Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: A little self promotion
Chef Owl Offline
Stay hungry my friends!

I Root For: The Rice Owls

The Parliament Awards
OT: A little self promotion
OK, so one of my dreams in life is to become a food writer/journalist. I have talked to some people and emailed others in the industry and they have all said that the best way to do it is just to do it. In that regard I have restarted my Houston area food blog. It is a combination of local restaurants reviews, recipe and ideas, and tips and tricks. So I figure one of the best ways to promote is to share with my Rice family. So, I share with you my blog. I hope you read, enjoy and comment.

http://wheresmygravy.blogspot.com/

PS I am in the process of moving some of my old posts from my previous blog (due to unreliability issues) over, so more content is coming.
05-27-2013 03:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

THRILL Offline
All American

I Root For: Boobies

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
RE: OT: A little self promotion
good job Manny , love the name of the blog.
For those that don't know Manny is our tailgate Chef, how many tailgates have their own professionally trained Chef?

one that I know of.

Come and Tailgate it.
05-27-2013 06:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LawFarmer Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Rice Owls
(05-27-2013 03:36 PM)Chef Owl Wrote:  OK, so one of my dreams in life is to become a food writer/journalist. I have talked to some people and emailed others in the industry and they have all said that the best way to do it is just to do it. In that regard I have restarted my Houston area food blog. It is a combination of local restaurants reviews, recipe and ideas, and tips and tricks. So I figure one of the best ways to promote is to share with my Rice family. So, I share with you my blog. I hope you read, enjoy and comment.

http://wheresmygravy.blogspot.com/

PS I am in the process of moving some of my old posts from my previous blog (due to unreliability issues) over, so more content is coming.

I am often at a loss for spots to eat in Houston since my wife and I had absolutely no disposable income during our Rice years. I am glad to have an insider who knows the city and good food! I will bookmark your blog. Best of luck to you.
05-27-2013 08:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChicagoOwl (BS '07) Offline
1st String

I Root For: YOU!
Enjoyed the last review.

IMO it's a good idea to make the biography bit you put up there substantially longer.
05-27-2013 08:13 PM
Advertisement

ESE84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators
I'm a huge fan of the Napoli at Beechnut and Chimney Rock. The shaded and small patio behind the restaurant is a hidden treasure.
05-28-2013 12:47 PM
Chef Owl Offline
Stay hungry my friends!

The Parliament Awards
I will eventually add more stuff to it. On my other blog page (the one that is not as reliable), I have a full post about who I am and what I do. As soon as the other page is working, I will bring a lot of that info over.
05-28-2013 03:41 PM
Caelligh Offline
La Asesina

I Root For: Rice U

New Orleans BowlDonators
(05-27-2013 03:36 PM)Chef Owl Wrote:  OK, so one of my dreams in life is to become a food writer/journalist. I have talked to some people and emailed others in the industry and they have all said that the best way to do it is just to do it....

Good luck! Consider establishing an outpost in South Florida! :)

The biggest pancakes I ever saw at a restaurant were served by Monarch's restaurant in Massachusetts. Each pancake was like a 9"x13" sheet cake. They were bigger than the plate. The waitress told us that they like to have something on the menu that makes people say "Wow!"
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 12:04 PM by Caelligh.)
05-28-2013 07:21 PM
Chef Owl Offline
Stay hungry my friends!

The Parliament Awards
I have finally transferred all my original posts from my old blog to my new one. I tried to keep the dates more for the restaurant reviews, because I figured those would be more important than anything else. So if you have a free moment, check out my stuff and comment.
06-01-2013 11:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.