Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New QB - Lukas O'Conor
Bookmark and Share
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
New QB - Lukas O'Conor
Post grad addition who had offers from Yale and Wagner.

6'4" 215lbs.
06-12-2013 02:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
RE: New QB - Lukas O'Conor
was once a UMass commit.

how ironic.
06-12-2013 02:28 PM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

(06-12-2013 02:28 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  was once a UMass commit.

how ironic.

Walk On commit for Umass.
06-12-2013 02:33 PM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
football is a tough sport to analyze many times.

someone tell me what's wrong with this kid that he could only get offers from Yale, Wagner and walk on at UMass?

Looks pretty legit to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN08LnLWMC0
06-12-2013 02:48 PM
jmutoml757 Offline
All American

I Root For: jmu
underwhelmed. seems to throw well on the move, but he looks slowwww. most of his throws are dinks and dunks- slants, skinny posts, that type of thing. the longer passes were underthrown often. That being said, the coach up there said he was the best he's coached in 25 years. That might not mean much. Maybe he has great qb instincts and decision making and will fit well into the new system. I'm no expert for sure, and I hate to be negative.
06-12-2013 02:55 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
(06-12-2013 02:48 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  football is a tough sport to analyze many times.

someone tell me what's wrong with this kid that he could only get offers from Yale, Wagner and walk on at UMass?

Hope he's a walk on or partial scholly guy at this point. The kid can hit the wide open guys 30 yds. downfield and on the tough throws seems to put it in there where only the receiver has a shot at it. Knows how to pump fake and isn't a sloth running the ball.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 03:23 PM by olddawg.)
06-12-2013 02:57 PM
Advertisement

JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

Looks solid. Good footwork....fundamentals are sound.
06-12-2013 03:07 PM
jmutoml757 Offline
All American

(06-12-2013 02:57 PM)olddawg Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 02:48 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  football is a tough sport to analyze many times.

From what I see, we could do a lot worse for a walk on QB. The kid can hit the wide open guys 30 yds. downfield and on the tough throws seems to put it in there where only the receiver has a shot at it. Knows how to pump fake and isn't a sloth running the ball. Nice freebie.

I haven't seen the notice of his commit or anything. what do you mean by "freebie"? Is he a non-scholarship player due to the late signing? I am not up on the recruiting/signing rules. Everyone kept talking about us signing a transfer qb. Is this meant to fill that spot even though he is not a transfer?
06-12-2013 03:12 PM
JMUTEKE Offline
2nd String

I Root For: JMU Dooks
I think I'd rather have the wide-out ... wearing #1 ...... guy made some great grabs ...
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 03:18 PM by JMUTEKE.)
06-12-2013 03:17 PM
jmutoml757 Offline
All American

According to Avon's website they have a qb in the NFL as a free agent with the Chargers- Mike Hermann. He was offered d1 as a lineman but played d3 as a qb.
06-12-2013 03:18 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-12-2013 03:12 PM)jmutoml757 Wrote:  

From what I see, we could do a lot worse for a walk on QB. The kid can hit the wide open guys 30 yds. downfield and on the tough throws seems to put it in there where only the receiver has a shot at it. Knows how to pump fake and isn't a sloth running the ball. Nice freebie.

I haven't seen the notice of his commit or anything. what do you mean by "freebie"? Is he a non-scholarship player due to the late signing? I am not up on the recruiting/signing rules. Everyone kept talking about us signing a transfer qb. Is this meant to fill that spot even though he is not a transfer?

Good catch...not sure where I got the walk on part- maybe subconsciously thinking if he could only walk on at UMass, he certainly couldn't be scholarship material here. Don't know if he's getting any kind of scholly here, but hate the idea of using a full one on a guy that only got offers from Wagner and Yale. Amended my previous post
06-12-2013 03:28 PM
Advertisement

BSKB 24 Offline
All American

If we are changing our system to fit the style of Birdsong, it only makes sense to recruit more QBs in the mold of Birdsong. What good does it do to create a new offense built around a prototypical pocket QB and then have to substitute in a read option running QB if Birdsong turns an ankle?
06-12-2013 03:41 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-12-2013 02:48 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  Looks pretty legit to me.

+1
06-12-2013 04:24 PM
PGJMU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU Dukes
culver city, california?

how the heck does he end up in Harrisonburg, VA. gonna be some culture shock for the kid
06-12-2013 04:38 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-12-2013 04:38 PM)PGJMU Wrote:  culver city, california?

how the heck does he end up in Harrisonburg, VA. gonna be some culture shock for the kid

Thinking the same thing. No way he's walk-on, that far from home. Frankly, I'm glad he's coming and believe he can be a good get if he'll stick around. It seems that it could be tough to keep him until he can contribute. Could be that 3 seasons will have to pass before he gets a real shot. Though, Superman was willing to wait.
06-12-2013 04:56 PM
JMU08 Offline
1st String

(06-12-2013 04:56 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 04:38 PM)PGJMU Wrote:  culver city, california?

Thinking the same thing. No way he's walk-on, that far from home. Frankly, I'm glad he's coming and believe he can be a good get if he'll stick around. It seems that it could be tough to keep him until he can contribute. Could be that 3 seasons will have to pass before he gets a real shot. Though, Superman was willing to wait.

He went to a post grad school up in Avon CT. I think he looks pretty good personally. Here is the video at Avon, and for reference, a highlight video of another recent JMU qb to compare with.

Lukas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hCJz70fEYE

Other:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIqhjuQfyAQ
06-12-2013 07:21 PM
Advertisement

olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

Video of him working 1 on 1 with Todd Marinovich. Despite all his Robo QB upbringing, he does bring a wealth of knowledge to an aspiring QB. Good footage of him working w/ Lucas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmmrlcFyXCU
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 08:31 PM by olddawg.)
06-12-2013 08:31 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

I like the way he puts a little air under the ball on his deeper passes and lets the receiver chase it down. Justin never did understand this concept.
06-12-2013 08:58 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(06-12-2013 03:28 PM)olddawg Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 03:12 PM)jmutoml757 Wrote:  

Good catch...not sure where I got the walk on part- maybe subconsciously thinking if he could only walk on at UMass, he certainly couldn't be scholarship material here. Don't know if he's getting any kind of scholly here, but hate the idea of using a full one on a guy that only got offers from Wagner and Yale. Amended my previous post

While I'd usually agree here, let me point out something I hate, yes hate to mention. The beer named kid at ole dirty had virtually NO offers out of HS. I think they've used him well, I don't think he's all that without their surrounding cast (which is a credit to them) but he's been enormously successful and gives pause to who else offers some guys.

If nothing else this kid has got to be smart, that will account for a lot if given the chance. Welcome aboard.
06-13-2013 01:42 AM
JMU08 Offline
1st String

Maybe we can also pull in Danny O'Brien
06-13-2013 07:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.