Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

App Fans
Bookmark and Share
Brother's Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: JSU
App Fans
Jamill Lott, cornerback at App State has graduated and has chosen to play his last year of eligibility at Jacksonville State. What kind of player are the Gamecocks getting?
08-01-2013 06:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hapapp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
RE: App Fans
(08-01-2013 06:58 PM)Brothers Wrote:  Jamill Lott, cornerback at App State has graduated and has chosen to play his last year of eligibility at Jacksonville State. What kind of player are the Gamecocks getting?

He was a QB in high school. He played at a number of different positions, finishing his career at App as a DB. He also ran into some difficulties that resulted in his departure from the team. Hopefully, he will take full advantage of this opportunity. He is a good athlete.
08-01-2013 07:21 PM
Yosef84 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Appalachian St
Lott was a solid athlete who contributed at App mostly at DB. As HapApp said, he played QB in high school but was never a real factor in the QB competition at App. I know that before the 2012 season, he was dinged for a "violation of team rules' that resulted in a two game suspension. I'm not aware of any major attitude problems or on-field issues. I would say that you are getting a solid player. I hope he takes advantage of the opportunity and has a great season at JSU.
08-01-2013 07:28 PM
T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

He's a next-level talent that couldn't get away from his problems. He was suspended twice, the first time for two games last season and then indefinitely in the spring.
08-01-2013 08:23 PM
Brother's Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: JSU
I had not heard anything about his "problems" or any suspensions. He is graduating this summer, so I suppose that is a positive. Coach Clark doesn't seem like the type that will put up with much. It seems like he wants one last chance to impress NFL scouts and he thinks he needs a fresh start somewhere else. If he is talented enough to play at the next level, I'm glad we've got him. I'm sure Clark will have him on a short leash.
08-01-2013 09:43 PM
Advertisement

asumike83 Offline
2nd String

Re: App Fans
Not familiar with the Jax State depth chart but he can be a difference maker at free safety or corner, depending on need. The App defense will absolutely miss him.
08-02-2013 07:40 AM
ATLGSUEAGLE Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA....SOUTHERN
heading up to Boone in late OCT for the game, going with an ASU alum and the wives, do we know what time the game is?
08-02-2013 07:46 AM
appfan89 Offline
2nd String

Donators
(08-02-2013 07:46 AM)ATLGSUEAGLE Wrote:  heading up to Boone in late OCT for the game, going with an ASU alum and the wives, do we know what time the game is?

3:30

http://www.appstatesports.com/SportSelec...SID=104460
08-02-2013 07:50 AM
ATLGSUEAGLE Offline
Special Teams

(08-02-2013 07:50 AM)appfan89 Wrote:  
(08-02-2013 07:46 AM)ATLGSUEAGLE Wrote:  heading up to Boone in late OCT for the game, going with an ASU alum and the wives, do we know what time the game is?

Thanks, looks like we are staying at the Sleep Inn, close to campus, can you rec good bars for visitors?
08-02-2013 07:53 AM
Advertisement

appfan89 Offline
2nd String

Donators
(08-02-2013 07:53 AM)ATLGSUEAGLE Wrote:  
(08-02-2013 07:50 AM)appfan89 Wrote:  

Thanks, looks like we are staying at the Sleep Inn, close to campus, can you rec good bars for visitors?

I frequent Macado's and Murphy's, both on King St. I've also been to Klondike's at the intersection of Rivers St and Blowing Rock Rd, right across from Holmes Convocation Center.

I'm sure others on the board can recommend others.
08-02-2013 08:02 AM
BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

Lott had some really nice plays last year, had a couple crucial interceptions for us. Despite the off the field issues, he always seemed like a real good guy as well. I think he could do some real good things for you guys, and I'd be excited to have him!
ATLGSUEAGLE, I'd check out Boone Saloon and Town Tavern. Even though it's a chain, Mellow Mushroom has a pretty good beer selection and a nice atmosphere too. The tAPP Room is probably my favorite, but it is really close to the really fratty college bars (Parthenon, Klondike) if that scares you away.
08-02-2013 09:31 AM
ATLGSUEAGLE Offline
Special Teams

