Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The way I hear it....and I'm not kidding ~
Bookmark and Share
BigeasyReb Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

[B] :ninja: ,,,,Memphis fans are talking 12-0....and have even suggested a romp over Ole Miss. They talk like they're playing Rhodes College. This happens every time they beat us. They played a great game last year, to be sure. They were also talking Sugar Bowl....( not kidding ).
08-07-2004 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

techfan4 Offline
One of the First

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksCrappies

Welcome BigEasyReb! :wave:

Don't pay too much attention to those Tiger fans. They're optimistic now, but later is when it matters. I'm sure your Rebs wouldn't mind being the underdogs :wave:
08-07-2004 06:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OLEGRAD Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

WELCOME TO THE BOARD, EASY. MEMPHIS JR. HIGH HAS BEEN PRECICTING WINS OVER OLE MISS FOR OVER 50 YEARS. THEY WERE RIGHT A FEW TIMES, BUT NOT THIS YEAR.

---------------------------------
OLE MISS: A CUT ABOVE
08-07-2004 11:44 PM
tennis2k4 Offline
Master Mason

I Root For: memphis

now you just being the same way as us predictiong wins before the game
08-08-2004 02:41 AM
Reb32 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

tennis2k4 Wrote:now you just being the same way as us predictiong wins before the game
03-confused

Everyone should pay a visit to the Memphis site on this board. Yeah, they are predicting 13-0, the Rose Bowl, not only beating Ole Miss but running the score up on us. I think it will be a very good game. No doubt, they have a good, experienced team. I truly think it could go either way, depending on who gets the lucky breaks.
I just can't understand them running off @ the mouth the way they are. They haven't won but 9 games out of the 51 times we have played. Last year was the first bowl game that they have been to in 24 years. They really don't have much bragging rights. Go visit their board if you need a good laugh.
08-08-2004 12:29 PM
tennis2k4 Offline
Master Mason

cant you tell that i am a big fan of the tigers i vistit that board every day
08-08-2004 01:38 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

Quote:They haven't won but 9 games out of the 51 times we have played.

and that has what bearing on this years game???

Quote: I just can't understand them running off @ the mouth the way they are.

why???...we beat Ole Miss last season with Eli Manning...you lost him with many other talented players...Memphis returns all it's offensive players and DeAngelo Williams and Danny Wimprine have another year under their belts...and Joe Lee has now been with our Defence a season and is getting his players in there

this is prolly the best Memphis team we have had in the last few decades...maybe ever...and Ole Miss is predicted by EVERYONE except Ole Miss fans to be in a BIG slump this upcoming season...hell...Corso even said we would beat ya'll

if you can't see why we're excited you must be blocking it out or something...but come September 4th...Ole Miss better come out ready or it will be ugly.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
08-08-2004 09:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coach Peanut Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

And if you listen to Memphis State fans who are really in the "loop" they think they have 2...NOT 1...but 2 Heisman Canidates on their team...LOL....When i heard that one....I had to be taken to Whitfield...
08-08-2004 11:07 PM
Coach Peanut Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Oh and if we can't beat you ....then I KNOW you will lose to USM...and If you can get LUCKY and beat Ole Miss and USM...Mississippi State will get ya...So looks like the road to Memphis State's National Title is paved through MISSISSIPPI.

Good luck guy's...you'll need it...

Oh and we know about expectations at ole miss...Last year was supposed to be our best team in decades...the wheels can fall off real quick...as we learned...
08-08-2004 11:11 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

....and another reason Vandy needs to be kicked to the curb in favor of Memphis. Guys, as much smack that is talked between the two schools is indicative of a rivalry. Many Memphis fans don't hate us, perse, they just view us a rivals. Why? We play them. They DO hate UT though....who won't play them.

