New Fox Sports 1 Commercial Feat USC, OU, GTown and SJU

07-15-2013 12:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
RE: New Fox Sports 1 Commercial Feat USC, OU, GTown and SJU
about time espn had some real competition.

although foxsports is the single biggest cause of conference realignment.

they overpaid for the big east & b12. and my beef with them overpaying on the b12 is that because they did so, they kept alive what should have been a dying conference.
07-15-2013 12:36 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
(07-15-2013 12:36 PM)john01992 Wrote:  about time espn had some real competition.

they overpaid for the big east & b12. and my beef with them overpaying on the b12 is that because they did so, they kept alive what should have been a dying conference.

I'm pretty sure ESPN did that when they had the ACC raid the BE 3 times, gave Texas the Longhorn network which kept them from going to the Pac-10 which made the Longhorns invest in keeping the Big XII alive.

Also they didn't over pay for the Big East, ESPN lowball bid them and they got a better and more realistic offer from Fox.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2013 12:41 PM by NJRedMan.)
07-15-2013 12:39 PM
john01992 Offline

(07-15-2013 12:39 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  
(07-15-2013 12:36 PM)john01992 Wrote:  about time espn had some real competition.

I'm pretty sure ESPN did that when they had the ACC raid the BE 3 times, gave Texas the Longhorn network which kept them from going to the Pac-10 which made the Longhorns invest in keeping the Big XII alive.

Also they didn't over pay for the Big East, ESPN lowball bid them and they got a better and more realistic offer from Fox.

i never believed in the espn ordered the be raids theories (i call em conspiracy theories) and they didnt overpay for the LHN to keep texas alive. they did that because they wanted to own their own school the way NBC owns notre dame
07-15-2013 12:58 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

(07-15-2013 12:58 PM)john01992 Wrote:  

i never believed in the espn ordered the be raids theories (i call em conspiracy theories) and they didnt overpay for the LHN to keep texas alive. they did that because they wanted to own their own school the way NBC owns notre dame

Then how about the former BC AD who said that "They told us what to do"?

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2011...nnecticut/

Those of us who have been following this closely have known about this for almost 2 years now.

He of course backtracked when he realized he said more than he should have.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/...eRHQeB7G8A

But we all know it was the truth because he wanted to rub UConn's face in it.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2013 02:06 PM by NJRedMan.)
07-15-2013 02:04 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

Quit derailing threads. Thats not accepted on these boards. This thread is about FS1 and it's new commercial, not about your views on ESPN and Fox and who did what in realignment. Start your own thread for that.
07-15-2013 02:13 PM
Advertisement

Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California

I've said this here before: ESPN and Fox are often working together. They are friendly competitors. By gobbling up so many sports properties between the two of them, they keep the NBCSN and CBSSN cable channels from becoming serious competitors. By sharing some of the expensive sports packages, they can keep their own costs down because they're not truly bidding against each other.
07-15-2013 02:14 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

(07-15-2013 02:14 PM)Wedge Wrote:  

I've said this here before: ESPN and Fox are often working together. They are friendly competitors. By gobbling up so many sports properties between the two of them, they keep the NBCSN and CBSSN cable channels from becoming serious competitors. By sharing some of the expensive sports packages, they can keep their own costs down because they're not truly bidding against each other.

I think you'll see less of that when FS1 gets it's legs under them. They needed that at first but if they can get going they will NOT want ESPN to share those properties. Watch for a nasty fight over the B1G in three years. I think Fox wins it with their relationship with them in founding the BTN. Fox owns 49% of that channel.
07-15-2013 02:17 PM
john01992 Offline

(07-15-2013 02:04 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  

Those of us who have been following this closely have known about this for almost 2 years now.

like i said its a theory (of course other media outlets will talk about it) and lets not take the BC ad for his word. this is the same guy who claimed his school blocked uconn's entrance into the acc

it doesnt make sense to me because the acc also was threatened by instability. why would espn risk losing not one but both of their conferences in the name of hurting foxsports just a little bit
07-15-2013 02:21 PM
john01992 Offline

(07-15-2013 02:13 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  Quit derailing threads. Thats not accepted on these boards. This thread is about FS1 and it's new commercial, not about your views on ESPN and Fox and who did what in realignment. Start your own thread for that.

ive lost count on how many threads of mine have been derailed by you.....
07-15-2013 02:22 PM
john01992 Offline

i just dont see it. espn is the sports empire....
fox threatens that.

