WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DeCamp
EA3 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
DeCamp
DeCamp leaving Kalamazoo to join Muskegon as a managing producer...according to his twitter.

Sad to see Scott go. I've enjoyed reading his stuff more and more in the last year and a half.
08-10-2013 10:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

RE: DeCamp
Not bad for a MSU grad.
08-10-2013 12:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
Mlive has wrecked a quality newspaper. Decamp would never have left for a piece of chit newpaper in Muskegon were the Gazette still intact.

I had dinner after Couch when I did our recruiting video a few years back. He stated the Gazette was a money maker. Mlive applied a business model to it that it simply didn't need.

The Gazette's model is much like the National Enquire's. If you're a reporter for the Gazetter/Mlive you make a name with your editor by getting hits and comments on your article.

Julie Mack has it figured out. She writes stuff she doesn't even believe to get a rise out of her readers. Drews figured out at the last live chat that WMU football has a big following in the community. He had almost 300 comments, so he can justify multiple daily stories on Bronco football now.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 12:10 PM by Chipdip2.)
08-10-2013 12:09 PM
Broncobelt Offline
All American

Kalamazoo to Muskegon?? Got a nice lakeshore there. Would be a great place for a town if Muskegon weren't there already. That city is a dead end and his been fighting death since the lumber boom ended in the late 1890's.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 04:03 PM by Broncobelt.)
08-10-2013 03:03 PM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
CD2, I think you're dead on about MLive and GAZETTE, but disagree with you about Julie Mack.
08-10-2013 03:17 PM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

(08-10-2013 03:17 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  CD2, I think you're dead on about MLive and GAZETTE, but disagree with you about Julie Mack.

I don't know if she writes things she doesn't necessarily believe in...but it does seem that she presents information in a way that deliberately stirs the pot...thus creating online comments and dialogue.

That practice is rampant on mlive right now. Someone writes and article, a reader leaves a comment, and the writer will ask open ended questions to spur conversation via the comment section.

I'm not a huge fan of that technique.
08-12-2013 09:57 AM
WheresWaldo42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: BetterCall Saul
DeCamp grew up in the Muskegon area, so this doesn't surprise me. Although, I really enjoyed the hard work that he put in to covering the Kalamazoo area HS sports.

The Gazette and MLive have completely crapped on its readers and writers here in Kalamazoo. I don't blame Couch, DeCamp and eventually Drew for leaving and finding a place where they will actually give them the resources and support that they need.

As for Julie Mack. Her garbage is a waste of space in any newspaper or online media source.
08-12-2013 09:59 AM
Advertisement

wojo-kowski Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Western
(08-12-2013 09:59 AM)WheresWaldo42 Wrote:  DeCamp grew up in the Muskegon area, so this doesn't surprise me. Although, I really enjoyed the hard work that he put in to covering the Kalamazoo area HS sports.

The Gazette and MLive have completely crapped on its readers and writers here in Kalamazoo. I don't blame Couch, DeCamp and eventually Drew for leaving and finding a place where they will actually give them the resources and support that they need.

As for Julie Mack. Her garbage is a waste of space in any newspaper or online media source.
08-13-2013 04:35 PM
wojo-kowski Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Western
Julie Mack has to be the most hated reporter of all time. Everything she writes is controversial.
I ripped into her for saying the police in Kalamazoo are arresting more drug users are the northside, so what's new?

I told her anybody who uses drugs should be arrested no matter where it happens!
08-13-2013 04:40 PM
Fights for Justice

(08-13-2013 04:40 PM)wojo-kowski Wrote:  I told her anybody who uses drugs should be arrested no matter where it happens!

Why?
08-13-2013 04:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
Why not?
08-13-2013 06:50 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

She writes a lot of negative stuff about KPS, some deserving, a lot of it b.s. Just so happens someone near and dear to her got canned from there a few years back. Go figure.

I don't think she has any desire to move elsewhere, so she writes stuff that gets a lot of feedback so that she can impress her editor.

Their Gazette's model is crystal clear. Once an article is getting traction from reader feedback the writer chimes in to entice more feedback. It's actually sad to watch. Hopefully DeCamp is going to a better situation, but my real hope is that Mlive/Gazette fails and someone buys the Gazette and makes a go of it.
08-13-2013 06:53 PM
Broncobelt Offline
All American

^Dip - are you talking about the possibility of someone buying the entire Booth newspaper chain?
08-13-2013 07:29 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(08-13-2013 07:29 PM)Broncobelt Wrote:  ^Dip - are you talking about the possibility of someone buying the entire Booth newspaper chain?

No I'm talking about Booth selling off some of its assets. The Gazette was and maybe still is a money maker.
08-13-2013 07:47 PM
Fights for Justice

Whatever happened to the city suing Booth over the tax abatement for the printing press?
08-13-2013 10:05 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

That was quite awhile back, not sure how it turned out.
08-14-2013 12:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.