Bball Scheduling Announcement - Neutral Site game
Bookmark and Share
JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation
Bball Scheduling Announcement - Neutral Site game
from twitter:

Quote:Whit Babcock ‏@WhitBabcock

Just talked w @CoachCroninUC. Exciting nuetral site MBB scheduling announcement later today. Workin' on home games too! #bearcats

i heard rumblings of this last night on the riverboat cruise; should be exciting

(yeah, that's a tease)

06-05-2013 07:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
RE: Bball Scheduling Announcement - Neutral Site game
Neutral site games are often made for TV match-ups. If that's the case there is no clearer sign the Bearcats are both back and relevant (to the networks)

06-05-2013 09:33 AM
123az Offline
Banned

I Root For: Wash U & Cincy
My guess would be a former BE school like Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Marquette, etc.

06-05-2013 09:45 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(06-05-2013 09:45 AM)123az Wrote:  My guess would be a former BE school like Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Marquette, etc.

Wouldn't mind another regional opponent too or a former Big East school.

06-05-2013 09:46 AM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
Pitt at MSG hopefully...07-coffee3

06-05-2013 10:27 AM
Advertisement

bearcatseminole Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UC & N. Dakota
(06-05-2013 10:27 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  Pitt at MSG hopefully...07-coffee3

Looks like it is Pitt at MSG...and Memphis against UF.

Great matchups for the AAC at the Jimmy V Classic!

Great job Whit and Co!

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...-v-classic

06-05-2013 11:22 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

Basketball should thrive in American. Being a top school in this conference will help land UC some high profile non-conference games to offset the drop in competition during conference play. I have always favored this balanced approach because it allows for interesting games early and a chance to pick up a lot wins heading in the tournament.

This season's schedule is already loaded when considered that Louisville, Memphis, UConn, and Temple are on the schedule twice. Add in New Mexico, SDSU, Pitt, NC State, and Xavier to the conference schedule and you have a whole lot of chances to pick up quality wins.

When Louisville leaves the conference schedule does weaken but that also gives the Bearcats a chance to play Louisville in a non-conference game. Heck we already have a home and home with Michigan in the near future.

Football scheduling is a different beast but basketball seems to be in good shape.

06-05-2013 12:25 PM
BearChatter v2.0 Offline
Rounding Third and headed...
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Da Bearcats!
Interesting.

I hate comparing to Xavier or the A-10 or MAC. But being in a slightly inferior conference may open up better OOC matchups for UC.

Could get interesting.

06-05-2013 12:30 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
Bearcats to play in Jimmy V Classic
06/05/13 at 2:07pm by Bill Koch

UC will play former Big East rival Pittsburgh in the Jimmy V Classic on Tuesday, Dec. 17 at Madison Square Garden in New York.

ESPN, which will televise the game, made the announcement Wednesday.

UC will play Pitt at 7 p.m. followed by Florida-Memphis at 9 p.m.

The meeting will be the first for the two schools as non-conference foes since UC joined the Big East in 2005. Pitt will compete in 2013-14 in the Atlantic Coast Conference while UC will play in the newly formed American Athletic Conference.

This will be UC’s second appearance in the Jimmy V Classic, which was founded to honor the memory of former North Carolina State coach Jim Valvano, who died from cancer in 1993, and to raise money for cancer research. The Bearcats beat Oregon, 77-52, at the Meadowlands on Dec. 17, 2002, in their only other appearance.

The Bearcats have won two of their last three games against Pitt but the Panthers hold an 8-3 edge in Big East competition. They split their two games last season, with UC winning 70-61 at Pitt and the Panthers beating the Bearcats 62-52 at Fifth Third Arena. Overall, the series is tied at 9-9.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2013/06/0...v-classic/

06-05-2013 03:13 PM
Advertisement

cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(06-05-2013 12:30 PM)BearChatter v2.0 Wrote:  Interesting.

I hate comparing to Xavier or the A-10 or MAC. But being in a slightly inferior conference may open up better OOC matchups for UC.

Could get interesting.

I think it could really be interesting for attendance purposes. In the Big East, Cincinnati loaded up on cupcakes in the non-conference schedule to build wins heading into the gauntlet of conference play. Attendance responded accordingly, soft in the first half of the season, heavy in the second half. With a more balanced schedule (a few tough home games in both the beginning and end) I wonder if OVERALL attendance will get a boost, drop off, or remain the same.

Thoughts?

06-05-2013 03:24 PM
BearcatShane09 Offline
1st String

This is a big game and a win would look really nice on Selection Sunday, however, I would have rather played someone else just because were so used to playing Pitt and I would of liked us to play agianst some new blood. But to be in this event is a great thing for UC basketball. I wonder what homw game Whit is working on?

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 05:17 PM by BearcatShane09.)
06-05-2013 05:17 PM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

(06-05-2013 05:17 PM)BearcatShane09 Wrote:  This is a big game and a win would look really nice on Selection Sunday, however, I would have rather played someone else just because were so used to playing Pitt and I would of liked us to play agianst some new blood. But to be in this event is a great thing for UC basketball. I wonder what homw game Whit is working on?

I wonder if that home game you speak of is one to potentially replace San Diego State. Andy Katz mentioned a month or so ago that SDSU was looking to get out of the game with Cincinnati and today Jon Rothstein listed UC's non-conference schedule and didn't include San Diego State. Did that game ultimately get dropped or something?

06-05-2013 05:30 PM
Flying Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Who I wnt 2 win
(06-05-2013 05:30 PM)cinbinsportsfan Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 05:17 PM)BearcatShane09 Wrote:  This is a big game and a win would look really nice on Selection Sunday, however, I would have rather played someone else just because were so used to playing Pitt and I would of liked us to play agianst some new blood. But to be in this event is a great thing for UC basketball. I wonder what homw game Whit is working on?

I wonder if that home game you speak of is one to potentially replace San Diego State. Andy Katz mentioned a month or so ago that SDSU was looking to get out of the game with Cincinnati and today Jon Rothstein listed UC's non-conference schedule and didn't include San Diego State. Did that game ultimately get dropped or something?

I believe they said that if UC could find a new game they would delay the series to 2015.

06-05-2013 07:50 PM
Advertisement

Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators

Agree with the whole post.

06-05-2013 08:20 PM
indycat Offline
1st String

I would love to see some home and home matchups with any of the B12 teams. Continuing to build bridges to those schools might serve UC well in the next round of realignment. Our first two years in the Big East, visiting fans from our conference foes were blown away by the UC campus and Varsity Village. UC must continue to generate some buzz with B12 folks so more and more they see Cincinnati as a viable competitor and natural bridge to WVU.

06-05-2013 08:20 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
I wish we hadn't, or wouldn't, kiss up to SDSU's request to move that game. Our football team played out there in 2007, and they never returned it. If up to me, they would need to make good on their football obligation or cough up some cold hard cash for our troubles.

06-05-2013 09:47 PM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

(06-05-2013 07:50 PM)Flying Bearcat Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 05:30 PM)cinbinsportsfan Wrote:  

I believe they said that if UC could find a new game they would delay the series to 2015.

Got it, that makes sense thanks! It sounds like the SDSU game is in limbo right now then.

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 07:16 AM by cinbinsportsfan.)
06-06-2013 07:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.