to be the easiest to switch but then you have to think about how Miami's OOC schedule would be affected by it. I don't know, just the logistics of messing with the 2014 schedule just a year ahead of time can't be easy.

08-12-2013 10:02 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
^^ I still think the Miami crowd will be decent. The game at Nippert sold out last year. We'll bring our 30-35K and I am going to guess that Miami travels better to downtown then they do to Oxford. I am more worried about the crowd for Tulane or East Carolina (if we get them at home the first year)

08-12-2013 10:05 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(08-12-2013 09:51 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

I still don't know why we don't flip the Miami games in 2014 and 2015. That would be easily changed. Toledo will bring a pretty large contingent down after last year's game too. That Stony Brook game might be able to get switched around but it'd be with a smaller school, knowing how averse P5 school are of playing us at home nowadays.

Why give Miami back to back home games? Miami game is a good draw, only sellout at Nippert last season.

08-12-2013 10:07 AM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(08-12-2013 10:05 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  ^^ I still think the Miami crowd will be decent. The game at Nippert sold out last year. We'll bring our 30-35K and I am going to guess that Miami travels better to downtown then they do to Oxford. I am more worried about the crowd for Tulane or East Carolina (if we get them at home the first year)

As far as AAC home games , I guess we can assume we will have Memphis, Houston and USF here since we go there this year. Also, one probably of ECU / Tulane / UCF

Stoney Brook
Miami
Toledo
Memphis
Houston
USF
ECU / Tulane / UCF

Thats 7 right there

08-12-2013 10:12 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Miami and Toledo will do fine, Stony Brook is the game that I am wishing off the schedule. Play a roadie at Louisville because they need a home game next season, find a name opponent and do a two for one if necessary.

Toledo, Miami, @Ohio State, @Louisville= Solid home games, fun road trips against regional rivals, lots of bragging rights games.
Toledo, Miami, @Ohio State, Power Conference team at home= Taking advantage of PBS
Toledo, Miami, @Ohio State, Power Conference road game= Solid home games plus a chance to make a statement.
Toledo, Miami, @Ohio State, Stony Brook=Wasting PBS with a FCS school and two solid MAC draws.

08-12-2013 10:18 AM
Advertisement

Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

Ugh. Hate going to PBS, but if that's the price that has to be paid to get our revamped Nippert, I will pay it.

08-12-2013 10:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BearcatMan Offline

(08-12-2013 10:07 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 09:51 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Why give Miami back to back home games? Miami game is a good draw, only sellout at Nippert last season.

I think that would be the ideal game to reopen Nippert in 2015. That's the only reason. I know it'll draw more than likely in the high 40's or low 50's, just think it would be cool to have the oldest non-conference rivalry in the country be the one to open our newly renovated stadium.

08-12-2013 10:46 AM
indycat Offline
1st String

(08-12-2013 10:05 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  ^^ I still think the Miami crowd will be decent. The game at Nippert sold out last year. We'll bring our 30-35K and I am going to guess that Miami travels better to downtown then they do to Oxford. I am more worried about the crowd for Tulane or East Carolina (if we get them at home the first year)

Future AAC home games, especially @ PBS are a real cause for concern. ECU has been one of the best non-BCS programs in terms of their fanbase but it's a long trip from NC to Cincy.

If UC must be in the AAC for more than two years, sellouts will require a lot of marketing by UC and a greatly increased season ticket base. While not every program in the BE traveled well, Cincinnati fans saw Pitt and Syracuse as "name" programs; WVU and Louisville as close rivals that brought tons of fans and generated enthusiasm in our fan base.

08-12-2013 10:48 AM
BearcatMan Offline

(08-12-2013 10:12 AM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  

As far as AAC home games , I guess we can assume we will have Memphis, Houston and USF here since we go there this year. Also, one probably of ECU / Tulane / UCF

Stoney Brook
Miami
Toledo
Memphis
Houston
USF
ECU / Tulane / UCF

Thats 7 right there

If we got UCF, that's actually a pretty decent conference home schedule. Houston should be back, Memphis' coach will be playing on the hot seat and USF always seems to draw a good crowd. Not to mention UCF has the very real potential of being a Top 25 matchup.

08-12-2013 10:48 AM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
If you want Miami to open our renovated Nippert flip the 15 & 16 games, and play them in PBS in 14 and Nippert in 15. There is no excuse to ever play consecutive years in Oxford.

08-12-2013 10:55 AM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(08-12-2013 10:55 AM)RealDeal Wrote:  If you want Miami to open our renovated Nippert flip the 15 & 16 games, and play them in PBS in 14 and Nippert in 15. There is no excuse to ever play consecutive years in Oxford.

I like that idea or we can open Nippert with a conference opponent like..................Oklahoma?

08-12-2013 11:06 AM
apoe Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(08-12-2013 10:05 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  I am more worried about the crowd for Tulane or East Carolina (if we get them at home the first year)

Especially if those games are the coveted AAC Wednesday night slot, ugh, attendance would be brutal.

08-12-2013 11:14 AM
#41 Offline
Special Teams

(08-12-2013 10:18 AM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  Miami and Toledo will do fine, Stony Brook is the game that I am wishing off the schedule. Play a roadie at Louisville because they need a home game next season, find a name opponent and do a two for one if necessary.

Toledo, Miami, @Ohio State, @Louisville= Solid home games, fun road trips against regional rivals, lots of bragging rights games.
Toledo, Miami, @Ohio State, Power Conference team at home= Taking advantage of PBS
Toledo, Miami, @Ohio State, Power Conference road game= Solid home games plus a chance to make a statement.
Toledo, Miami, @Ohio State, Stony Brook=Wasting PBS with a FCS school and two solid MAC draws.

There's no such thing as a "solid MAC draw" -- if there were, most MAC teams wouldn't be playing to empty stadiums at rock-bottom ticket prices.

Toledo is a "dump" game if they can bring a better opponent in -- even if every one of their fans drove down from Lucas County, they still wouldn't bring enough people to sell PBS out. You gain nothing by playing them either -- a win doesn't help you, a loss is viewed as a "bad" loss most seasons. Plus, you've already played the away half of the scheduling agreement, so it's not like the buyout is going to be huge.

Oh, and winning against a MAC team is never for bragging rights. It's a check mark on the schedule that should be about as exciting as doing your taxes if your program is healthy.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 11:52 AM by #41.)
08-12-2013 11:50 AM
UCMBA12 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Bearcats
HOLY SH------------!!!!!!!!!!

Thats an awful schedule. Should work well for the Nippert fans though as attendance will be horrible solidifying the idea that Nippert is best place to play. Man did I mention how bad that schedule is. There is not one game of any significance, no rival (that has beat us in the last 8 years), no big 5 opponent, yikes!!!

Whats the best game on the schedule...ummmmm, urrrrr, uggggg...........Houston????

08-12-2013 12:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.