Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Latest Rumor from my sources...
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
I was in Berlin last week working on a lucrative business deal. I happened to meet up with an old friend who is an expat with plenty of connections to several B1G schools. We had a good time. It's nice to catch up with old friends you haven't seen in awhile. We had a great bottle of Riesling. Truly an enjoyable time. Anyways, he gave me a scoop about the B1G. It definitely is going to expand in the near future. The 15th school is going to be Kansas - it's a slam dunk - but the 16th school gets rather interesting. UCONN was originally going to get the nod; however, a very unexpected thing happened. PSU blackballed them! Their AD Joyner advised that PSU wants to see itself as the preeminent eastern university from an athletic POV. Their fear was that UCONN is so good in most of their current athletics - especially in girls BB - that PSU felt in time that UCONN would eclipse them and start siphoning off their recruits. PSU felt like their hands were tied and this is the best they could do.

As a compromise school, the B1G is now looking at Oklahoma. Texas would have been a clear first choice except for the fact that the ACC was in secret negotiations with them for awhile and that UT and ND are going to join the ACC as full time members. Amazingly, both Texas and OU will be able to break away from the Big12 without any repercussions nor with any baggage. Not sure how they did it, and I'll find out more about that later. Basically, the Big12 GOR was not as strong as originally thought.

I also found out a little later that Joyner was being a little loose lipped bragging about what PSU did to UCONN. Also, Joyner confided with a big booster that FoxSports told the B1G who to take for their 16th school.

Stay tuned guys. More to follow as soon as I get more info!

You're welcome.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 09:25 PM by miko33.)
08-05-2013 09:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

sctvman Offline
1st String

I Root For: C of Charleston
RE: Latest Rumor from my sources...
Ok...
08-05-2013 09:23 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
I am sure you were happy to "meat" your friend
08-05-2013 09:25 PM
miko33 Offline

(08-05-2013 09:25 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  I am sure you were happy to "meat" your friend

Thanks man. I fixed the typo. I grilled a nice filet this evening, so I was still thinking about how good dinner was when I made the OP. I'll be in your debt for the next 10 minutes or so.
08-05-2013 09:26 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(08-05-2013 09:19 PM)miko33 Wrote:  I was in Berlin last week working on a lucrative business deal. I happened to meet up with an old friend who is an expat with plenty of connections to several B1G schools. We had a good time. It's nice to catch up with old friends you haven't seen in awhile. We had a great bottle of Riesling. Truly an enjoyable time. Anyways, he gave me a scoop about the B1G. It definitely is going to expand in the near future. The 15th school is going to be Kansas - it's a slam dunk - but the 16th school gets rather interesting. UCONN was originally going to get the nod; however, a very unexpected thing happened. PSU blackballed them! Their AD Joyner advised that PSU wants to see itself as the preeminent eastern university from an athletic POV. Their fear was that UCONN is so good in most of their current athletics - especially in girls BB - that PSU felt in time that UCONN would eclipse them and start siphoning off their recruits. PSU felt like their hands were tied and this is the best they could do.

As a compromise school, the B1G is now looking at Oklahoma. Texas would have been a clear first choice except for the fact that the ACC was in secret negotiations with them for awhile and that UT and ND are going to join the ACC as full time members. Amazingly, both Texas and OU will be able to break away from the Big12 without any repercussions nor with any baggage. Not sure how they did it, and I'll find out more about that later. Basically, the Big12 GOR was not as strong as originally thought.

I also found out a little later that Joyner was being a little loose lipped bragging about what PSU did to UCONN. Also, Joyner confided with a big booster that FoxSports told the B1G who to take for their 16th school.

You're welcome.
Aside from the obviously expected world trip news, this is similar to one of the popular theories of upcoming realignment on this board. OU/KU to the B1G and UT to the ACC, at least as some kind of alliance. His real earth shaking tips always come in Japan though, so I am suspect of a European trip.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 09:43 PM by USAFMEDIC.)
08-05-2013 09:37 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
I don't know. I can't see a way for Texas to shake some of the other Texas teams. The legislator made them take Baylor and Texas Tech when the SWC broke up. State universities are very susceptible to political pressure in Texas.
08-05-2013 09:38 PM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
(08-05-2013 09:37 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  Aside from the obviously expected world trip news, this is a lot similar to one of the popular theories of upcoming realignment. OU/KU to the B1G and UT to the ACC, at least as some kind of alliance. His real earth shaking tips always come in Japan though, so I am suspect of a European trip.

Well done. 04-bow
08-05-2013 09:41 PM
miko33 Offline

(08-05-2013 09:37 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  
(08-05-2013 09:19 PM)miko33 Wrote:  I was in Berlin last week working on a lucrative business deal. I happened to meet up with an old friend who is an expat with plenty of connections to several B1G schools. We had a good time. It's nice to catch up with old friends you haven't seen in awhile. We had a great bottle of Riesling. Truly an enjoyable time. Anyways, he gave me a scoop about the B1G. It definitely is going to expand in the near future. The 15th school is going to be Kansas - it's a slam dunk - but the 16th school gets rather interesting. UCONN was originally going to get the nod; however, a very unexpected thing happened. PSU blackballed them! Their AD Joyner advised that PSU wants to see itself as the preeminent eastern university from an athletic POV. Their fear was that UCONN is so good in most of their current athletics - especially in girls BB - that PSU felt in time that UCONN would eclipse them and start siphoning off their recruits. PSU felt like their hands were tied and this is the best they could do.

