Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ND QB Everett Golson no longer at the school
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
ND QB Everett Golson no longer at the school
Residence Life violation. Unconfirmed rumor is plagerism on a paper.

With 5 star QB Gunner Kiel just transferring, it will be Tommy Rees under center next year.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...notre-dame
05-25-2013 10:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jaminandjachin Offline
All American

I Root For: UNC
RE: ND QB Everett Golson no longer at the school
There are a lot of recent QB transfers that are just cursing up a storm right now.
05-25-2013 10:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(05-25-2013 10:38 PM)TerryD Wrote:  Residence Life violation. Unconfirmed rumor is plagerism on a paper.

With 5 star QB Gunner Kiel just transferring, it will be Tommy Rees under center next year.

IMO, it was amazing that Notre Dame won so many games last year with Golson. He really couldn't pass the ball very effectively and was completely useless versus Alabama.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013 10:51 PM by quo vadis.)
05-25-2013 10:50 PM
moo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: College sports
Never mind, redundant.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013 10:55 PM by moo.)
05-25-2013 10:54 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-25-2013 10:51 PM)Knightsweat Wrote:  Sorry to hear about Golson's indiscretion. Hopefully the young man straightens his life out, and moves past this. As far as ND's QB situation, who cares? Back to mediocrity with your pampered program.

Lol, you have a nice evening as well.
05-25-2013 11:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
Well you have to do what you have to do. At least Notre Dame still has the integrity to do it even when it hurts.
05-26-2013 12:01 AM
Advertisement

NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
1. No way it was plagiarism, since it was about Residence Life. That is a dorm issue.

2. It must have been REALLY bad since they didn't even kick a QB out of school for actually fighting police just last year.

3. They are covering up whatever he did and just giving a very vague excuse.
05-26-2013 12:37 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(05-26-2013 12:37 AM)NJRedMan Wrote:  1. No way it was plagiarism, since it was about Residence Life. That is a dorm issue.

2. It must have been REALLY bad since they didn't even kick a QB out of school for actually fighting police just last year.

So if it's not violence, then it sounds like it must be either (a) sexual assault or (b) serious theft, and since no dorm would likely have enough to steal to rise to being worse than fighting a police officer, i vote for (a).
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 12:40 AM by quo vadis.)
05-26-2013 12:39 AM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
I bet that Gunner Kiel guy is face palming right now.
05-26-2013 07:04 AM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
(05-25-2013 11:00 PM)TerryD Wrote:  
(05-25-2013 10:51 PM)Knightsweat Wrote:  Sorry to hear about Golson's indiscretion. Hopefully the young man straightens his life out, and moves past this. As far as ND's QB situation, who cares? Back to mediocrity with your pampered program.

Lol, you have a nice evening as well.

Great class, Terry.

Keep it civil boys. Talking smack is for the VAA.
05-26-2013 07:26 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-26-2013 12:37 AM)NJRedMan Wrote:  1. No way it was plagiarism, since it was about Residence Life. That is a dorm issue.

It is an academic issue. That falls under Residence Life at ND. He cheated. He is out.

ND did the same thing to starting CB Darrin Walls a few years ago.

He sat out a year and then worked his way back into school. Google it.
05-26-2013 07:34 AM
Advertisement

Jet915 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Creighton/Navy
(05-26-2013 07:34 AM)TerryD Wrote:  

It is an academic issue. That falls under Residence Life at ND. He cheated. He is out.

ND did the same thing to starting CB Darrin Walls a few years ago.

He sat out a year and then worked his way back into school. Google it.

Cheating? Haha, in the SEC, they probably have someone doing his papers for him! Too bad...
05-26-2013 07:36 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-26-2013 12:39 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  

So if it's not violence, then it sounds like it must be either (a) sexual assault or (b) serious theft, and since no dorm would likely have enough to steal to rise to being worse than fighting a police officer, i vote for (a).

It was none of that, Quo. ND takes academic issues very seriously.

