Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2013 Baseball Owls Thanks for a helluva ride
THRILL Offline
All American

I Root For: Boobies

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
2013 Baseball Owls Thanks for a helluva ride
Special love to the seniors and those moving on to play professional ball.
Through ups and downs you never quit playing and giving us your best.

For those moving on thank for all the memories and for those coming back, see ya next year at the Reck.
06-10-2013 08:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament Awards
RE: 2013 Baseball Owls Thanks for a helluva ride
Gotta repost this (from last night's game thread) here, where it rightfully belongs...

Quote:The guys battled to the end, as they have done all year long. Very tough way to lose; especially since we caught absolutely no break today and the umpiring was decidedly one-sided (with even ESPN acknowledging all the blown calls and the very generous, one-sided strikezone). Too many line drives straight at people today.

Having said all that, and as disappointing as another non-Omaha ending might be, you HAVE to be proud of what this team accomplised; particularly given where were were just four short weeks ago, after losing that weekend series at home against Memphis. We did accomplish many of our goals; in fact all of them except the prenultimate one.

Thank you for another great season.

To the seniors, and likely departed (Michael Ratterree, Geoff Parrott, Christian Stringer, Tyler Spurlin, Holt McNair, Jeremy Fant, Austin Kubitza)-- thank you for everything you gave Rice over the past few years. You have represented the team and University in exceptional fashion.

To our draft-eligible, but with eligibility remaining upperclassmen (John Simms, Chase McDowell, Michael Aquino, Keenan Cook, Shane Hoelscher)-- here's wishing you all a great Summer, and trust that you will make the right decision for you....knowing that we'd love to have you back at Reckling for one more year.

For our underclassmen (our baby birds)-- you guys contributed big time this year, and give us all promise for keeping the tradition (and the various streaks) going forward. Have a great Summer and keep improving and working on development areas.

Thanks again, Owls. When does Fall Ball start???
06-10-2013 08:15 AM
NoodleOwl Offline
All Noodle

I Root For: the Owls! HOOT!

Folding@NCAAbbsNew Orleans Bowl
+1.

Really proud of how this team persevered to the end, and showed marked improvement at the end of the season. Losing 2 nailbiters might be the end of the season, but it's not the end of the Owls. I expect even greater things from this team next year .. we ended our Supers drought this year - next year Omaha will be Owlmaha again!
06-10-2013 09:12 AM
Advertisement

Owl75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Well said Walt. This team really acomplished a lot, brought the Rice brand back on the national stage. Thanks guys! It was a wonderful ride. We love you all.

Go Owls.
06-10-2013 09:22 AM
grol Offline
Baseball Fan

Donators
I agree with Owl75. It was great publicity to bring the Owls back to the national stage. Making it to the Super Regionals was a great accomplishment for the team and for the school. Congratulations to the players, the coaches and staff for a year that exceeded all expectations.

Baseball -- college style -- is a great game, isn't it? I love watching the Owls.
06-10-2013 09:30 AM
Advertisement

ETx Owl Offline
1st String

I Root For:
In Top 16 left playing. Best team in Texas--went further than Big 12 and SEC schools from Texas.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2013 09:56 AM by ETx Owl.)
06-10-2013 09:55 AM
RiceDoc Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsFootball GeniusNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
+1 to all the love for the Rice Owls baseball team. Well done guys (and gals in support roles!).

For those of you who are downplaying the results since we didn't end up in Omaha, just ask yourself if you'd like to fail this miserably in EVERY sport other than baseball. If the answer is yes, then you are indicting your own disappointment. If no, then you have to question your status as a Rice fan! I sincerely hope you'll reevaluate and recognize that this team achieved far more than most, even if they fell short of the lofty goal of national champion. As my high school senior class motto stated, "It is better to reach for the sky and land on a cloud than reach for a cloud and never get off the ground." These guys reached for the sky.
06-10-2013 02:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
(06-10-2013 02:14 PM)RiceDoc Wrote:  +1 to all the love for the Rice Owls baseball team. Well done guys (and gals in support roles!).

For those of you who are downplaying the results since we didn't end up in Omaha, just ask yourself if you'd like to fail this miserably in EVERY sport other than baseball. If the answer is yes, then you are indicting your own disappointment. If no, then you have to question your status as a Rice fan! I sincerely hope you'll reevaluate and recognize that this team achieved far more than most, even if they fell short of the lofty goal of national champion. As my high school senior class motto stated, "It is better to reach for the sky and land on a cloud than reach for a cloud and never get off the ground." These guys reached for the sky.

03-weeping Wiping the tear drops forming in my eyes.
06-10-2013 02:20 PM
Da.Owl Offline
Rs.for.Cars@gmail.com

I Root For: The Rice Owls

Folding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(06-10-2013 09:30 AM)grol Wrote:  I agree with Owl75. It was great publicity to bring the Owls back to the national stage. Making it to the Super Regionals was a great accomplishment for the team and for the school. Congratulations to the players, the coaches and staff for a year that exceeded all expectations.

Baseball -- college style -- is a great game, isn't it? I love watching the Owls.

04-cheers 04-bow 04-cheers
06-10-2013 02:29 PM
LonghornOwl Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rice, UT
This team proved it was good enough to get there even without the two or three (or more) "superstars" of some past Rice teams. We were an out or a home field advantage away really.
06-14-2013 03:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.