Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I want facts please to examine the b10 going to 16
FromTheInside Offline
Banned

I Root For: TV Contracts
I want facts please to examine the b10 going to 16
Lets talk:

1) the SEC does not have a GOR. That could put Mizzu and Vandy in play.
2) the B12 has a GOR. Until what year is it? I forget...
3) the new B1G will be technically 2017 tv wise correct?
4) the ACC has a GOR in principle but has yet to announce a signed one. The ACC is in the process of trying to buy back inventory to create a network with ESPN. Lville does not actually join he ACC until July 1st 2014 and on that date a GOR potentially could be signed for all involved.
5) the PAC has a GOR and is a ally of the B1G. It's also geographically pretty. Colorado leaving is extremely far fetched.
6) UConn is for the taking but it not AAU. They have invested heavily recently to push for AAU status. They have upgraded hockey and talked about lax as well. They have pillars in place or expansion of the Rent.
7) Buffalo is in the process of rebranding. They potentially bring NY in the sense of becoming the flagship to a huge SUNY system. They are AAU and fit geographically but are a big leap currently on the playing field/court.
8) did UMass watch UConn for too long and miss the boat?

Kansas-Oklahoma-Texas
Mizzu
Vandy
Virginia-North Carolina-Georgia
Connecticut
New York State

When the B1G rebranded with the logo we all thought the G was a 6 right? The 2 decade old idea of a 4x16. Remember that? But what we are not accounting for is technology since then and the rise of tv money. The model and ideas still fit, just bigger numbers get bigger money, exposure, land and most importantly power.

What makes you think that G is not a 8 or a 0. Look at it. Those 2 are just as long as a stretch as a 6.

You know what would look really good with Michigan, Ohio, Penn, Md and NJ? NY, VA and CT. You know what Texas really wants? To counter A&M and to have its big public traditional buddies as its foes.

Think about it.

Texas, OK, Kansas, Mizzu, Neb, Wisc, Minn, Iowa, Ill, NW
tOSU, Mich, MSU, Ind, Pur, PSU, MD, Ruty, CT, UVA

If NW does not break to d4 with them or UVA joins UNC, NCST and VT going to the SEC then enter NY.
07-31-2013 05:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
RE: I want facts please to examine the b10 going to 16
I'd love for that just to watch the epic **** storm that would engulf Austin and OKC when OSU, Tech, Baylor and TCU found out they are about to be abandoned to a league that will be CUSA west 2.0
07-31-2013 08:35 PM
jml2010 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tx Tech & UNT
(07-31-2013 08:35 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  I'd love for that just to watch the epic **** storm that would engulf Austin and OKC when OSU, Tech, Baylor and TCU found out they are about to be abandoned to a league that will be CUSA west 2.0

Texas Tech and Oklahoma St will not be left behind.05-mafia

Once the PAC expands with the Texoma 4, I would love to see Baylor and TCU get a SEC invite. It would be epic to see Baylor and A&M in the same conference again.
07-31-2013 08:52 PM
moron Offline
2nd String

I Root For: America
(07-31-2013 08:52 PM)jml2010 Wrote:  Once the PAC expands with the Texoma 4, I would love to see Baylor and TCU get a SEC invite. It would be epic to see Baylor and A&M in the same conference again.

Don't hold your breath about Baylor. A&M will block them until the end of time.
07-31-2013 09:05 PM
jml2010 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tx Tech & UNT
(07-31-2013 09:05 PM)moron Wrote:  
(07-31-2013 08:52 PM)jml2010 Wrote:  Once the PAC expands with the Texoma 4, I would love to see Baylor and TCU get a SEC invite. It would be epic to see Baylor and A&M in the same conference again.

Don't hold your breath about Baylor. A&M will block them until the end of time.

Yeah, I know but A&M only has 1 vote. Baylor's hissy fit about A&M leaving was horrible but it would be epic to see the ags cry if Baylor got the invite.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2013 09:11 PM by jml2010.)
07-31-2013 09:10 PM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Louisville has already signed the ACC GOR. It was signed in early April. Louisville isn't going anywhere. Neither is anyone else in The ACC.

If The Big Ten wants to expand better look to Cincinnati, UConn, BYU or an SEC school.
CJ
07-31-2013 09:31 PM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
Why would UConn want to join the B1G? Aren't they getting a sweetheart deal to be independent? What happened to that?
07-31-2013 09:34 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Tell me who will have the top tier TV rights for the Big 10 after 2016 and I'll tell you whether GOR matters.

If it is ESPN. It doesn't matter.

All GOR does is protect against a reduction in rights fee by making the departing team liable for that reduction under contract law.

ESPN owns 100% of the ACC TV rights. If one or two ACC moving to Big 10 happens and ESPN has those Big 10 rights, ESPN by not reducing the fee paid to the ACC gives the GOR a value of zero.

ESPN owns top-tier Big XII, Fox owns second, ESPN owns third tier Texas and Kansas. If a Big XII moves and ESPN has the Big 10 rights, ESPN likely doesn't reduce the rights fee paid meaning value of GOR for top tier is zero. Fox owning BTN likely won't reduce fees either since BTN will be more valuable, again value zero. If Texas or Kansas is taken, ESPN owns a bargaining chip to be compensated for the loss of those rights to the Big 10.

