Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Richmond Dinner with the Dukes
Bookmark and Share
JMUBarry Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: James Madison
This year's event is Thursday June 27th and its at the Westwood Club which is a great location.
Cocktail hour is at 6 PM and a great menu will be served around 7:15.
We have some new/fresh auction items (stay tuned) and we expect both Mickey and Matt to be there as well as Birdsong and Josh Wells.

Register here online
http://www.mmsend52.com/link.cfm?r=20128...CZWEUXY5WY

OR

Call my cell and I can take credit cards over the phone - 804-677-5820.
05-23-2013 04:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMU Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
RE: Richmond Dinner with the Dukes
Bourne needs to be there considering the date is close to July 1st.
05-23-2013 05:56 PM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
(05-23-2013 05:56 PM)JMU Wrote:  Bourne needs to be there considering the date is close to July 1st.

He's probably been gagged after the JMU Sports Blog post!

Seriously though, I'm surprised that he won't be there.
05-23-2013 06:06 PM
JMU Offline
All American

(05-23-2013 06:06 PM)JMU2004 Wrote:  
(05-23-2013 05:56 PM)JMU Wrote:  Bourne needs to be there considering the date is close to July 1st.

He's probably been gagged after the JMU Sports Blog post!

Seriously though, I'm surprised that he won't be there.

No doubt his absence is a sign that we are leaving the CAA. Sort of like the quiet period where top executives can not trade company stock. COGS
05-23-2013 07:16 PM
JMUBarry Offline
Bench Warmer

We were informed that Jeff had a conflict with the date from the start. I wouldn't read too much into it.
05-24-2013 04:46 PM
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

(05-24-2013 04:46 PM)JMUBarry Wrote:  We were informed that Jeff had a conflict with the date from the start. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Ha! You have got to be kidding; don't read anything into that. This is our message board we are talking about here. We read everything into everything.03-lmfao
05-24-2013 05:52 PM
Advertisement

HotHamandCheese84 Offline
Special Teams

Jeff Bourne will be there if he's available. His travel schedule has increased quite a bit over the last several months so he couldn't be a definite yes. The same thing happened last year. He flew into Richmond from the west coast and he was able to attend the dinner. He has been very forthcoming about a number of things.

Based on the events over the last several months, it should be clear (to those that want to open their eyes) that there has been a dramatic change in the role of athletics at JMU. That change can only realistically come from one position at the university: the President.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2013 06:16 PM by HotHamandCheese84.)
05-24-2013 06:15 PM
HolyCityDuke Offline
All American

I Root For: Duke Doge
(05-24-2013 04:46 PM)JMUBarry Wrote:  We were informed that Jeff had a conflict with the date from the start. I wouldn't read too much into it.

He has meetings with the SEC and ACC. Or at least they are planned on his calendar.
05-24-2013 07:41 PM
JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU & Whoever Plays VT
I haven't been to this event in six years ever since Duke Club failed to follow through on either of the silent auction items I won. That being said, there's enough going on with JMU right now that I may actually attend this year just to see if any new information comes out.... or I could just read it on here the next day.
05-28-2013 12:10 AM
JMUBarry Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-28-2013 12:10 AM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  I haven't been to this event in six years ever since Duke Club failed to follow through on either of the silent auction items I won. That being said, there's enough going on with JMU right now that I may actually attend this year just to see if any new information comes out.... or I could just read it on here the next day.

What were the silent auction items? Where was the event that year? I have been involved with this event since 2009, so it was probably prior to my time. Did you pay for the items and still not get them? Lemme know and perhaps there can be some sort of "make right."
Probably better to just email me directly - barry.saadatmand@gmail.com.

PS - I met you in Dayton - hard to forget a guy wearing your costume :)
05-28-2013 03:12 PM
JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU & Whoever Plays VT
(05-28-2013 03:12 PM)JMUBarry Wrote:  
(05-28-2013 12:10 AM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  I haven't been to this event in six years ever since Duke Club failed to follow through on either of the silent auction items I won. That being said, there's enough going on with JMU right now that I may actually attend this year just to see if any new information comes out.... or I could just read it on here the next day.

What were the silent auction items? Where was the event that year? I have been involved with this event since 2009, so it was probably prior to my time. Did you pay for the items and still not get them? Lemme know and perhaps there can be some sort of "make right."

It was in 2007 and I had won either 3 or 6 months of free golf at Windy Hill and an autographed program or picture from one of the players (can't even remember who at this point). It's not that big of a deal, I think it only ended up being a couple hundred bucks or something along that lines and at the time I wasn't a donor (first year out of college), so I just considered it a donation.

