Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Possibly losing the Music City Bowl?
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Possibly losing the Music City Bowl?
http://www.tennessean.com/article/201306...ck_check=1

Quote:The Music City Bowl could be welcoming a new conference tie-in to go along with the SEC for its future lineup, but no new deal has been reached yet.

When asked about an ESPN report that the Big Ten will replace the ACC beginning in 2014, bowl president and CEO Scott Ramsey said:

“I just can’t go there yet. We’ve been negotiating a long time, and I just really don’t have any specifics until I can get further down the road with our negotiations. We haven’t finalized anything on our side.”

Ramsey said an announcement probably would not come until July.

Quote:Maintaining the SEC tie-in and moving up the pecking order to select from a larger pool of SEC teams are top priorities for Ramsey in this negotiating period. The Music City Bowl has been sixth in line after the BCS takes its customary two SEC teams, meaning the eighth SEC school chosen has come to Nashville.

“We’re going to do all we can to not only solidify the relationship with the SEC first and foremost, but to hopefully improve the selection position where we currently are,” Ramsey said. “On the other side, I think we’re trying to figure out the way to make the best possible matchup that’s most appealing, not only to the local community and fans, but to also maximize the out-of-town travel to Nashville.”
06-25-2013 10:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT
RE: Possibly losing the Music City Bowl?
negative
06-25-2013 10:58 AM
Advertisement

WakeForestRanger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wake Forest
Most reports say the ACC and Big Ten will split Music City and the Gator 3/3.
06-25-2013 11:44 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
The premise of the article is false. ESPN is NOT reporting that the Big Ten will "replace" the ACC in the Music City bowl (unless you consider swapping the Gator bowl for the Music City every other year as being a replacement). ESPN is also reporting a similar deal with the Capital One bowl, whereby any year that the Big Ten is in the Orange bowl the ACC would take their place in the Capital One.

I think once we get the complete picture we will see that the ACC bowl line-up is going to be vastly improved beginning in 2014.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 01:09 PM by Hokie Mark.)
06-25-2013 01:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.