If it is an SEC, GOR isn't in play.

IF the Big 10 does want to go to 16 and IF the Big 10 will re-sign with ESPN they have a big pool to choose from. If they aren't re-signing with ESPN getting to 16 could be hard.

My totally BS guess is that if Delany could make his preferred pick, it would be North Carolina because its a foray into the south and its his alma mater and his second pick would be Mizzou giving the Big 10 the quad-fecta of raiding Big East, ACC, Big XII and SEC. That doesn't mean either school would be interested.
07-31-2013 10:11 PM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
(07-31-2013 09:34 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  Why would UConn want to join the B1G? Aren't they getting a sweetheart deal to be independent? What happened to that?

Last week's news went out with the trash.

03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2013 10:29 PM by Kittonhead.)
07-31-2013 10:29 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(07-31-2013 09:31 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Louisville has already signed the ACC GOR. It was signed in early April. Louisville isn't going anywhere. Neither is anyone else in The ACC.

If The Big Ten wants to expand better look to Cincinnati, UConn, BYU or an SEC school.
CJ

I heard from a friend in WV that the ACC's GOR never got completed...in fact the ACC is about to get raided. UNC is going to the SEC now or is it the B1G? Anyways something will happen in realignment to prove Olive Luck a genius according to my Dude...oh and Cuse, Pitt and UL will be in the AAC/CUSA superconference.
07-31-2013 10:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(07-31-2013 05:34 PM)FromTheInside Wrote:  Lets talk:

4) the ACC has a GOR in principle but has yet to announce a signed one. The ACC is in the process of trying to buy back inventory to create a network with ESPN. Lville does not actually join he ACC until July 1st 2014 and on that date a GOR potentially could be signed for all involved.
5) the PAC has a GOR and is a ally of the B1G. It's also geographically pretty. Colorado leaving is extremely far fetched.
6) UConn is for the taking but it not AAU. They have invested heavily recently to push for AAU status. They have upgraded hockey and talked about lax as well. They have pillars in place or expansion of the Rent.
7) Buffalo is in the process of rebranding. They potentially bring NY in the sense of becoming the flagship to a huge SUNY system. They are AAU and fit geographically but are a big leap currently on the playing field/court.

Kansas-Oklahoma-Texas
Mizzu
Vandy
Connecticut
New York State

When the B1G rebranded with the logo we all thought the G was a 6 right? The 2 decade old idea of a 4x16. Remember that? But what we are not accounting for is technology since then and the rise of tv money. The model and ideas still fit, just bigger numbers get bigger money, exposure, land and most importantly power.

What makes you think that G is not a 8 or a 0. Look at it. Those 2 are just as long as a stretch as a 6.

You know what would look really good with Michigan, Ohio, Penn, Md and NJ? NY, VA and CT. You know what Texas really wants? To counter A&M and to have its big public traditional buddies as its foes.

Think about it.

If NW does not break to d4 with them or UVA joins UNC, NCST and VT going to the SEC then enter NY.

Dan I thought you had all the facts?
07-31-2013 10:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
(07-31-2013 08:35 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  I'd love for that just to watch the epic **** storm that would engulf Austin and OKC when OSU, Tech, Baylor and TCU found out they are about to be abandoned to a league that will be CUSA west 2.0

There is a good chance that with the right additions a B12 without UT and OU could remain a contract league.

Pair Iowa St, K-State, OSU, Tech, Baylor and TCU with Houston, Memphis, Tulane and Cincinnati. They could probably hold down a contract spot with the Cotton Bowl vs. at-large and be worth 12-15 million per year in TV $$$.

Then maybe the AAC and CUSA can realign somewhat with programs like ODU and Marshall joining the AAC while CUSA goes after Ark St and ULL.
07-31-2013 10:43 PM
FromTheInside Offline
Banned

I Root For: TV Contracts
(07-31-2013 10:39 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

Kansas-Oklahoma-Texas
Mizzu
Vandy
Connecticut
New York State

Think about it.

I used to. Then I was stripped of my dignity and became a insider. This is my new life, informing all the fans on this board who are fans of dreg programs about what's really going on inside a guys head out in his poop shack in the woods of West Virginia. I'm like batman but instead of a shines costume and all that cool sh!t I got a colors light a pitch fork and a early 90s ford truck I drive only around the woods. I like to smoke rocks.
07-31-2013 10:48 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

(07-31-2013 10:48 PM)FromTheInside Wrote:  
(07-31-2013 10:39 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

Kansas-Oklahoma-Texas
Mizzu
Vandy
Connecticut
New York State

Think about it.

I used to. Then I was stripped of my dignity and became a insider. This is my new life, informing all the fans on this board who are fans of dreg programs about what's really going on inside a guys head out in his poop shack in the woods of West Virginia. I'm like batman but instead of a shines costume and all that cool sh!t I got a colors light a pitch fork and a early 90s ford truck I drive only around the woods. I like to smoke rocks.

