Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2014-14 NHL Season
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
2014-14 NHL Season
Schedules and new division names were released today.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=67823...L|NHL|home

The Atlantic Division teams are: Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, Detroit Red Wings, Florida Panthers, Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators, Tampa Bay Lightning and Toronto Maple Leafs.

The Metropolitan Division teams include the three New York-area teams, New York Rangers, New York Islanders and New Jersey Devils; along with the Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Flyers, Carolina Hurricanes and Columbus Blue Jackets.

The new Central Division in the Western Conference features Chicago Blackhawks, St. Louis Blues, Nashville Predators, Minnesota Wild, Colorado Avalanche, Dallas Stars and Winnipeg Jets, who are moving from the Eastern Conference to the Western Conference.

The new Pacific Division in the Western Conference includes Los Angeles Kings, Anaheim Ducks, Phoenix Coyotes, San Jose Sharks, Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers.
07-19-2013 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
RE: 2014-14 NHL Season
Atlantic, Metro, Central, Pacific. Metro? blerg.

There will also be 6 outdoor games this year.

2014 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic
* Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Detroit Red Wings - Michigan Stadium
Wednesday, Jan. 1, 12:30 p.m. ET -- NBC, CBC, RDS

Coors Light NHL Stadium Series
* Anaheim Ducks vs. Los Angeles Kings - Dodger Stadium
Saturday, Jan. 25, 9:30 p.m. ET -- NBC Sports Network, CBC

* New York Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils - Yankee Stadium
Sunday, Jan. 26, 12:30 p.m. ET -- NBC, CBC

* New York Rangers vs. New York Islanders - Yankee Stadium
Wednesday, Jan. 29, 7 p.m. ET -- NBC Sports Network

* Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Soldier Field
Saturday, March 1, 8 p.m. ET

2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic
* Ottawa Senators vs. Vancouver Canucks – BC Place
Sunday, March 2, 4 p.m. ET -- CBC, RDS, NBC Sports Network
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2013 01:23 PM by BeliefBlazer.)
07-19-2013 01:23 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
Would have liked the league to throw back to the Campbell and Wales conferences with the Norris, Patrick, Adams and Smythe divisions.

I know they are trying to be more accessible, but are they really picking up any new non-Canadians?

I still love hearing Berman call the NFC North the Norris division.
07-19-2013 07:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
Canes in the Metro division... lol
07-19-2013 09:13 PM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
If Carolina and Buffalo were swapped, the Metro Division could become the Northeast Division. I know Columbus, Ohio typically isn't thought of as the Northeastern United States, but it at least technically is in the northeastern quarter of the country.
07-20-2013 12:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(07-20-2013 12:10 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  If Carolina and Buffalo were swapped, the Metro Division could become the Northeast Division. I know Columbus, Ohio typically isn't thought of as the Northeastern United States, but it at least technically is in the northeastern quarter of the country.

NC is arguably a SE or ATL team based on location but we only have the Capitals in our division now. I know there are better draws in our division now but our old division felt right with all the teams from the South. Granted, the Atlanta to Winnipeg move there had to be some rearranging.
07-20-2013 01:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.