Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT - Too much small ball?
Antarius Offline
Say no to cronyism

I Root For: Rice
OT - Too much small ball?
I understand that we like to see good small ball, but maybe the pressure got to be a bit too much?

[Image: uchimura-bunt-attempt.gif]

Source
Source
07-10-2013 03:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

13thOwl Offline
Banned

I Root For: Rice University
Baseball GeniusDonatorsFootball Genius
RE: OT - Too much small ball?
(07-10-2013 03:19 PM)Antarius Wrote:  I understand that we like to see good small ball, but maybe the pressure got to be a bit too much?

[Image: uchimura-bunt-attempt.gif]

Source
Source

I am just waiting for Walt to work in a Ford Stainback reference...COGS
07-10-2013 03:23 PM
Wiessman Away
All American

This was a suicide squeeze, and the batter desperately tried to knock down the pitch-out to protect his teammate. He was unsuccessful, but the effort is admirable in the extreme. True Japanese grit.

Though the runner from third had already gone, he was able to make it back because the pitch-out was so obvious.

Game: Yomiuri vs. DeNA at the Tokyo Dome, with T-Plush on deck for the BayStars.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2013 03:28 PM by Wiessman.)
07-10-2013 03:25 PM
Advertisement

Tiki Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
Looks like Augie at last call.
07-10-2013 03:27 PM
waltgreenberg Online
Legend

The Parliament Awards
(07-10-2013 03:25 PM)Wiessman Wrote:  This was a suicide squeeze, and the batter desperately tried to knock down the pitch-out to protect his teammate. He was unsuccessful, but the effort is admirable in the extreme. True Japanese grit.

Though the runner from third had already gone, he was able to make it back because the pitch-out was so obvious.

Except had the batter made contact with the ball he would have been declared out as he was way, way out of the batters box.

As for the Stainback reference, kinda looked like him, no? 05-stirthepot
07-10-2013 03:29 PM
Advertisement

07owl Offline
All American

(07-10-2013 03:25 PM)Wiessman Wrote:  This was a suicide squeeze, and the batter desperately tried to knock down the pitch-out to protect his teammate. He was unsuccessful, but the effort is admirable in the extreme. True Japanese grit.

Game: Yomiuri vs. DeNA at the Tokyo Dome, with T-Plush on deck for the BayStars.

Yeah, you do whatever you can to get your bat on the ball in that situation. Much rather see that than someone let that pitch go because it's too far away
07-10-2013 03:30 PM
Wiessman Away
All American

(07-10-2013 03:29 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  

Except had the batter made contact with the ball he would have been declared out as he was way, way out of the batters box.

He clearly would have been out, but the runner on third would have been saved I think: batter out, runner back to third. Which would have been worth it if the runner had been stranded in no-man's-land (as usually happens in these situations).
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2013 03:52 PM by Wiessman.)
07-10-2013 03:32 PM
Advertisement

Antarius Offline
Say no to cronyism

(07-10-2013 03:32 PM)Wiessman Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 03:29 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  

He clearly would have been out, but the runner on third would have been saved I think: batter out, runner back to third. Which would have been worth it.

If you are in the air and have not made contact with the ground, are you considered "out of the batters box?"
07-10-2013 03:38 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
That would have been a strike to Savery
07-10-2013 03:42 PM
Advertisement

Tomball Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-10-2013 03:42 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  That would have been a strike to Savery

Winner!04-cheers
07-10-2013 03:46 PM
RiceDoc Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

The Parliament AwardsFootball GeniusNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
WG would be proud of the effort of this batter. Effective too - kept the runner coming from third from getting wiped out in a failed suicide squeeze attempt.
07-10-2013 03:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.