+1 03-lmfao
07-31-2013 11:26 PM
allthatyoucantleavebehind Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Penn State
My opinion is that ESPN will NOT get the Big Ten's first tier rights in the next deal. I think it profits the Big Ten to stay "friendly" with ESPN...so I think they'll give them Tier 2, which--with the additions of RU/UMD--will still be some significant games. Tier 3, of course, still belongs to the expanding BTN.

I see this whole conference expansion timeline as a game of cat-and-mouse between Delany and Disney.

ESPN lowballs Big Ten.
Big Ten starts BTN which fairly quickly proves to be a profitable enterprise.
ESPN goes all-in with the SEC, the clear-cut "other" big money college conference.
Big Ten announces desire to expand--rumors of Texas expansion float around.
ESPN gives Texas its own huge TV network--unprecedented and unpalatable with the Big Ten's model.
Texas's deal hurts Big 12. Pac-12, SEC, and Big Ten all steal Big 12 teams.
Big 12 signs GOR to protect the conference (which is in Texas's personal interest)
Big Ten interest shifts to ACC. Snags financially-struggling UMD.
ACC--a mostly ESPN property--is promised more money, cable station by ESPN.
ACC signs GOR.

If the Big Ten is going to break a GOR, it will be in the Big 12, a conference that is less valuable to ESPN. The SEC teams are theoretically available (Vandy, Mizzou)...UConn is available...and then--to a lesser extent--Big 12 teams are available. That's it. ESPN has counteracted each time. What move is next?
08-01-2013 03:26 AM
Rich52c Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Uconn
(08-01-2013 03:26 AM)allthatyoucantleavebehind Wrote:  My opinion is that ESPN will NOT get the Big Ten's first tier rights in the next deal. I think it profits the Big Ten to stay "friendly" with ESPN...so I think they'll give them Tier 2, which--with the additions of RU/UMD--will still be some significant games. Tier 3, of course, still belongs to the expanding BTN.

I see this whole conference expansion timeline as a game of cat-and-mouse between Delany and Disney.

ESPN lowballs Big Ten.
Big Ten starts BTN which fairly quickly proves to be a profitable enterprise.
ESPN goes all-in with the SEC, the clear-cut "other" big money college conference.
Big Ten announces desire to expand--rumors of Texas expansion float around.
ESPN gives Texas its own huge TV network--unprecedented and unpalatable with the Big Ten's model.
Texas's deal hurts Big 12. Pac-12, SEC, and Big Ten all steal Big 12 teams.
Big 12 signs GOR to protect the conference (which is in Texas's personal interest)
Big Ten interest shifts to ACC. Snags financially-struggling UMD.
ACC--a mostly ESPN property--is promised more money, cable station by ESPN.
ACC signs GOR.

If the Big Ten is going to break a GOR, it will be in the Big 12, a conference that is less valuable to ESPN. The SEC teams are theoretically available (Vandy, Mizzou)...UConn is available...and then--to a lesser extent--Big 12 teams are available. That's it. ESPN has counteracted each time. What move is next?

Other than Texas the B10 choices from the B12 are Kansas and Iowa St.
Certainly the successful bb program maybe of interest to the B10.However is Iowa st of interest to the B10?I doubt it.
08-01-2013 03:38 AM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
I am curious what the OP thinks that joining the B1G would do for Vandy. They already are one recognized best schools in the country. Plus they have coming up on a century of history with the SEC. Vandy counts on their SEC foes to fill their stadium on game day. When UT or AL is the opponent you'd think it was a home game for them with all the fans they bring. GA and SC bring a ton too. Is Nebraska going to bring 10,000 + to Nashville every other year? Iowa, Wisconsin? Nope. Is the B1G going to generate a ton more money than the SEC in TV revenues? I seriously doubt it. Right now Vandy fans are 3 hours from AL, UT, and KY. 4-5 hrs from Missou,Ole Miss, and MS St. and GA, SC, Auburn are 6-7 hours. You can bus your non revenue sports to those schools. The B1G would require a lot of flying. You can count me among the folks who think you'll see the Ice Capades in Hell before you see Vandy leave the SEC.
08-01-2013 06:36 AM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(07-31-2013 08:52 PM)jml2010 Wrote:  

Texas Tech and Oklahoma St will not be left behind.05-mafia

Once the PAC expands with the Texoma 4, I would love to see Baylor and TCU get a SEC invite. It would be epic to see Baylor and A&M in the same conference again.
Ok, who takes them? 03-lmfao
08-01-2013 06:52 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(07-31-2013 09:31 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Louisville has already signed the ACC GOR. It was signed in early April. Louisville isn't going anywhere. Neither is anyone else in The ACC.

CJ

Spot on!
08-01-2013 06:53 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(07-31-2013 10:38 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

CJ

I heard from a friend in WV that the ACC's GOR never got completed...in fact the ACC is about to get raided. UNC is going to the SEC now or is it the B1G? Anyways something will happen in realignment to prove Olive Luck a genius according to my Dude...oh and Cuse, Pitt and UL will be in the AAC/CUSA superconference.

You heard wrong Tex! 07-coffee3
08-01-2013 06:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.