Oh, and Memphis is going down this year GoMemphis because I don't have money on the game.
08-09-2004 04:05 AM
Quote this message in a reply
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

gomemphistigers1 Wrote:

And that is exactly what you pukes tell us when we talk about our glory days, "Stop living in the past".....It's a two-way street, punk. If history repeats itself, well, you know the rest. You know the ratio in which Tigah High beats the Rebs, and you know Memphis State's record in Oxford. Good luck, you're gonna need it. I can promise you this, too, this will be the most hostile environment Memphis State fans will have ever seen in Oxford. Memphis State isn't even an afterthought to us, just our little red-headed step-sister to the north. But once every decade you get our attention, and you got it last season. The humiliation we suffered in that dump of a stadium y'all have was enormous last year, worst I'd ever experienced as a Rebel of 33 years. Yes, it is extremely embarrassing losing to Tiger High, I will admit.

Quote:this is prolly the best Memphis team we have had in the last few decades...maybe ever
That is truly a sad thing to admit, when y'all will still be just a mediocre, middle-of-the-pack little wannabe to the rest of the country. Stick to basketball, it's the one thing y'all don't have a ridiculously pitiful history in.

And RebelKev, I always knew you were a little radical in your thinking, but you have completely jumped ship from your sanity. If you think trading Vandy for Memphis State would be a step-up, then YOU need to be checked into Whitfield, my friend. That is like booting Saddam from dictatorship, and electing Osama to take over for him. Robbing Peter to pay Paul, sort of thing.

Rivalry Smivalry....Pfft, it's only a true rivalry if both teams think of it as a rivalry. To them, we are their BCS Bowl game, their Super Bowl, if you will(if you question that, just please take note of how they act after they beat us, they are predicting an undefeated NC season, with 2 Heismans for God's sake....LOL). To us, they are merely a dot on the schedule that we take for granted once every ten years. Come back to Earth, Mr. Kev.
08-09-2004 08:05 AM
Advertisement

eltigre Offline
Chief Headknocker

I Root For: Throat Punches

Coach Peanut Wrote:...So looks like the road to Memphis State's National Title is paved through MISSISSIPPI.
Mississippi - paved roads??? Oh stop it! 03-lol You are killing me. Before any of you blow your tops it's just a joke. Reading this thread that all started with an inaccurate (or incomplete) observation gives me a good laugh. Two or three posters on the Memphis board get carried away and the next thing you know (according to bigeazy) is that "Memphis fans are talking 12-0". As far as the Heisman thing goes; I have only heard of DW being mentioned by some publications. I have not heard anyone else mention a second TIGER football player on any list. If they have then see above remarks about 12-0. Not one game has been played so every fan of every school should be excited. The real joke is the acrid remarks made by some of the obknoxious morons on this board about how bad our stadium is a dump (and VH has dirt underneath and bleachers does it not? I'll take the LB anyday over VH anyday), our crime ridden city, how the University of Memphis is not even an afterthought to the webels...etc... yet many webel fans rave about staying at the Peabody, going to Beale Street, etc... and both sides have gone to great lengths to keep the series going. Man, for all of this attention to Memphis when we don't even matter at all it must be a slow day in mississippi - oh wait -they must all seem slow in atticipation of ole' mrs. annual "fling a players name at the heisman race" campaign.
08-09-2004 12:07 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

Quote:And that is exactly what you pukes tell us when we talk about our glory days, "Stop living in the past"

it's the truth...having history doesn't win you games...having a good team will.

Quote:I can promise you this, too, this will be the most hostile environment Memphis State fans will have ever seen in Oxford.

i'm sure it will be...but i can also promise you there will be more Tiger fans in Oxford then EVER before...we have already sold the 6,600 tics ya'll sent...and everyone else is getting them from the Ole Miss ticket office...there will prolly be 8,000 - 9,000 Tiger fans there...plus the band.

Quote:Memphis State isn't even an afterthought to us, just our little red-headed step-sister to the north.

That mentality (for the Ole Miss grad "mentality" means the way you think of people or things) is exactly why we won last year...and if you keep thinking that way it will be even worse this year...teams have thought that way about us before...ut in 96...Arkansas...Auburn...Flordia...they all fell...if you overlook us...you will lose.

Quote:That is truly a sad thing to admit

i disagree...when every publication from ESPN to CBS says we should win and could end up ranked in the top 15 in the US...i think thats pretty good reason to get excited.

Quote:Stick to basketball, it's the one thing y'all don't have a ridiculously pitiful history in.

