UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

football head coach watch
bladhmadh Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
football head coach watch
I have confidence that our current coach will be successful enough to be hired away after the 2014 season. Who on the current staff would make a good replacement?
07-17-2013 09:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rook360 Offline
All American

RE: football head coach watch
(07-17-2013 09:46 AM)bladhmadh Wrote:  I have confidence that our current coach will be successful enough to be hired away after the 2014 season. Who on the current staff would make a good replacement?

Uhm, can we get through the season first?
07-17-2013 09:47 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I normally watch him on the sidelines during a game.
07-17-2013 09:51 AM
blazerjay Offline

Donators
Unless he cuts down on alot of the silly coaching errors from last season (2 players with the same number on the field at the same time, etc.), he's not going anywhere anytime soon.
07-17-2013 09:55 AM
kdblazer Offline
All American

What the hell! Can we at least get through the first game before we start to talk about coaching departures?
07-17-2013 09:57 AM
Advertisement

demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(07-17-2013 09:55 AM)blazerjay Wrote:  Unless he cuts down on alot of the silly coaching errors from last season (2 players with the same number on the field at the same time, etc.), he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

[Image: boom-300.jpg]
07-17-2013 09:58 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(07-17-2013 09:55 AM)blazerjay Wrote:  Unless he cuts down on alot of the silly coaching errors from last season (2 players with the same number on the field at the same time, etc.), he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

There were several "I've never been a head coach before" moments last year, and as frustrating as they are, I can't be too mad about them.

This year we find out what he's learned.

EDIT: That's a two-way street, though. He made a couple of audacious moves in defiance of conventional wisdom that I really liked.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2013 10:02 AM by Smaug.)
07-17-2013 10:01 AM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(07-17-2013 10:01 AM)Smaug Wrote:  

There were several "I've never been a head coach before" moments last year, and as frustrating as they are, I can't be too mad about them.

This year we find out what he's learned.

EDIT: That's a two-way street, though. He made a couple of audacious moves in defiance of conventional wisdom that I really liked.

Like the entire 60 minutes of the Memphis game. I don't know what they had for breakfast or who gave the pregame speech, but whatever it was, was the antidote for good football.
07-17-2013 10:19 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I hope the Memphis game left a bad enough taste in their mouths that they come out of the tunnel in Pike County a pretty pissed off bunch of dragons.
07-17-2013 10:40 AM
Advertisement

jcduncan13 Offline
All American

I still can't get over the Memphis game. I'm glad I missed that game.
07-17-2013 01:30 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(07-17-2013 01:30 PM)jcduncan13 Wrote:  I still can't get over the Memphis game. I'm glad I missed that game.

I was there...The few people that were there that I sat around were not too pleased with what was seen. For me, it brought back memories of the "home" game UAB had with Tulane, a couple of seasons ago, in which I'd brought some guests who'd never been to a UAB game before, & unfortunately, that was their first impression.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2013 01:51 PM by Matrix.)
07-17-2013 01:50 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
So far, all Blazer fans have to go on is what appears to be better recruiting, better program management, and less team dissension in the off season. We have become therefore more optimistic about the coming season. The "proof of the pudding" will be in the final record and there is no short cut to that point. "We pays our money, and takes our chances" by showing up for as many of our home & away games as we can to cheer for our team. The rest - the results- is not under our control. As in past years, I am hoping that UAB comes through the OOC part of the schedule with no injuries that impair team quality for the conference run. This team is after all, a new combination of players who we have never seen - as a unit- before this season. We can only hope the coaching staff has the players in the best places for them to succeed and calls the offensive and defensive plays that take maximum advantages of the opponent's vulnerabilities. GO BLAZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2013 02:41 PM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
07-17-2013 02:39 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

"Good morning. Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world, and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind, that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences any more. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps it's fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist and should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice, 'We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
07-17-2013 02:47 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I believe he wears a timex.
07-17-2013 02:48 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I heard it was a process.
07-17-2013 02:54 PM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

The Memphis game was one of the worst coached games in NCAA history. With that said, I expect a better team this year. McGee isn't going to be hired away anytime soon. The go-getters seem to be Owens and Evans.......not sure either will be HC material anytime soon though.
07-17-2013 03:23 PM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

(07-17-2013 09:57 AM)kdblazer Wrote:  What the hell! Can we at least get through the first game before we start to talk about coaching departures?

Its the offseason and im talking about 2 years from now
07-17-2013 04:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.