Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC breaking out the white helmets for Purdue?
Bookmark and Share
pat5775 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
UC breaking out the white helmets for Purdue?
According to this guy, the Storm Trooper look may be making a return for the first time since the 2010 Sugar Bowl.

http://bearcatsnation.com/2013/07/23/bea...st-purdue/

Andrew Gantz' Instagram photo: http://instagram.com/p/cG-bv3AUvk/#

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2013 09:24 AM by pat5775.)
07-23-2013 09:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: UC breaking out the white helmets for Purdue?
I hope not, but I honestly don't care too much as long as UC wins.

07-23-2013 09:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
It is a "White Out" game. I believe the thinking the white look will look good and be much cooler than all blacks on a hot day in late August.

07-23-2013 09:32 AM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-23-2013 09:32 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  It is a "White Out" game. I believe the thinking the white look will look good and be much cooler than all blacks on a hot day in late August.

That I can understand.

07-23-2013 09:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
indycat Offline
1st String

Given our recent temperatures and humidity in Cincy, I had actually wondered if UC might consider the white unis. If so, it's a good strategy. Fatigue and cramping could impact the second half of that game against an opponent with pretty big players on both O and D lines. UC should grab every advantage possible to win what will likely be the last game against a B10 opponent in Nippert for a very long time.

07-23-2013 09:37 AM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

(07-23-2013 09:37 AM)indycat Wrote:  Given our recent temperatures and humidity in Cincy, I had actually wondered if UC might consider the white unis. If so, it's a good strategy. Fatigue and cramping could impact the second half of that game against an opponent with pretty big players on both O and D lines. UC should grab every advantage possible to win what will likely be the last game against a B10 opponent in Nippert for a very long time.

Really, really good point. That advantage is amplified by making Purdue wear their "home" black colors if UC goes white.

07-23-2013 09:44 AM
Advertisement

pat5775 Offline
1st String

I'm all for it since it's a noon kickoff, it ain't going to be comfortable humidity-wise. I'm not a huge fan of the white helmets, simply because the memory of that Sugar Bowl. They look nice... just a memory I'm desperately trying to repress.

07-23-2013 10:01 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
As a fan I would rather have a white out in August than a one later in the season when the weather gets nasty. Yes, the white helmets bring back some bad memories of the Sugar Bowl.

07-23-2013 10:08 AM
eroc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
Hopefully we pound out Purdue and establish a new fonder memory associated with the White Helmets.

07-23-2013 10:19 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(07-23-2013 10:19 AM)eroc Wrote:  Hopefully we pound out Purdue and establish a new fonder memory associated with the White Helmets.

I am usually not one to advocate this, but with the way everything has gone down this season (conference realignment, bowl tie-ins, etc.) I hope Tuberville runs up the score against Purdue and Illinois.

07-23-2013 10:41 AM
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

(07-23-2013 09:20 AM)pat5775 Wrote:  According to this guy, the Storm Trooper look may be making a return for the first time since the 2010 Sugar Bowl.

That second link (that shows a little of the uniform) looks like it has the same adidas camo/paisley that the basketball team has on their unis. I really hope that's a practice jersey and not what they are using. I like a good, sharp, clean look for a football uni. I feel the same for basketball but I don't have a choice for that.

07-23-2013 11:43 AM
Advertisement

moosebean11 Offline
Water Engineer

(07-23-2013 11:43 AM)bearcatdp Wrote:  
(07-23-2013 09:20 AM)pat5775 Wrote:  According to this guy, the Storm Trooper look may be making a return for the first time since the 2010 Sugar Bowl.

That second link (that shows a little of the uniform) looks like it has the same adidas camo/paisley that the basketball team has on their unis. I really hope that's a practice jersey and not what they are using. I like a good, sharp, clean look for a football uni. I feel the same for basketball but I don't have a choice for that.

That actually is just a picture of the basketball jersey. The football jerseys are getting minor tweaks and are just a little bit different this year, mainly the introduction of a reflective silver.

07-23-2013 12:06 PM
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

(07-23-2013 12:06 PM)moosebean11 Wrote:  

That actually is just a picture of the basketball jersey. The football jerseys are getting minor tweaks and are just a little bit different this year, mainly the introduction of a reflective silver.

Ok. Good. Reflective silver could be interesting.

07-23-2013 12:23 PM
pat5775 Offline
1st String

(07-23-2013 12:06 PM)moosebean11 Wrote:  

Always love a good uniform tweak. Any links to sources confirming that?

07-23-2013 12:30 PM
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

I'll never forget that last game against Purdue. It was sunny and hot - upper 80's maybe? Minter wore a black windbreaker the entire game. That made me think he was weird.

07-23-2013 12:39 PM
moosebean11 Offline
Water Engineer

6:43 for Bearcats jerseys.

07-23-2013 12:53 PM
Advertisement

pat5775 Offline
1st String

(07-23-2013 12:53 PM)moosebean11 Wrote:  

6:43 for Bearcats jerseys.

Hard to tell on my phone but it looks like the numbers are now silver and the cat scratches on the black pants are red... Different but good!

07-23-2013 01:11 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(07-23-2013 12:39 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  I'll never forget that last game against Purdue. It was sunny and hot - upper 80's maybe? Minter wore a black windbreaker the entire game. That made me think he was weird.

The worst was the way UC lost. 4th and like 18. Down 5. Coming out of a timeout Minter sends 10 guys on the field. He realizes it right before we snap the ball, and sends a player on who is running towards the line of scrimmage 25 yards behind the play. UC snaps it and completes a miracle pass inside the Purdue 10... was going to be first and goal. Everyone goes crazy, and I remember just pointing out to everyone that hit was coming back for illegal forward motion. Freaking awful.

07-23-2013 05:49 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(07-23-2013 05:49 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(07-23-2013 12:39 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  I'll never forget that last game against Purdue. It was sunny and hot - upper 80's maybe? Minter wore a black windbreaker the entire game. That made me think he was weird.

The worst was the way UC lost. 4th and like 18. Down 5. Coming out of a timeout Minter sends 10 guys on the field. He realizes it right before we snap the ball, and sends a player on who is running towards the line of scrimmage 25 yards behind the play. UC snaps it and completes a miracle pass inside the Purdue 10... was going to be first and goal. Everyone goes crazy, and I remember just pointing out to everyone that hit was coming back for illegal forward motion. Freaking awful.

That penalty was on Ray Jackson.

07-23-2013 07:30 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
white, black, red, pink, green....it matters not. We are gonna roll them...Go Cats!

07-23-2013 08:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.