It's official: Lindsey Graham has three primary opponents
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
It's official: Lindsey Graham has three primary opponents
http://www.brightforsenate.com/

To sum up the candidates:

- Cash: Meet the new boss ... same as the old boss. He may be somewhat different on foreign policy, but his credentials are entirely in the values voter 700 club camp.
- Mace: First female graduate of The Citadel. Has been politically active in a PR firm used by some liberty candidates including Tom Davis. Would make a fine replacement for Graham.
- Bright: Very very fiscally conservative. Very pro gun. Very school choice. Has an outstanding voting record in the SC Senate. Endorsed Ron Paul last cycle. Has the one thing Nancy Mace does not: a detailed voting record of doing the right thing.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 08:16 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
08-06-2013 08:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: It's official: Lindsey Graham has three primary opponents
(08-06-2013 08:16 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  http://www.brightforsenate.com/

To sum up the candidates:

- Cash: Meet the new boss ... same as the old boss. He may be somewhat different on foreign policy, but his credentials are entirely in the values voter 700 club camp.
- Mace: First female graduate of The Citadel. Has been politically active in a PR firm used by some liberty candidates including Tom Davis. Would make a fine replacement for Graham.
- Bright: Very very fiscally conservative. Very pro gun. Very school choice. Has an outstanding voting record in the SC Senate. Endorsed Ron Paul last cycle. Has the one thing Nancy Mace does not: a detailed voting record of doing the right thing.

It would be great if he got kicked to the curb, but incumbency is just sooo tough to overcome.
08-06-2013 08:44 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Saw Mace on a Charlotte TV station interview.
Was pretty much a fluff piece, no depth.
She seemed pretty adept at handling questions.
Not sure overall about her positions, but would think she is pretty viable.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 08:51 PM by GoApps70.)
08-06-2013 08:50 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
I like Mace.
08-06-2013 09:06 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Graham needs to go, Bright.
08-06-2013 09:50 PM
Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

I Root For: American Worker
That's one Democratic pick up. All you have to do to win the GOP primary in the south is be the craziest person in the room
08-06-2013 10:23 PM
Advertisement

dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
What are the major complaints about Graham?
08-06-2013 10:51 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(08-06-2013 10:23 PM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  That's one Democratic pick up. All you have to do to win the GOP primary in the south is be the craziest person in the room

SC will elect anyone, so long as they are a Republican with fractured morals and who display staggering hypocrisy in their personal lives.

I present the following examples

1) Strom Thurmond
2) Lindsay Graham
3) Nikki Haley
4) Ravenel
08-06-2013 10:52 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-06-2013 10:51 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  What are the major complaints about Graham?

I'm a Democrat, so my big complaint with him involves a closet and some anti-Gay votes.

But others don't like the fact that he occasionally works with Senate Democrats on certain fiscal issues.
08-06-2013 10:55 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

(08-06-2013 10:55 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 10:51 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  What are the major complaints about Graham?

I'm a Democrat, so my big complaint with him involves a closet and some anti-Gay votes.

But others don't like the fact that he occasionally works with Senate Democrats on certain fiscal issues.

You think he's a secret gay?
08-06-2013 11:27 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-06-2013 11:27 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  

That's what I keep hearing. And not just from a few people. And its not like the "Tom Cruise is Gay" stuff. Its repeated and persistent comments from persons, including Gayocons, without any correction from Sen Graham. I believe it at this point. Its more of the net result of just too many people talking.

Congressman Frank, with whom I disagreed with more than many of you think, nailed it when asked about 'outing'. He said "You have a right to privacy, but not hypocrisy". There are Gay politicians that cling to the closet whom I would never consider outing. But those that vote against the interest of the community then ask us to 'protect' them should have no protection.

Senator Graham can address the persistent and ongoing allegations at any time he wishes.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 11:38 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
08-06-2013 11:35 PM
Advertisement

dawgitall Offline
Heisman

(08-06-2013 11:35 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 11:27 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  

That's what I keep hearing. And not just from a few people. And its not like the "Tom Cruise is Gay" stuff. Its repeated and persistent comments from persons, including Gayocons, without any correction from Sen Graham. I believe it at this point. Its more of the net result of just too many people talking.

Congressman Frank, with whom I disagreed with more than many of you think, nailed it when asked about 'outing'. He said "You have a right to privacy, but not hypocrisy". There are Gay politicians that cling to the closet whom I would never consider outing. But those that vote against the interest of the community then ask us to 'protect' them should have no protection.