"friendly competition" doesnt cuz bidding wars going up into the billions
07-15-2013 02:23 PM
Advertisement

NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

(07-15-2013 02:22 PM)john01992 Wrote:  
(07-15-2013 02:13 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  Quit derailing threads. Thats not accepted on these boards. This thread is about FS1 and it's new commercial, not about your views on ESPN and Fox and who did what in realignment. Start your own thread for that.

Seeing how you haven't been here a month it's less than zero.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=639473

You should read this.
07-15-2013 02:25 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

(07-15-2013 02:21 PM)john01992 Wrote:  

like i said its a theory (of course other media outlets will talk about it) and lets not take the BC ad for his word. this is the same guy who claimed his school blocked uconn's entrance into the acc

it doesnt make sense to me because the acc also was threatened by instability. why would espn risk losing not one but both of their conferences in the name of hurting foxsports just a little bit

So it's a theory because you don't want to believe what the AD of an ACC school actually said on record to the boston globe. Gotcha.
07-15-2013 02:26 PM
john01992 Offline

(07-15-2013 02:25 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  

You should read this.

-the big east thread......
07-15-2013 02:27 PM
john01992 Offline

(07-15-2013 02:26 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  
(07-15-2013 12:39 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  I'm pretty sure ESPN did that when they had the ACC raid the BE 3 times, gave Texas the Longhorn network which kept them from going to the Pac-10 which made the Longhorns invest in keeping the Big XII alive.

So it's a theory because you don't want to believe what the AD of an ACC school actually said on record to the boston globe. Gotcha.

that AD has a big mouth, huge ego, and is notorious for stretching the truth

if it was a duke/unc AD....it would be more credible. not what just one guy says
07-15-2013 02:28 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

(07-15-2013 02:27 PM)john01992 Wrote:  

You should read this.

It was about the Big East, thats keeping on subject. Disagreeing with someone is not derailing. Going off topic IS derailing. Like I said, read up on how things work here. It will do you a lot of good.
07-15-2013 02:30 PM
Advertisement

NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

(07-15-2013 02:28 PM)john01992 Wrote:  
(07-15-2013 12:58 PM)john01992 Wrote:  i never believed in the espn ordered the be raids theories (i call em conspiracy theories) and they didnt overpay for the LHN to keep texas alive. they did that because they wanted to own their own school the way NBC owns notre dame

if it was a duke/unc AD....it would be more credible. not what just one guy says

This was from a man who was in the room. Yes, he is a loud mouth, but loud mouths let secrets slip, and he clearly let a secret slip.
07-15-2013 02:38 PM
john01992 Offline

(07-15-2013 02:30 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  
(07-15-2013 02:27 PM)john01992 Wrote:  

You should read this.

It was about the Big East, thats keeping on subject. Disagreeing with someone is not derailing. Going off topic IS derailing. Like I said, read up on how things work here. It will do you a lot of good.

and this is about foxsports.....thats on topic too....
07-15-2013 02:42 PM
john01992 Offline

(07-15-2013 02:38 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  
(07-15-2013 02:28 PM)john01992 Wrote:  
(07-15-2013 02:04 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  Then how about the former BC AD who said that "They told us what to do"?

This was from a man who was in the room. Yes, he is a loud mouth, but loud mouths let secrets slip, and he clearly let a secret slip.

and i dont think he tells the truth. theres no way that his school was the reason why the acc said no to uconn. just like theres no reason espn would take that kind of rsik, or the acc would let espn decide what schools they should add.

and besides the acc didnt exactly get a big payday from espn. all they got was 3 mill less per school than the b12 despite having almost double the market presence.
07-15-2013 02:45 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
(07-15-2013 02:17 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  

I think you'll see less of that when FS1 gets it's legs under them. They needed that at first but if they can get going they will NOT want ESPN to share those properties. Watch for a nasty fight over the B1G in three years. I think Fox wins it with their relationship with them in founding the BTN. Fox owns 49% of that channel.

I agree, the next Big Ten deal will be a test of that. Will Fox and ESPN have a bidding war over the Big Ten, with the loser being shut out? Or will they split the rights between them as they have with the Pac-12 and Big 12?
07-15-2013 02:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.