Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lester Wilson to play in RTBL again
Bookmark and Share
etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops
Lester Wilson to play in RTBL again
This roster also shows James Gallman, but he is obviously at MTSU. One good change this year is all games will be at CAK where there is air conditioning.

2013 RTBL Schedule and Rosters
06-13-2013 07:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
RE: Lester Wilson to play in RTBL again
Hubbs, Lofton and Lester Wilson together ought to be a blast to watch.
06-13-2013 07:42 AM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
I went down to Bearden High School last year to watch Lester play in the Rocky Top League. It was a sauna in that gym, but Lester was never winded, nor did he even seem to breathe hard.

I like the Rocky Top League. Even though it's rec league in nature, there's a "love of the game" feel to it. I wish more of our guys would play in it.
06-13-2013 07:56 AM
BucinBama Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU, UT
Lester gets 24 in his first Rocky Top game of the summer.

Rocky Top
06-17-2013 11:28 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

Nice article about Lester in the Rocky Top League. His remarks always strike me as mature and self aware.
http://www.thedailytimes.com/Sports_News...-id-037780
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2013 05:19 PM by Bucfaithful.)
06-29-2013 05:19 PM
Advertisement

bukup Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: etsu
Will he return? We are losing another player. Rumor is that it could be Lester.
07-04-2013 11:51 PM
Mike_Hunt Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
(07-04-2013 11:51 PM)bukup Wrote:  Will he return? We are losing another player. Rumor is that it could be Lester.

Where did u hear that
07-05-2013 01:27 AM
Mike_Hunt Offline
2nd String

(07-04-2013 11:51 PM)bukup Wrote:  Will he return? We are losing another player. Rumor is that it could be Lester.

Its not KGG, Rembert or Petey judging by Twitter. Sounds like you're confident its Lester but dont want to out the news yet.
07-05-2013 02:27 AM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I've heard it's Walton, which is really disappointing.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 07:05 AM by Bucfaithful.)
07-05-2013 07:04 AM
Advertisement

RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(07-05-2013 07:04 AM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  I've heard it's Walton, which is really disappointing.

Walton makes more sense then Wilson, Wilson redshirted a year, if he transfers he would lose a year, Walton didn't redshirt so he would have
2 full years to play.
07-05-2013 09:19 AM
swvabucsfan Offline
All American

(07-05-2013 07:04 AM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  I've heard it's Walton, which is really disappointing.

For a guy who was hardly used at all freshman year, Walton came on nicely at the end of last year. I thought that he might be ready to make a big step forward this year. Hate to lose him. But I'd hate to lose Lester even more.

This would not make it easier to handle the big front lines of Mercer, FGCU and USCU. We were 1-5 against them last year.

It would mean that Giplaye, Hunter Harris and Poderis are it up front. IF Giplaye plays up to his notices, and Harris and Poderis step it up a notch, we could still be better up front than we were last year.

But then Harris and Poderis graduate, along with KGG. Meaning that we will have nobody except Giplaye who is bigger than a skinny 6'5" or 6'6".
07-05-2013 11:10 AM
Mister Jennings Offline
1st String

Bartow will probably be gone after this next season...so what he leaves, doesn't matter to him.
07-05-2013 11:20 AM
Mike_Hunt Offline
2nd String

Wow. This is gonna be a rough year for you guys
07-05-2013 11:55 AM
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Why is he leaving?
07-05-2013 11:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BartowZone Offline
2nd String

(07-05-2013 11:56 AM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  Why is he leaving?

Jumping off the sinking ship. That leaves us with a strong inside presence of Giplaye and absolutely nothing else resembling a post player for next year.. Glad Murry had the foresight to recruit a big who could help out in a couple years!
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 01:05 PM by BartowZone.)
07-05-2013 12:46 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

Jumping off the sinking ship. That leaves us with a strong inside presence of Giplaye and absolutely nothing else resembling a post player for next year.. Glad Murry had the foresight to recruit a big who could help out in a couple years!
[/quote]

Walton's apparent departure is symptomatic of a broken system. Bartow's lack of foresight, unwillingness to take on developing players, impatience with developing players (e.g., Lester) is catching up to him. His patchwork-approach to recruiting is failing miserably. I hope these new assistants have connections, but it's hard for me to believe that they're better plugged in than Wagers.

In stark contrast, when Rick Byrd recruits he sees prospects 2, 3, and 4 years down the road. It doesn't matter who Byrd graduates, because he has another player coming down the assembly line. Hell, even Upstate's coach, with horrible facilities, a teeny budget, and no program history is waxing Bartow.

Perhaps Walton violated a rule a needed to go--I have no inside info. whatsoever--but there's a pattern here. I hope Sander has the foresight to see that there's a reason Bartow's been at ETSU for a decade: no one else wants him.
07-05-2013 04:35 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(07-05-2013 04:35 PM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 12:46 PM)BartowZone Wrote:  

Walton's apparent departure is symptomatic of a broken system. Bartow's lack of foresight, unwillingness to take on developing players, impatience with developing players (e.g., Lester) is catching up to him. His patchwork-approach to recruiting is failing miserably. I hope these new assistants have connections, but it's hard for me to believe that they're better plugged in than Wagers.

In stark contrast, when Rick Byrd recruits he sees prospects 2, 3, and 4 years down the road. It doesn't matter who Byrd graduates, because he has another player coming down the assembly line. Hell, even Upstate's coach, with horrible facilities, a teeny budget, and no program history is waxing Bartow.

Perhaps Walton violated a rule a needed to go--I have no inside info. whatsoever--but there's a pattern here. I hope Sander has the foresight to see that there's a reason Bartow's been at ETSU for a decade: no one else wants him.
[/quote]

The program looks to be imploding. I think it has been for several years now. I like John and would really hate to see him go.
07-05-2013 05:02 PM
Advertisement

Bennett42 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ETSU/TTU
I have heard from a reliable source that Walton is leaving due to Bartow. I don't have any other specifics, nor would I release them due to the source. I did find out that the players really like Carr.
07-05-2013 08:52 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Bartow should have been put on a train back to Birmingham 4 months ago.
07-05-2013 11:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mister Jennings Offline
1st String

The only reason Bartow is still at ETSU is the Mullins decision to extend his contract. ETSU can't afford the buyout. It does seem from a distance that Bartow has the confidence of Noland. Is there any doubt as soon as Murry's tenure ends...He moves to Birmingham and become a loyal alum. I don't think he's ever been all in for ETSU. I wish I was close enough to see. I wonder what burned Murry's butt to fire his loyal assistants after all those years. I don't understand the man. Rational is not his middle name. The only marks he's left at ETSU are negative. That is sad after all these years.
07-06-2013 05:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.