Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MLB Suspensions
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
MLB Suspensions
Word is they get announced at 3pm. What will be fascinating will be not the names we know, but who are the new names that we haven't heard yet?
08-05-2013 09:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

RE: MLB Suspensions
and the new players are:
Mets Jordany Valdespin
Phils Antonio Bastardo
Astros Sergio Escalona

others:
Nelson Cruz
Jhonny Peralta
Everth Cabrera
Francisco Cervelli
Jesus Montero
Cesar Purello
Fautino De Los Santos
Fernando Martinez
JOrdan Norberto

cleared in terms of new discipline or completely
Bartolo Colon
Yasmani Grandal
Melky Cabrera

cleared 100%
Gio Gonzalez
Danny Valencia
08-05-2013 12:18 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
so the rangers are f*cked and the tigers are also in huge trouble. they better hope fielder gets rolling
08-05-2013 12:31 PM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

helps the Indians and even Orioles and Rays. And, if ARod is able to play thru the end of the year, the Yanks are helped by this.
08-05-2013 12:41 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(08-05-2013 12:41 PM)stever20 Wrote:  helps the Indians and even Orioles and Rays. And, if ARod is able to play thru the end of the year, the Yanks are helped by this.

agreed. It certainly makes the playoff races that much more interesting
08-05-2013 02:22 PM
Advertisement

blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
(08-05-2013 12:31 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  so the rangers are f*cked and the tigers are also in huge trouble. they better hope fielder gets rolling

Looks like Dombrowski knew what he was doing giving up Avisail Gracia for Jose Iglesias...
08-05-2013 06:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
I'm all for a lifetime ban of A-roid.
08-07-2013 03:49 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(08-07-2013 03:49 PM)Paul of Troy Wrote:  I'm all for a lifetime ban of A-roid.

based on what? if the MLBPA were to agree to a lifetime ban they'd be effectively neutering themselves
08-07-2013 04:00 PM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
(08-07-2013 04:00 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  

based on what? if the MLBPA were to agree to a lifetime ban they'd be effectively neutering themselves

The penalties simply are not enough of a deterrent. The players need to know this won't be accepted. This is cheating.

I'd say you give them one warning that comes with a season's ban on the first infraction. Then a lifetime ban on any recurring infraction. People are human and easily make poor judgement calls and mistakes so I don't have a problem with not kicking them out on the first red flag.

All players do now is do it long enough to get that big contract and then once they sign it what do they care if they get a 50 game ban?

I'll admit I don't know all of the subtleties in the bureaucracy that is baseball but if Pete Rose was banned for gambling...
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 06:30 PM by Paul of Troy.)
08-07-2013 06:29 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(08-07-2013 06:29 PM)Paul of Troy Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 04:00 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  

The penalties simply are not enough of a deterrent. The players need to know this won't be accepted. This is cheating.

I'd say you give them one warning that comes with a season's ban on the first infraction. Then a lifetime ban on any recurring infraction. People are human and easily make poor judgement calls and mistakes so I don't have a problem with not kicking them out on the first red flag.

All players do now is do it long enough to get that big contract and then once they sign it what do they care if they get a 50 game ban?

I'll admit I don't know all of the subtleties in the bureaucracy that is baseball but if Pete Rose was banned for gambling...

oh ok, this i agree with. i thought you were advocating giving a-rod a lifetime ban under the current rules.
08-07-2013 07:03 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
I think the MLB and Player's association should get together and let teams void player contracts if the player is found guilty of PEDs or cheating in any other manner. The player should not be rewarded for bad behavior. Player's union would probably not go for it, so maybe they could make a compromise and say that the team still has to pay all of the money on the contract, but it goes to the old-timer's fund or to a charity.
08-10-2013 07:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.