Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Have you noticed everyone that posts here seems edgy?
Bookmark and Share
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

I Root For: UALR
Does not matter if are on the keep the coach or get a new one bandwagon seems like everyone is edgy as hell.

Posts are down. Now, it is summer.

Not that family feel the board used have.
07-30-2013 06:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
RE: Have you noticed everyone that posts here seems edgy?
Just old age in my case.

But I think you are right. I think the pressure on the program is carrying over to the fan base. And that is not necessarily a bad thing.
07-30-2013 07:22 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

To be honest, there isn't much to talk about right now. Very little news this Summer. I know I'm looking forward to the season as usual. Disappointed in Gillon's transfer, but those things happen. Kids change colleges all the time for all sorts of reasons. Not just athletes. Sometimes a particular college is just not a good fit for a young person. Looking forward to seeing our new players as well as how our returning players have hopefully improved. And with new schools in the conference, that will create some interest. Be glad when they're all competing, which if I recall, will be next year?
Pappy can probably clue us in on that. Still good to hear from all you guys and gals on the board. Gives me a sense of continuity. Hope you're all having a nice Summer and look forward to seeing you all this season.
07-30-2013 08:37 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(07-30-2013 06:45 AM)insideualr Wrote:  Does not matter if are on the keep the coach or get a new one bandwagon seems like everyone is edgy as hell.

Posts are down. Now, it is summer.
Not that family feel the board used have.

Can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I suspect some of it is the lack of success of the program for over 20 years. Up until about four or five years ago I feel that I was as good a fan as any we had. I never missed a home game(except a South Alabama game that was snowed or iced out on a Saturday, and played Sunday afternoon, and most fans didn't even know about it until the paper came out the next day)for almost twenty-five years or so. I usually went to four or five on the road. I went to most of the Sun Belt tournaments for years. Doesn't really bother me to miss a game now, rarely go to any out of town game, and sometimes won't even go to Jonesboro.

To be frank, I've just about lost all interest in this program, and it's the fault of the administration for sitting on their asses and not trying to improve the program. If I buy tickets this year, this will probably be the last one for me. You can just push me so far.

If you're really interested in improving your program, and getting better, you don't keep a coach around for eleven years who's had no more success than Shields has had. For years it hurt me like hell when we lost a game, and sometimes I was actually sick, especially when it was Arkansas State. Now, it doesn't really bother me when we lose. I usually halfway expect it now.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2013 03:18 PM by LRTrojan.)
07-30-2013 03:13 PM
RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
I love my job!!!
Retired and watching UALR Men's & Women's Basketball at home and on the road, Watching UALR Volleyball at home and on the road, and watching UALR Baseball at home (not yet on the road). Watching Men's and Women's Basketball Camps and Volleyball Camps. I buy Season Tickets for all three sports and recently bought me a car that is Maroon with silver trim and black carpets. (Trojan Colors) Guess I should be buried in a Trojan Casket?
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2013 04:30 PM by RBL.)
07-30-2013 04:25 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

Actually, I am relaxed, looking forward to the season. I think we need to put some pressure on the staff, though. (Not that we are able to do that.)
07-30-2013 04:26 PM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I believe that Coaches put pressure on themselves. They know they have to win, at least at an acceptable level, to keep their jobs. Our coaches have certainly won at a decent level. If you finish ahead of all but two or three of the teams in the league each season, you're doing pretty well. I know some are disappointed that we haven't won the championship and represented the league as league champion in a lot of years. We did win the tournament on a miracle finish that wouldn't happen more than once in a hundred years. I do think we have a chance to be good this year, but how we stack up with the other teams remains to be seen. I share some of RBL's thoughts, although I am nowhere near the great fan he is. But I do really enjoy the basketball games and look forward to the season each year. Go Trojans.
07-30-2013 05:32 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-30-2013 04:25 PM)RBL Wrote:  I love my job!!!
Retired and watching UALR Men's & Women's Basketball at home and on the road, Watching UALR Volleyball at home and on the road, and watching UALR Baseball at home (not yet on the road). Watching Men's and Women's Basketball Camps and Volleyball Camps. I buy Season Tickets for all three sports and recently bought me a car that is Maroon with silver trim and black carpets. (Trojan Colors) Guess I should be buried in a Trojan Casket?

I have a silver car and my wife has a maroon car. Our interior colors in our house are maroon and silver (actually gray). We might have you beat on that count. On the other hand, you have us hands down with regard to road trips. We are generally limited to weekends so Tulsa and ASU are good possibilities. Have to see when we play ULM, UTA, MTSU and maybe a couple of other "close" games.
07-30-2013 07:22 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

(07-30-2013 05:32 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  I believe that Coaches put pressure on themselves.