(08-02-2013 09:31 AM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  Lott had some really nice plays last year, had a couple crucial interceptions for us. Despite the off the field issues, he always seemed like a real good guy as well. I think he could do some real good things for you guys, and I'd be excited to have him!
ATLGSUEAGLE, I'd check out Boone Saloon and Town Tavern. Even though it's a chain, Mellow Mushroom has a pretty good beer selection and a nice atmosphere too. The tAPP Room is probably my favorite, but it is really close to the really fratty college bars (Parthenon, Klondike) if that scares you away.

thanks, we want fun but not too rowdy, mix with alumni of both school type places, and yes I know Mellow Mushroom, was started in ATL
08-02-2013 10:03 AM
appsfan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(08-01-2013 06:58 PM)Brothers Wrote:  Jamill Lott, cornerback at App State has graduated and has chosen to play his last year of eligibility at Jacksonville State. What kind of player are the Gamecocks getting?

There are a couple sentences on Lott here:

http://www.annistonstar.com/view/full_st...=home_news
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 08:26 PM by appsfan.)
08-02-2013 08:26 PM
Advertisement

T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

(08-02-2013 08:02 AM)appfan89 Wrote:  I frequent Macado's and Murphy's, both on King St. I've also been to Klondike's at the intersection of Rivers St and Blowing Rock Rd, right across from Holmes Convocation Center.

Don't waste your time at Klondike. They're always charging a cover and the crowd there isn't good. I use to hate on Parthenon because of the greeks that would be there, but they're actually not that bad and have cheap beers on special.

Boone Saloon and Murphy's, both places I use to frequent, are place I wouldn't recommend now either. The staff are abrasive and the crowds are reflecting it, plus the condition of both places isn't ideal.

Town Tavern is fantastic. Great wings, four thousand TV's and a fun atmosphere. They just opened a location in Blowing Rock that is also really good.

Macado's is also underrated as a bar choice. They usually have good pitcher specials.

tAPP room, which is right next to Klondike, is a really good. Great selection of beers on tap and their burgers are good. Their head bartender knows his stuff.

The Rock, which is where Mountaineer Talk is being moved to, is also a good place with lots of TV's, good menu and good specials. Only negative is that it's not downtown.

Mellow Mushroom has a great bar with great local choices. It's more of a dinner and a beer location, but their pizzas are superb. Their Blowing Rock location is moving to a bigger location and should be a big hit.

Appalachian Mountain Brewery is a local favorite now. They don't serve food, but some good food trucks stop by. Watch out, it's all in-house brewing and it'll get you drunk fast. No piss-water beers there.

If you're a clubber and want to see some eye candy, Char and Paolucci's are the places to go. They are what they are.

Portofino's is still a good choice although I haven't been in a while.

There's a couple other small local places, but they're more of artsy places with poetry slams and phish-type music.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 12:43 AM by T-Dog.)
08-04-2013 12:39 AM
asu7 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: APP STATE
Things have changed so much since 2001. I feel like I need a couple of years in Boone just to get it all figured out again. I miss places like Deloree's and Caribbean Café.
08-05-2013 08:08 AM
SpeedkingATL Offline
Special Teams

My understanding is that Lott actually graduated with a 3.0 gpa so academics were not an issue. IMO He would be battling for a starting DB position if he were still at App today. Good athlete that never quite reached his potential and could be a nice find for Jax State.
08-05-2013 03:06 PM
DeanoASU Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Appalachian
(08-05-2013 08:08 AM)asu7 Wrote:  Things have changed so much since 2001. I feel like I need a couple of years in Boone just to get it all figured out again. I miss places like Deloree's and Caribbean Café.

Caribbean Cafe' was me and my buddies favorite hangout from 91-95, they still stand as my "best wings Ive ever had". They even got a mention in Playboy Magazine back then. Even after I graduated, me and my buds still visited the Cafe' every time we were in town. We were heartbroken when we found out they had moved to GA.
08-06-2013 01:19 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Still wonder why Lott was kicked off the team.
08-06-2013 02:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.