Bookmark and Share
EPJr Offline
All American

I Root For: VCU, MLS, USMNT
The Battle For The Black Diamond Trophy Renewed
Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia
College Football Rivalry Renewed

[Image: blackdiamond.jpg]

College football fans, especially those in Virginia, will be happy to hear that the coveted Black Diamond Trophy will soon be up for grabs again. In 2021 the Virginia Tech Hokies and the West Virginia Mountaineers will renew their rivalry with a home-and-homes series.

The Mountaineers will host the game in 2021. The Hokies will host the next matchup the very next year in 2022.

"During my three years as Athletic Director at West Virginia University, I have heard from legions of Mountaineer fans, particularly those in the Southern part of the state, who have expressed their strong sentiments to renew the football rivalry with Virginia Tech," West Virginia AD Oliver Luck said in a statement.

http://www.isportstimes.com/articles/786...trophy.htm
07-03-2013 02:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WVMntneer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU
RE: The Battle For The Black Diamond Trophy Renewed
(07-03-2013 02:38 PM)EPJr Wrote:  Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia
College Football Rivalry Renewed

[Image: blackdiamond.jpg]

College football fans, especially those in Virginia, will be happy to hear that the coveted Black Diamond Trophy will soon be up for grabs again. In 2021 the Virginia Tech Hokies and the West Virginia Mountaineers will renew their rivalry with a home-and-homes series.

The Mountaineers will host the game in 2021. The Hokies will host the next matchup the very next year in 2022.

"During my three years as Athletic Director at West Virginia University, I have heard from legions of Mountaineer fans, particularly those in the Southern part of the state, who have expressed their strong sentiments to renew the football rivalry with Virginia Tech," West Virginia AD Oliver Luck said in a statement.

http://www.isportstimes.com/articles/786...trophy.htm

In my opinion, its too far out. I would rather have PITT back on the schedule and Syracuse over VT. Although VT turned into a fairly strong rivalry, I would rather have our traditional rivalries.
07-23-2013 08:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Guardian Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Alabama, SBC
Renewing a rivalry that far out? I didn't know they did this, and with it being so far away I get it. Makes no sense to me. Make it sooner.
04-19-2014 10:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
With the playoff taking SOS into account, scheduling changes may be forthcoming.
04-22-2014 04:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.