This bunch certainly needs to be. I don't expect Shields to scrap his system. But he does need to fine-tune it and fix what has not worked.
07-30-2013 07:47 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
Yes! Sheesh! I barely recognize the joint. You guys seem to be really down! This is the part of the year where anything is possible and the sky is the limit!
07-30-2013 09:54 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

If we stay healthy we will be in the hunt.
07-30-2013 09:58 PM
Advertisement

Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

I Root For: LR,Tulsa
I have too much going on. I changed jobs and am trying to get my house fixed up. I look at this board about once a week anymore and rarely say anything. I have never felt this disengaged from the program since I became a fan.
08-02-2013 10:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ynocpirt Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(08-02-2013 10:10 PM)Robert C Wrote:  I have too much going on. I changed jobs and am trying to get my house fixed up. I look at this board about once a week anymore and rarely say anything. I have never felt this disengaged from the program since I became a fan.

Sad.
08-02-2013 11:01 PM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

(07-30-2013 09:54 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  Yes! Sheesh! I barely recognize the joint. You guys seem to be really down! This is the part of the year where anything is possible and the sky is the limit!

You are right. This is the home of a solid set of mid major fans that dont hate on the other programs and we are excited to see us or them succeed.

This is a make or break year for the program and i do feel we have the players to win in a league that is still in the bottom 8.

It is all on steve at this point.

My fear is if steve cant get it done, we will be stuck with steve.

That part is bad because the stars are aligned for him this year.

His biggest supporters say maybe 4th place.

And that, that right there is why we seem sad.
Because both the for steve camp and change camp know that this maybe all we can hope for with no end in site.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 09:05 AM by insideualr.)
08-03-2013 09:05 AM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

We have lost the weekly posts from lralum, peter, jim, scott, bob, robert and even me.

If doc j and pappy were not here the board would dry up and blow away.

I have long term friendships with everyone here and i think a lot of everyone that post on our little board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
08-03-2013 09:10 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

It's difficult to post when there is either nothing going on or no information. It would be a grand gesture if Steve or Chris would invite the few fans we have to come out and watch practices. For better or worse, we used to have some connection to the players and that made for more interest. But we may as well be rooting for Duke or North Carolina for all the connection we are allowed with the program. I wouldn't know most of the players if they walked right by me. That was one of the things that made our program special. This withdrawal from the program seemed to be around the time Steve blocked us from attending practices. I think that was the worst public relations move in the history of our program. That took away what made our program somewhat special. I hope someone in the Athletic Department reads this post and gives it some thought. That action totally destroyed the family feeling that we once had about our program. I enjoyed watching the practices and give the board posters who were either out of town or unable to attend practices a glimpse of what was going on. I never reported anything that would have reflected negatively on the program and if I inadvertently did something that I was not aware that could be construed as a no no, so be it. Like many of us, I don't have the same feeling for the program I once had. Yes I buy tickets and attend games, but it hasn't been the same the past couple of years and might never be the same. So now I post and read the board more out of habit than anything else. I have made some good friends on the board and want to stay in contact with you guys, but I've become somewhat ambivilent about our program, and from your posts, I believe many of you have also. Shame.
08-03-2013 09:36 AM
Advertisement

insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

Doc, you are right.

We have not added an active poster in 5 years or more either. That says a lot.

If the fan base was growing we would see one new poster a year that gave a **** about the program.

08-03-2013 09:48 AM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(08-03-2013 09:48 AM)insideualr Wrote:  Doc, you are right.

We have not added an active poster in 5 years or more either. That says a lot.

If the fan base was growing we would see one new poster a year that gave a **** about the program.

If something pretty exciting doesn't happen this year, and we go forward from that with the same old same old, I fear that the current administration will be pretty close to doing the program in.
08-03-2013 10:15 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

Although a few of you follow the baseball team, the majority of our fans are probably basketball only. Unlike the Razorbacks who have either football or basketball, along with some baseball, being reported all year long, they have something to keep fan interest going, but when our basketball season is over, and nothing is coming out of the Athletic Department about what's going on, it makes it difficult to keep up fan interest during the off season. I don't really know why the University doesn't promote the program like it should be promoted in order to grow the program, but let's be honest. It just hasn't got the job done. The attendance proves it. As LRTrojan has said, it's pitiful that an area population of around 700,000 people, can't fill a 5600 seat basketball arena on a regular basis. MJS attributes it to a bad sports town. I can't buy that. With the right performance on the court, the right promotions and pricing, there's no reason why we couldn't make Stephens Arena the place to be when the Trojans are playing. It's a mindset. Everyone in this area didn't grow up here a Razorback fan. Many came from other areas of the country and would enjoy becoming Trojan fans if given half a chance. It's the old definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Sermon over!
08-03-2013 10:22 AM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

This is my last hear to buy tickets unless we prove we can produce or we dont make a change to produce.

I love steve. He is a great guy and he has had a number of years to get it done.

If we go about .500 and lose in the 1st round, i will be through unless there is some change.

Marketing the product has been a failure over the last 10 years and we have some new blood on the staff.

Jp did a great job and his loss will be felt but the marketing was always weak whether that was the marketing people or chris micro managing i dont know but there has to be improvement there.

08-03-2013 10:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.