They kicked out starting RB Julius Jones in 2002 for a year for not meeting ND's academic requirements.

He was still NCAA eligible, academically. Just not for ND. He sat out one year and came back in 2003.

ND does stuff like this regarding academics.

Not saying it is right or wrong (not trying to be "holier than thou"), better or worse, that is just the way it is.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 07:42 AM by TerryD.)
05-26-2013 07:41 AM
Vewb1 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bearcats
(05-26-2013 07:04 AM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  I bet that Gunner Kiel guy is face palming right now.

My understanding his he is quite happy with his decision to transfer to Cincinnati. He was not happy with the coaching and his odds to start at QB. I'm certain that he was not second in line, most likely 3rd or 4th inline behind Rees and Hendrix from Cincinnati Moeller High School. So this most likely did not matter too much to Gunner. He's already enrolled, working out with the team, but has to sit out next year.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 08:11 AM by Vewb1.)
05-26-2013 08:10 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-26-2013 08:10 AM)Vewb1 Wrote:  
(05-26-2013 07:04 AM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  I bet that Gunner Kiel guy is face palming right now.

My understanding his he is quite happy with his decision to transfer to Cincinnati. He was not happy with the coaching and his odds to start at QB. I'm certain that he was not second in line, most likely 3rd or 4th inline behind Rees and Hendrix from Cincinnati Moeller High School. So this most likely did not matter too much to Gunner. He's already enrolled, working out with the team, but has to sit out next year.

Gunner would have likely been third string this season but you are correct.
05-26-2013 08:31 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(05-26-2013 07:41 AM)TerryD Wrote:  
(05-26-2013 12:39 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  

It was none of that, Quo. ND takes academic issues very seriously.

They kicked out starting RB Julius Jones in 2002 for a year for not meeting ND's academic requirements.

Oh I know that ND takes academic violations very seriously. I was just assuming NJRedman was correct that an academic violation would not fall under ND's definition of a "residence life" issue. But since that is not correct, then obviously my speculation about a sexual transgression is incorrect as well. 04-cheers
05-26-2013 08:35 AM
Advertisement

He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
I feel sorry for the guy that he is going through this. Any chance we could end up seeing him at some other University playing ball? He was still pretty young wasn't he?

None the less, he wasn't all that impressive, the football program will be fine without him and Notre Dame continues to stand firm when it comes to enforcing the policy that their athletes play by the same rules as the rest of the student body.
05-26-2013 08:42 AM
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
This is not uncommon. Cheating is one of the few things most universities will not tolerate, even when dealing with athletes.

Cam Newton

Quote:According to FoxSports.com, Newton again violated the university's honor code by putting his name on another student's paper and turning it in. Newton was caught after the instructor asked the real author of the paper why he had not turned in his work.

Newton turned in a second paper to the instructor, but that paper was later found to have been purchased off the Internet, according to FoxSports.com. He was to appear for a hearing in front of Florida's Student Conduct Committee during the spring semester of 2009 but instead transferred to Blinn College.
05-26-2013 09:04 AM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
If Kiel wanted to transfer back to ND, there is a stipulation in the NCAA rulebook that allows transfers who transferred to a 4 year school that did not yet partake in any sports related activities to transfer back to the original school and still be eligible to play this year, unbelievable isn't it. This is absolutely true.
05-26-2013 09:07 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(05-26-2013 09:07 AM)CincyBro Wrote:  If Kiel wanted to transfer back to ND, there is a stipulation in the NCAA rulebook that allows transfers who transferred to a 4 year school that did not yet partake in any sports related activities to transfer back to the original school and still be eligible to play this year, unbelievable isn't it. This is absolutely true.

My understanding of the ND quarterback situation was that, despite his original 5-star status, Kiel had slid far down the depth-chart and wouldn't have likely seen major action for the forseeable future even with Golson gone, so I seriously doubt he is reconsidering his transfer decision. For some reason, the ND coaches were just not impressed with him.
05-26-2013 09:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.