Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Summer Recruiting Thread - Big East.
Bookmark and Share
billyjack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Providence
Summer Recruiting Thread - Big East.
Figured we could get a recruiting thread going...!

Marquette just got a verbal from 4-star SG Sandy Cohen, Classof 2014.

Providence currently going hard after Fairfield (Conn.) Prep 4-star center Pascal Chukwu. UConn is also after him, among other schools. Chukwu is 7'-1" and has a ton of talent.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 11:30 AM by billyjack.)
07-27-2013 04:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

billyjack Offline
1st String

RE: General Recruiting Thread - Big East.
Other 4-star New Englanders that Ed Cooley is going after are SG Jared Terrell and SF Abdul-Malik Abu. They've discussed going as a package to college. There are six schools- that are on the final 10 list for each ---> Providence, UConn, St John's, UCLA, Florida, and Miami (Fla). If either PC or the Johnnies land these two, it'll be awesome for the conference.
07-27-2013 04:47 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
(07-27-2013 04:47 PM)billyjack Wrote:  Other 4-star New Englanders that Ed Cooley is going after are SG Jared Terrell and SF Abdul-Malik Abu. They've discussed going as a package to college. There are six schools- that are on the final 10 list for each ---> Providence, UConn, St John's, UCLA, Florida, and Miami (Fla). If either PC or the Johnnies land these two, it'll be awesome for the conference.

it should be clear to everyone that PC is the best option of that group? no? 04-cheers
07-27-2013 09:27 PM
BigmanU Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Georgetown
How is Creighton fairing on the recruiting trail???

Greg is a Senior and new blood will be needed to stay competitive. Any top prospects interested or on final list???
07-29-2013 08:45 AM
billyjack Offline
1st String

Just read on PC site that top 100, 4-star PG Kaleb Joseph has narrowed his list to 3 schools ---> Syracuse, Providence and West Virginia. 6'-2", 170 lbs, from Massachusetts. I would imagine that Syracuse has the inside track, but wow, this would be another huge "get" for Ed Cooley and the Friars.
07-29-2013 09:34 AM
aughnanure Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Marquette
(07-29-2013 08:45 AM)BigmanU Wrote:  How is Creighton fairing on the recruiting trail???

Greg is a Senior and new blood will be needed to stay competitive. Any top prospects interested or on final list???

Creighton is going to have the hardest jump talent-wise and I'm skeptical if McDermott can make it work in a non mid-major league. McDermott is no Dana Altman.

Xavier already has been recruiting Big East-level players for years now. I think we're going to see a top tier of Marquette, GTown, Nova, Xavier, and SJU emerge with Providence and Creighton fighting to get into the top 3-4 every other year.
07-29-2013 02:17 PM
Advertisement

billyjack Offline
1st String

(07-29-2013 02:17 PM)aughnanure Wrote:  
(07-29-2013 08:45 AM)BigmanU Wrote:  How is Creighton fairing on the recruiting trail???

Creighton is going to have the hardest jump talent-wise and I'm skeptical if McDermott can make it work in a non mid-major league. McDermott is no Dana Altman.

Xavier already has been recruiting Big East-level players for years now. I think we're going to see a top tier of Marquette, GTown, Nova, Xavier, and SJU emerge with Providence and Creighton fighting to get into the top 3-4 every other year.

Sounds like perennial 6 to 7 bid conference to me!
07-29-2013 06:36 PM
aughnanure Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Marquette
(07-29-2013 06:36 PM)billyjack Wrote:  
(07-29-2013 02:17 PM)aughnanure Wrote:  

Sounds like perennial 6 to 7 bid conference to me!

Would be ideal, but doubt it. At least one of those top 5 will have a down year every year.

4-6 should be the average.
07-30-2013 11:00 AM
billyjack Offline
1st String

Villanova just got a commitment from Phil Booth, #63 ranked on Scout, a 4-star SG from Baltimore, 6'-4", 180 lbs. Another 4-star for Villanova in 2014, along with 6'-6" SF Mikal Bridges.

Great news for the Big East, as he's the 8th Top-100 prospect who has committed to the Big East for 2014 (out of only around 42 players so far). Of the 42 commits (Scout) for 2014, 8 are Big East, 8 are ACC, 7 are Big Ten, 6 are SEC, 5 are PAC-12, 4 are AAC, and 1 each for the WCC, Mountain West, and MAC. No Big 12 commits yet.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2013 03:14 PM by billyjack.)
07-30-2013 02:31 PM
BigmanU Offline
Bench Warmer

(07-30-2013 02:31 PM)billyjack Wrote:  Villanova just got a commitment from Phil Booth, #63 ranked on Scout, a 4-star SG from Baltimore, 6'-4", 180 lbs. Another 4-star for Villanova in 2014, along with 6'-6" SF Mikal Bridges.

Great news for the Big East, as he's the 8th Top-100 prospect who has committed to the Big East for 2014 (out of only around 42 players so far). Of the 42 commits (Scout) for 2014, 8 are Big East, 8 are ACC, 7 are Big Ten, 6 are SEC, 5 are PAC-12, 4 are AAC, and 1 each for the WCC, Mountain West, and MAC. No Big 12 commits yet.

The BEAST is putting in work. Looks like all teams except Butler & Creighton have a top 100 player in either 13 or 14 class.

Marquette
Georgetown
Providence
Xavier
Nova
& St. John's scooping a top 20 (13') really stand out

Great to see. This league will only be as good as our incoming recruits.
07-30-2013 03:25 PM
Jet915 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Creighton/Navy
(07-30-2013 03:25 PM)BigmanU Wrote:  
(07-30-2013 02:31 PM)billyjack Wrote:  Villanova just got a commitment from Phil Booth, #63 ranked on Scout, a 4-star SG from Baltimore, 6'-4", 180 lbs. Another 4-star for Villanova in 2014, along with 6'-6" SF Mikal Bridges.