LOL...an Ole Miss fan talking about a "ridiculously pitiful history" in basketball...now thats just funny...de-nile...not just a river in Egypt.

10Man...don't talk smack...you just come off looking stupid...oops too late!!!

Quote:and another reason Vandy needs to be kicked to the curb in favor of Memphis. Guys, as much smack that is talked between the two schools is indicative of a rivalry. Many Memphis fans don't hate us, perse, they just view us a rivals. Why? We play them. They DO hate UT though....who won't play them.

you're right...i don't hate Ole Miss at all...in fact it is one of my favorite games to watch in any sport...any time ya'll decide to dump Vandy...just give us ring...and while many Ole Miss fans will disagree the truth is we are Rivals...in football...Ole Miss is usually better and it is a fun game for both sides...in Basketball we're usually better and it is a fun game on both sides...i means just look at the numbers...Ole Miss and Memphis have played so many times...you have to say we're rivals...and at the end of the day...i wish Ole Miss all the best.

Good Luck ya'll

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
08-09-2004 01:01 PM
georgew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

good luck to you too Drew, just not 9/4/04
08-09-2004 01:42 PM
tennis2k4 Offline
Master Mason

Coach Peanut Wrote:Oh and if we can't beat you ....then I KNOW you will lose to USM...and If you can get LUCKY and beat Ole Miss and USM...Mississippi State will get ya...So looks like the road to Memphis State's National Title is paved through MISSISSIPPI.

Oh and we know about expectations at ole miss...Last year was supposed to be our best team in decades...the wheels can fall off real quick...as we learned...
uh dude we dont ever play missippi state this year
08-09-2004 03:54 PM
egrizzard Offline
What?

I Root For: Memphis!!!

Well, I have been off the board for a while--nice to see things haven't changed much.

I am a Memphis fan--and I am really looking forward to the game. Beating Ole Miss 2 years in a row wasa gonna be hard enuff--beating them opening game after the rebs cotton bowl victory and 10 game season will be really tuff!! And I am sure the players haven't forgot last years loss. No Memphis fan in their right mind thinks we are gonna blast ya'll. I think it should be a competitive game. I still have an avtar bet with USMC on the game---

goooo tigers!!!
08-09-2004 04:38 PM
Advertisement

REBstill Offline
All American

I Root For:

gomemphistigers1 Wrote:

Quote: I just can't understand them running off @ the mouth the way they are.

why???...we beat Ole Miss last season with Eli Manning...you lost him with many other talented players...Memphis returns all it's offensive players and DeAngelo Williams and Danny Wimprine have another year under their belts...and Joe Lee has now been with our Defence a season and is getting his players in there

this is prolly the best Memphis team we have had in the last few decades...maybe ever...and Ole Miss is predicted by EVERYONE except Ole Miss fans to be in a BIG slump this upcoming season...hell...Corso even said we would beat ya'll

if you can't see why we're excited you must be blocking it out or something...but come September 4th...Ole Miss better come out ready or it will be ugly.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
You and Corso are "prolly" full of $hit!
08-09-2004 09:39 PM
REBstill Offline
All American

I Root For:

tennis2k4 Wrote:
Coach Peanut Wrote:Oh and if we can't beat you ....then I KNOW you will lose to USM...and If you can get LUCKY and beat Ole Miss and USM...Mississippi State will get ya...So looks like the road to Memphis State's National Title is paved through MISSISSIPPI.

uh dude we dont ever play missippi state this year
You really do need to spend more time in an English Composition class and not so much time on this board. :rolleyes: :D
08-09-2004 09:42 PM
NewspaperRebel Offline
Former Righter

I Root For: Ole Miss

REBstill Wrote:You and Corso are "prolly" full of $hit!
A double AMEN on that!!!

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>CORSO=SCUM!!!</span></span>
08-09-2004 09:55 PM
Draelius Offline
1st String

I Root For: Univ. of Miss.

No way there will be 9000 Memphis fans at the game. BTW, be sure to tell RC that unless he took out tickets for his band from the allotment that was sent to him, there will be no place for them inside the stadium.
08-11-2004 03:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.