Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Finals Shots At The NCAA Selection Committee
Bookmark and Share
bcatwilly Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Finals Shots At The NCAA Selection Committee
From Andy Katz ESPN insider today, man these guys sure took some liberty this year. I just don't know how you watch the Bearcats down the stretch "subjectively" as this states and NOT put them in the tourney.

Quote:NCAA Tournament selection committee chair Craig Littlepage of Virginia said he went to more games this season than ever before and said the rest of the committee watched more games in person than he can remember. Meanwhile, NCAA vice president Greg Shaheen said there was less talk in the selection process about numbers and more about the teams and how they play than he has seen in observing the committee work. So, that means there was much more of a subjective quotient in this selection process.

03-28-2006 01:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GameTime_21 Offline
Doing My Thing Covering The Cats

I Root For: UC

Littlepackage went to the GTown/UC game. That was his take on our team it seems...

03-28-2006 01:16 PM
MarchMadnessFan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

"LITTLEPACKAGE" That's the funniest s hit I've heard in a long time....well,at least since he said that Air Force was "tough to beat".

F THE COMMITEE!! F 'EM ALL!!!!

03-28-2006 01:23 PM
MarchMadnessFan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Oh yeah,Littlepackage and the rest of those hacks will forever be creaming their pants since George Mason was an at large team.They feel as long as they got that one right that's all that matters!

03-28-2006 01:24 PM
Advertisement

bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

George Mason just validated the committee's choices. Hope they do not rely on it for future tournys.

03-28-2006 02:11 PM
Sully Offline
1st String

I Root For:

bearcatmill Wrote:George Mason just validated the committee's choices. Hope they do not rely on it for future tournys.
'

One decent choice doesn't make up for 10 bad choices.

03-28-2006 02:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bcatwilly Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Sully Wrote:
bearcatmill Wrote:George Mason just validated the committee's choices. Hope they do not rely on it for future tournys.
'

One decent choice doesn't make up for 10 bad choices.

Agree totally, plus does anyone here believe that the committee would look past the fact that one of the key Bearcat starters would be missing the first tourney game due to an incident where they punched someone in the nads during a game? Yeah right.

03-28-2006 02:16 PM
Advertisement

bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I agree. However, they are so illogical they will use this one positive to counteract the 10 negatives. Gotta love the NCAA.

03-28-2006 02:21 PM
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats

How can anyone base their decision on one game they saw in person. That is the most assinine thing I've ever heard.

We all know teams can play out of their mind one game and beat a top team, or, like total crap another game and lose to a bad team. But how they do over the course of the entire season is how to measure them.

03-28-2006 02:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

The thing that really sucks is the BE's 11-8 record, while not horrible is not as impressive as most thought it would be and so any future chance of 8+ bids is prob. going to be shot down......combine this with a few midmajors making some noise and those guys come out feeling like they were justified in their decision making.....it just sucks.

03-28-2006 02:40 PM
Advertisement

tmac_wildcat Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Bearcats#1 Wrote:The thing that really sucks is the BE's 11-8 record, while not horrible is not as impressive as most thought it would be and so any future chance of 8+ bids is prob. going to be shot down......combine this with a few midmajors making some noise and those guys come out feeling like they were justified in their decision making.....it just sucks.

I don't think just cause BE went 11-8 that they would shoot down the possibility of allowing 8 teams in again. The big 10 got 6 or 7 in and they were done in the first 2 rounds. I think the BE will get at least 7-8 teams in every year, and if they don't then the commitee will get yelled at like they did this year. There are just too many high caliber BE teams not to allow at least 7 each year. There are just too many high profile teams that even if one team that usually does well has an off year, some of those lower level teams such as Depaul, Seton Hall, and Providence will have good years to pick up the slack.

03-28-2006 02:49 PM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Yeah, the Big 11 got over half their league in and were two and done.

03-28-2006 03:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

The Big Ten fared well. 01-wingedeagle

Am I the only one that in retrospect is glad we didn't get in? White and Jihad being academically ineligible would have been another huge embarrassment nationally and given more fuel to the grad rates thing had we gotten in the REAL TOURNAMENT. I'm glad we were in the NIT. We went quietly with hardly any national talk about James and Jihad.

Having said that.......had they not screwed up their grades............there is no reason to think UC couldn't have been another George Mason and surprised alot of people. Some of it is dumb luck. I know GM has beaten alot of quality teams and I think they are a quality team. But as Billy Donovan said, if you started the tournament over today, you'd probably end up with 4 different teams right now.

03-28-2006 03:18 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:

George Mason's Athletic Director was on the freakin commitee! They lost 2 of their last 4 games...They were close and may have deserved to be in but not over UC!!!!but its odd the 1st time ever the COLONIAL GETS TWO TEAMS IN ITS WHEN HE SITS IN ON IT. Hofstra was equally as good and showed well in the NIT. I was talking to a bunch of UNC Wilmington players and they said they were even having trouble rooting for these thugs. They said Skin and company acted the same way to them as they did when they punched Lenny Stokes little brother in the nuts knocking him out of the game etc. They said they are nothing but trouble! This came not even prompted! I realize they have just played great ball but the tourney is skewed! UC got the shaft and its teams like Air Force, Alabama, and this team that are questionable...Either way Liitlepage better have done his last job on someone. The best 34 teams were not in the tourney!

03-28-2006 04:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.