Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Do you prefer dry heat or humid heat?
WPDAWG08 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UGA
Do you prefer dry heat or humid heat?
I have been out in Arizona where you can escape the 120 degree weather with a bit of shade. In the deep south the humidity is unbearable and consumes you. That being said I prefer dry heat.
08-07-2013 05:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
RE: Do you prefer dry heat or humid heat?
Dry heat w/out a doubt
08-07-2013 05:25 PM
BucFyre Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU
Dry heat for sure. It's disgustingly muggy in Atlanta today. It makes me miss my hometown.
08-07-2013 06:24 PM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
The humidity in Dothan has been atrocious for a few weeks now. I'd love to live in some dry heat.
08-07-2013 06:37 PM
Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

I Root For: American Worker
It's not the heat it's the stupidity
08-07-2013 06:43 PM
WPDAWG08 Offline
1st String

(08-07-2013 06:43 PM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  It's not the heat it's the stupidity

Yeah I visited cali once it was ridiculous.
08-07-2013 07:07 PM
Advertisement

blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
Neither....

But, if I had to pick, I would go with dry heat.
08-07-2013 08:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
Humid heat is better for your health.

I'll take humid.
08-07-2013 11:05 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
(08-07-2013 11:05 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  Humid heat is better for your health.

I'll take humid.

Dry cold is the worst. When I go to Denver or Salt Lake City, I have to drink like a gallon of water a day.
08-07-2013 11:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WPDAWG08 Offline
1st String

(08-07-2013 11:05 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  Humid heat is better for your health.

I'll take humid.

I doubt that. Humidity is unbearable in the deep south a little shade takes care of dry heat.
08-08-2013 10:50 AM
Monarch_Pride Offline
Baze! Baze! Baze! Baze!

I Root For: Old Dominion
Dry heat, because then your sweat can actually evaporate and feels good. If you sweat in humidity, it just feels awful.
08-08-2013 12:24 PM
Advertisement

oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-08-2013 10:50 AM)WPDAWG08 Wrote:  

I'll take humid.

I doubt that. Humidity is unbearable in the deep south a little shade takes care of dry heat.

LOL you like this one.

Yes, but humidity normally doesn't kill you or shorten your life span. It's better for your skin and you respiratory system. It's one of the reason people who live near an ocean tend to be healther.There's a reason there are bodies littered all over the Sonoran and Mojave, and not south of Atlanta from heat alone.

Yes humidity is uncomfortable, but not quite as uncomfortable as the point right before you die from having all the moisture sucked out of your body. Like your tongue choking off all your air while your esophagus is glued shut. In southern AZ you never feel your sweat because it is constantly evaporating.

When you start seeing this in Georgia, well talk. Shade does not stop 125 degrees.
[Image: deadimmigrant.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 06:40 PM by oklalittledixie.)
08-08-2013 06:26 PM
BucFyre Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU
Um, ew.
08-08-2013 07:28 PM
Monarch_Pride Offline
Baze! Baze! Baze! Baze!

(08-08-2013 06:26 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  When you start seeing this in Georgia, well talk. Shade does not stop 125 degrees.

I would think 125 degree humid heat would kill you a hell of a lot faster.
08-08-2013 09:52 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-08-2013 09:52 PM)Monarch_Pride Wrote:  
(08-08-2013 06:26 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  When you start seeing this in Georgia, well talk. Shade does not stop 125 degrees.

I would think 125 degree humid heat would kill you a hell of a lot faster.

Not that you have ever felt that, but probably not. Dehydration is the culprit. You would be at risk for heat stroke, but there isn't a place like that in the United States. Are there places in Georgia or Florida that are littered with the bodies of heat related deaths?
08-08-2013 10:17 PM
Monarch_Pride Offline
Baze! Baze! Baze! Baze!

(08-08-2013 10:17 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  Not that you have ever felt that, but probably not. Dehydration is the culprit. You would be at risk for heat stroke, but there isn't a place like that in the United States. Are there places in Georgia or Florida that are littered with the bodies of heat related deaths?

You would sweat more in the humid air, thus becoming more dehydrated was my reasoning. No, I don't know of any place that both gets to 125 degrees and is humid 03-lmfao
08-08-2013 10:24 PM
Advertisement

oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-08-2013 10:24 PM)Monarch_Pride Wrote:  
(08-08-2013 10:17 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  Not that you have ever felt that, but probably not. Dehydration is the culprit. You would be at risk for heat stroke, but there isn't a place like that in the United States. Are there places in Georgia or Florida that are littered with the bodies of heat related deaths?

You would sweat more in the humid air, thus becoming more dehydrated was my reasoning. No, I don't know of any place that both gets to 125 degrees and is humid 03-lmfao

No. You would not sweat more. The sweat stays on your skin. In extreme dry heat it immediately evaporates, but the amount is no different.

Here is the difference regarding your body. Humid heat can cause heat stroke- which is dangerous and sometimes fatal.

Dry heat causes dehydration which can kill you fast. People in the AZ or places like death Valley literally cannot carry enough water to stay hydrated. They even have water stations set up for illegals making the very dangerous trek up the Sonoran.

I live in high humidity and have never had a heat stroke. I jogged tonight through some woods with humidity sitting about 97 percent. When I was done, I was hot, tired and drenched in sweat. In AZ I got dehydrated once. It took a couple weeks to fully recover. I was lucky that I was close to water. I just didn't hydrate enough before going on a hike. I was sick for days. Dark urine, extreme fatigue, muscle weakness, dry mouth, cramps, headaches and disorientation. Once it sets in, drinking a glass of water doesn't make it go away. It takes a long time for your body to heal from that.

Not to mention people who live in the desert have leathery, dry and shiny skin. They just look haggard. Almost a yellow jaundiced look.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 10:39 PM by oklalittledixie.)
08-08-2013 10:36 PM
Monarch_Pride Offline
Baze! Baze! Baze! Baze!

No, I don't think that's quite right. If the sweat can't evaporate, there is no cooling effect. Therefore more sweat would ensue as a reaction...

Not that I have any hard facts or anything, though. I can't find a real reference for this, either, lol
08-09-2013 08:09 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-09-2013 08:09 AM)Monarch_Pride Wrote:  No, I don't think that's quite right. If the sweat can't evaporate, there is no cooling effect. Therefore more sweat would ensue as a reaction...

Not that I have any hard facts or anything, though. I can't find a real reference for this, either, lol

If sweat evaporates before it ever cools you down, you body just keeps producing more. It never stays on your skin. It leaves your pore and immediately evaporates. This quickly depletes your body.
08-09-2013 12:47 PM
Monarch_Pride Offline
Baze! Baze! Baze! Baze!

(08-09-2013 12:47 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  If sweat evaporates before it ever cools you down, you body just keeps producing more. It never stays on your skin. It leaves your pore and immediately evaporates. This quickly depletes your body.

Evaporates before it cools you down? It is the evaporation that creates the cooling effect. Simply having water on your skin does not cool you down if it doesn't evaporate.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2013 01:35 PM by Monarch_Pride.)
08-09-2013 01:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.