UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

no more b tickets
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
Sad no more b tickets
Well for those uab employees like me, no more btickets. They got rid of them so I had to go back to the season ticket route for fb. Only downside to me will be in bball where I'll have to buy a ticket now to any games I go to (I just don't go to enough bball games to make season tickets viable financially) not a real biggie other than will have to spend more on tickets overall - $125 bticket vs $100fb + ? bball tickets.

Will I still get to sit in my same section/seats to keep the winning mojo alive????
06-10-2013 07:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

RE: no more b tickets
Why did the stop the b ticket?
06-10-2013 07:55 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
Just decided to push more season tickets sales to the individual sports rather than something that was all encompassing. Maybe related to coaches compensation packages but that's a WAG on my part.

IMO- It was good for employees but given the fact that many are fans of other programs not a big seller but I don't think it ever was really marketed to employees as well as it could have been other than when it first came out a couple of years ago.
06-10-2013 09:28 PM
Advertisement

thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

Never heard of it.
06-10-2013 11:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doktyr X Offline
1st String

I Root For: Science! (+UAB)
That why it went away; many employees never heard of it. Blazerwkr is right. They did not market it in a way that got them out there very well. Last year I guessed it would go away since last year's B-ticket did not include a parking pass.
06-11-2013 12:28 PM
Advertisement

blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
I got an email today that said as much, that it never really was used by employees so they dropped it but I see it as more they never tried to market it to employees as much as they could have. You have to market your program to get people to come in the first place so the same will go for season tickets so will those go away as well??? They only slightly do more there to market them than they could do to increase sales.

this is only part of the email I got -

Dear B-Ticket Holder,
Due to the decreased interest and lack of participation, UAB Athletics is announcing after five years we have discontinued the B-ticket plan for the upcoming 2013-2014 athletic calendar.
06-11-2013 04:59 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Once the employees learned that it couldn't get them in to see their favorite team play, they were not interested.
06-11-2013 05:14 PM
Advertisement

BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
It would seem that if UAB wanted the B-ticket to succeed, it would have included a parking pass with season tickets since UAB (according to several posts) does not receive anything from the city P&R Board from parking revenue.
06-11-2013 05:30 PM
Doktyr X Offline
1st String

I Root For: Science! (+UAB)
In my opinion, for what it is worth, UAB should have opened up the program to the general public. In doing such, raise the price of the bottom end (50 credits) to $150 and the high end (100 credits) to $300 for B Tickets. Set up the entire upper deck at Bartow as the basketball B Ticket section.
06-17-2013 10:36 AM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
At first they did have parking passes to LF in them but dropped it last year & dropped the whole thing this year due to the aforementioned reasons but they dropped the ball overall in the way they marketed the whole thing.
06-17-2013 04:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.