Senator Graham can address the persistent and ongoing allegations at any time he wishes.

interesting
08-07-2013 12:00 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
I remember about 2001 or '02 when Graham was campaigning to replace Thurmond. A prominent Democrat in S.C. (I think it was the Chair of the state party organization) said Graham couldn't win because "South Carolina voters won't support a man who's light in the loafers". I'm quoting from memory but I know he specifically used that phrase. Now to repeat, it was a Democrat who used those words to attack a Republican, so the media looked the other way and the man who made the comment suffered no repercussion. We can only speculate how the media would react if a prominent Republican publicly said that about a Democrat candidate.

Graham has a penchant for going off on strange tangents. I remember a few years ago when he got into an exchange with John Dean (the Watergate lawyer in the '70s, more recently an anti-GOP author/spokesman), who was testifying to a Senate subcommittee. Graham managed to demonstrate his Total ignorance about an historical episode (sure, the '70s were a long time ago. But if you don't know anything about it, why talk about it?), his total willingness to say anything in support of the Patriot Act (so long as a Republican President was enforcing it), and his total inability to handle it when smarter people (granted, that's just about everybody) publicly correct him for the record. Dean, a very crafty/dishonest man who usually plays his cards close to the vest, wound up openly ridiculing Graham before it was over. The episode was characteristic of Graham.

South Carolina Republicans can do much, much better, and the primary gives them a chance to do so. But like someone said, the advantages of incumbency is just so tough to overcome. Mace seems, potentially, to have some star power. No one should underestimate the political advantage to a candidate who's easy on the eyes.
08-07-2013 06:22 AM
Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

I would vote for a gay left handed muslim abortionist (some say I already have) if he or she could govern effectively
08-07-2013 06:42 AM

(08-06-2013 10:23 PM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  That's one Democratic pick up. All you have to do to win the GOP primary in the south is be the craziest person in the room

You're off your rocker if you think the GOP won't win the general with any of those three. You clearly know nothing about the state.

Voted for TARP. Voted for NDAA and the Patriot Act. Voted for indefinite detention. Voted for the fiscal cliff deal that raised taxes. Supported and lobbied the Senate for the Obama immigration plan which gives amnesty but DOESN'T fix the border. He is actively fighting Ted Cruz and Rand Paul and Mike Lee's effort to defund ObamaCare. Hasn't found a country with brown people in it he doesn't want to bomb. Is lock-step with John McCain on virtually everything (that in and of itself is a litany of complaints). Said on the floor of the US Senate if you are declared an enemy combatant by the military -- even if you are a US citizen -- you should be told, and I quote, to "SHUT UP! You don't get a lawyer! You're an enemy combatant!"

(08-06-2013 10:52 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

SC will elect anyone, so long as they are a Republican with fractured morals and who display staggering hypocrisy in their personal lives.

I present the following examples

1) Strom Thurmond
2) Lindsay Graham
3) Nikki Haley
4) Ravenel

What ..... no Democrat Fritz Hollings who had several anti-semitic oopsies? What, no former Chairman of the Democrat Party in SC just a year ago in Dick Harpootlian who called Haley a nazi and racial slurs?
08-07-2013 06:52 AM
WPDAWG08 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UGA
Lindsey grahmnesty has mastered the gay southern accent as well!
08-07-2013 09:48 AM
Advertisement

Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

If you go to the right of Lindsey Graham you are a train wreck waiting to happen
08-07-2013 09:51 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(08-06-2013 10:52 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

Coming from you? 03-lmfao
08-07-2013 09:56 AM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

There was a long time state senator in southeastern NC (right on the SC border) that suffered from the same type rumors as Graham. He was so good at bringing in pork to one of the poorest areas of the state that no one stood a chance of beating him in the primary or general. During one campaign his opponent, that had no chance of winning, had one message, stuck with it, and never offered any other message. His total campaign consisted of five words. "I am not a homosexual." He stayed in trouble in his last years in office when it seemed he couldn't keep the young sketchy men off his property. He seemed to gift them over the years and they would keep coming back to get more. He shot one, called the law on them several times, pulled guns. It went on and on. My point is that being a closet gay politician can sometimes not end well.
08-07-2013 10:06 AM

(08-07-2013 09:51 AM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  If you go to the right of Lindsey Graham you are a train wreck waiting to happen

There's A LOT to the right of Lindsey Graham. Fritz Hollings is virtually a push on that. But the case in point showing you don't know crap about SC politics is Jim DeMint. He was elected to the Senate the first time after saying, publicly, that gays shouldn't be allowed to teach. He defeated the most popular Democrat in the state (former Secretary of Education) to do it. And he defeated her handily.
08-07-2013 10:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.