You're welcome.
Aside from the obviously expected world trip news, this is similar to one of the popular theories of upcoming realignment on this board. OU/KU to the B1G and UT to the ACC, at least as some kind of alliance. His real earth shaking tips always come in Japan though, so I am suspect of a European trip.

Not all realignment is earth shattering. But unlike some of these "bloggers" who are merely throwing sh!t at the wall, I provide the true details and nuances. I clearly shared the UCONN angle that the unwashed masses had no clue about. Because of my painstaking lookout for the true insider news, I secured these juicy scoops for your edification.

You're welcome.
08-05-2013 09:46 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
Epic Applause

Bravo Miko. Back to the basics that all the fans love. You read your complaints and fixed the problems.

Edit : ND and Texas joining the ACC full time was a nice touch.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 10:06 PM by ChrisLords.)
08-05-2013 09:47 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
Hey Miko next time you hoist a glass with A. Merkel give her my regards. Who would have guessed she was still so connected with the Badgers. The question is do you think Kansas will be upset if UT and OU get the nod? I appreciate your direct approach this time, but after all since the OSU booster let the cow out of the bag, there is really no need for secrecy now. Tschuss!
08-05-2013 09:54 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
And Miko fires back at HuskyFanDan FromTheInside.
08-05-2013 09:59 PM
Advertisement

Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
Sadly, this is no more ridiculous than any other "insider" piece people often eargerly gobble up on this board.
08-05-2013 10:04 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

(08-05-2013 09:54 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Hey Miko next time you hoist a glass with A. Merkel give her my regards. Who would have guessed she was still so connected with the Badgers. The question is do you think Kansas will be upset if UT and OU get the nod? I appreciate your direct approach this time, but after all since the OSU booster let the cow out of the bag, there is really no need for secrecy now. Tschuss!

If the PAC wouldn't move positions to get UT, I am pretty sure the B1G would move even less to accomodate the Horns. The ACC probably will. UT and ND together, in any arrangement, would be a bonanza for the ACC. I bet UT starts the avalanche, and the B1G will pounce immediately on OU and KU . WVU will end up in the SEC with another Big XII school. No way any ACC school leaves if UT is coming. They are a marketing money bag.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 10:11 PM by USAFMEDIC.)
08-05-2013 10:07 PM
Pony94 Offline

(08-05-2013 09:38 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  I don't know. I can't see a way for Texas to shake some of the other Texas teams. The legislator made them take Baylor and Texas Tech when the SWC broke up. State universities are very susceptible to political pressure in Texas.

This is a bizzaro thread but UT has legislation in hand freeing them from the Governor and senate at the moment,
08-05-2013 10:20 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

(08-05-2013 10:20 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  
(08-05-2013 09:38 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  I don't know. I can't see a way for Texas to shake some of the other Texas teams. The legislator made them take Baylor and Texas Tech when the SWC broke up. State universities are very susceptible to political pressure in Texas.

This is a bizzaro thread but UT has legislation in hand freeing them from the Governor and senate at the moment,
Now that's news, if true. Someone stated also that the GoR might violate some Texas law. Know anything about that?
08-05-2013 10:24 PM
Pony94 Offline

(08-05-2013 10:24 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  
(08-05-2013 10:20 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  

Now that's news, if true. Someone stated also that the GoR might violate some Texas law. Know anything about that?

It's more to attack Rick Perry trying to oust the Chancellor of UT. Basically it is giving the Chancellor free reign for awhile. I doubt it plays into athletics but the people saying Tech and Baylor are too be included are wrong. A&M broke that mold.

And no I don't think Texas is going anywhere. I am just championing they don't have the little brothers people think they have. UT will take TCU over Baylor anyday.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 10:28 PM by Pony94.)
08-05-2013 10:26 PM
Advertisement

Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
Since the last few years of realignment have proven to be unpredictable, it almost seems unreasonable to doubt, anymore. So instead of shooting down rumors and "hearsay" posts, from now on, I've decided to just believe everything.
08-05-2013 10:29 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

(08-05-2013 10:29 PM)Goldenbuc Wrote:  Since the last few years of realignment have proven to be unpredictable, it almost seems unreasonable to doubt, anymore. So instead of shooting down rumors and "hearsay" posts, from now on, I've decided to just believe everything.

We can dream.....04-cheers
08-05-2013 10:36 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
I bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Like I've said about the ACC: BC, Syracuse, and Pitt want nothing to do with UConn because our athletic department knows how to field quality teams (men's BB, women's BB, soccer, baseball, FB ... although FB is still young and growing). BC is terrified of having UConn 90 miles away in the same conference. And now Penn State doesn't want us in the B1G because we're a threat? 03-banghead

The AAC will be fun, but I'm tired of UConn having doors slammed shut in our face because we're competent & competitive.
08-05-2013 10:51 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
I am sorry that I wasted my time reading this! 07-coffee3
08-05-2013 10:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.