The BEAST is putting in work. Looks like all teams except Butler & Creighton have a top 100 player in either 13 or 14 class.

Marquette
Georgetown
Providence
Xavier
Nova
& St. John's scooping a top 20 (13') really stand out

Great to see. This league will only be as good as our incoming recruits.

Sorry guys, we are trying!
07-30-2013 03:59 PM
Advertisement

billyjack Offline
1st String

Quentin Snider de-committed from Louisville today. He's #29 in the Scout rankings. PG who is actually from Louisville. He had committed a couple of years ago, so no other school of interest is shown on his Scout page. I imagine he'll get a lo t of attention right away.
07-31-2013 10:38 PM
billyjack Offline
1st String

Tonight, two top prospects from New England pared their lists down to 4 schools each.

Jared Terrell named Oklahoma State, Cincinnati, Rhode Island and Providence.
Abdul Malik-Abu named Florida, NC State, Connecticut and Providence.
Both will be visiting PC this weekend. Also, this weekend on campus a charity basketball game will feature a team coached by Ed Cooley against one coached by Magic Johnson.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/jared-terre...ore-100620

An interesting side note is that they are great friends, and have at times mentioned going to college together, and there is only one school on both their lists...!

Also, we Friar fans are hyper-ventilating because another additional 2 top prospects have PC in mind too... Kaleb Joseph cut his list to Syracuse, West Virginia and Providence. And Pascal Chukwu hasn't provided a list, but is favored by 247sports to go to the Friars.

Along with our new recruit Jalen Lindsey, a top 50 player who already committed to us, any of these players would be amazing for us and Ed Cooley.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 05:49 AM by billyjack.)
08-07-2013 10:49 PM
BigmanU Offline
Bench Warmer

Angel Delgado signs with Seton Hall!

Big East still picking fruit
08-16-2013 07:26 PM
Jet915 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Creighton/Navy
Holy crap, even Seton Hall is getting Top 100 talent?!?!? Damn, this 2014 Big East recruiting class is looking good. Creighton hosting official visits from Riley LaChance and JP Macura this weekend, both top 150 recruits and Leon Gilmore III next weekend, a top 100 recruit. Hopefully we can join the party.
08-16-2013 08:25 PM
BigmanU Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: July Recruiting Thread - Big East.
Why are their different recruiting threads for each month. I understand each year, but each month03-banghead

Can these be merged? Not enough recruiting news to separate it monthly.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 09:36 AM by BigmanU.)
08-19-2013 09:07 AM
Advertisement

Melky Cabrera Offline
Bill Bradley

I Root For: UConn
(08-07-2013 10:49 PM)billyjack Wrote:  Tonight, two top prospects from New England pared their lists down to 4 schools each.

Jared Terrell named Oklahoma State, Cincinnati, Rhode Island and Providence.
Abdul Malik-Abu named Florida, NC State, Connecticut and Providence.
Both will be visiting PC this weekend. Also, this weekend on campus a charity basketball game will feature a team coached by Ed Cooley against one coached by Magic Johnson.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/jared-terre...ore-100620

An interesting side note is that they are great friends, and have at times mentioned going to college together, and there is only one school on both their lists...!

Also, we Friar fans are hyper-ventilating because another additional 2 top prospects have PC in mind too... Kaleb Joseph cut his list to Syracuse, West Virginia and Providence. And Pascal Chukwu hasn't provided a list, but is favored by 247sports to go to the Friars.

Along with our new recruit Jalen Lindsey, a top 50 player who already committed to us, any of these players would be amazing for us and Ed Cooley.

Best of luck! I'd love to see Providence back on top. 04-cheers

From Billy Donovan's Final 4 to the Big East championship in '94 to the Shamgod/Croshere Elite 8 to Ryan Gomes & the eventual heart break in '04, it was a great run. Here's hoping that Cooley and the Friars can put together another one. All signs point to it.
08-19-2013 09:32 AM
billyjack Offline
1st String

(08-19-2013 09:07 AM)BigmanU Wrote:  Why are their different recruiting threads for each month. I understand each year, but each month03-banghead

Can these be merged? Not enough recruiting news to separate it monthly.

Ok, will do...

#61 on Scout PF Angel Delgado commits to Seton Hall.
#67 on Scout PG Kaleb Joseph to Syracuse (had narrowed to SU, PC and WVa).
08-19-2013 11:29 AM
billyjack Offline
1st String

RE: Summer Recruiting Thread - Big East.
Some recent scouting news around the Big East:

Aug 19:
Paul White, PF, from Chicago,
2014 Scout #48, 6'-8", 210 lbs, 4-star, cut list to 5...
- Arizona, Georgetown, UConn, Minnesota, DePaul.

Aug 18:
Ben Bentil, PF from Delaware,
2014 Scout #50, 6'-8", 215 lbs, 4-star, list includes...
- Georgetown, Miami (Fla), Providence, Temple, Xavier, St Joe's and Rutgers.

Aug 19:
Terry Larrier, PF, from the Bronx,
2014 Scout #59, 6'-7", 185 lbs, 4-star, cut list to 6...
- UConn, Florida, Florida State, Miami (Fla), Seton Hall and VCU.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 04:30 PM by billyjack.)
08-19-2013 03:42 PM
BigmanU Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: Summer Recruiting Thread - Big East.
Paschal Chukwu will be announcing soon. Down to Providence & St. Joe's.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/chukwu-down...e-st-joes/
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2013 02:35 PM by BigmanU.)
08-28-2013 02:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.