I've had a bone to pick with Duke Club since 2004 when I was told I didn't have enough points for tickets to the W&M playoff game, then turned around and saw tickets on sale on e-bay for an exorbinant amount of money from other students and presumably alumni as well. I had attended every home game and one away game that year as a junior in college, but was relegated to watching that game at my apartment in Ashby while friends of mine that had the right "connections" went to their first JMU football game ever.

Regardless, I'm strongly considering attending this year just because it's been a while, but there's certainly nothing that needs to be done to "make it right". Thanks for the offer though! Don't take any of my gripes with DC personally.
05-28-2013 03:32 PM
Advertisement

Special Teams

(05-28-2013 03:32 PM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  
(05-28-2013 03:12 PM)JMUBarry Wrote:  

It was in 2007 and I had won either 3 or 6 months of free golf at Windy Hill and an autographed program or picture from one of the players (can't even remember who at this point). It's not that big of a deal, I think it only ended up being a couple hundred bucks or something along that lines and at the time I wasn't a donor (first year out of college), so I just considered it a donation.

I've had a bone to pick with Duke Club since 2004 when I was told I didn't have enough points for tickets to the W&M playoff game, then turned around and saw tickets on sale on e-bay for an exorbinant amount of money from other students and presumably alumni as well. I had attended every home game and one away game that year as a junior in college, but was relegated to watching that game at my apartment in Ashby while friends of mine that had the right "connections" went to their first JMU football game ever.

Regardless, I'm strongly considering attending this year just because it's been a while, but there's certainly nothing that needs to be done to "make it right". Thanks for the offer though! Don't take any of my gripes with DC personally.

Brother,

I agree with Barry. We can both help make this right. I hate to hear that something like this soured you on the Duke Club or that something 9 years ago is still bugging you. Feel free to contact me as well. I'm in Richmond too. My e-mail is sbrown5683@gmail.com. Come back to the event. You should be pleased.
05-29-2013 08:19 PM
JMUBarry Offline
Bench Warmer

......bump
06-01-2013 08:20 AM
JMUNation Offline
All American

Newbill:

I am with Barry and Steve. I was very involved in the local chapter at the time you are mentioning. Had I known, I would have made it right quickly.

Please come back and join us. It is a great event and the location this year makes it convenient for everyone to attend.
06-01-2013 08:40 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

And...as far as purchasing tickets for any game, playoff or not, go to the game, you'll always be able to get a ticket. I for one hate going through the JMU ticket office for an away game. This has nothing to do with the JMU ticket office, but rather, the tickets the home team gives them to sell are always the worst seats in the house. I like to find out what section has been given to our ticket office to sell, and then I'll call the team we are playing and get tickets right next to the section allocated to JMU. It puts me a little closer to mid-field. Sometimes you can even pay less.
06-02-2013 05:29 AM
Dukester Offline

(06-02-2013 05:29 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  And...as far as purchasing tickets for any game, playoff or not, go to the game, you'll always be able to get a ticket. I for one hate going through the JMU ticket office for an away game. This has nothing to do with the JMU ticket office, but rather, the tickets the home team gives them to sell are always the worst seats in the house. I like to find out what section has been given to our ticket office to sell, and then I'll call the team we are playing and get tickets right next to the section allocated to JMU. It puts me a little closer to mid-field. Sometimes you can even pay less.

Of course you will likely be surrounded by the other team's fans......
06-02-2013 07:44 AM
Advertisement

BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-02-2013 07:44 AM)Dukester Wrote:  
(06-02-2013 05:29 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  And...as far as purchasing tickets for any game, playoff or not, go to the game, you'll always be able to get a ticket. I for one hate going through the JMU ticket office for an away game. This has nothing to do with the JMU ticket office, but rather, the tickets the home team gives them to sell are always the worst seats in the house. I like to find out what section has been given to our ticket office to sell, and then I'll call the team we are playing and get tickets right next to the section allocated to JMU. It puts me a little closer to mid-field. Sometimes you can even pay less.

Of course you will likely be surrounded by the other team's fans......

That can be fun...

In all seriousness, I had a group of about eighteen people who I went with to the last Liberty game. I contacted their ticket office and got tickets for $11.00 each (due to a group discount) right next to the JMU section at the very top of the bottom stands under the overhang. We had Liberty people in front and to our right, JMU fans to our left and no one behind. Seats were about the 30 yard line.

All I'm saying is if you have a pretty good idea about what you are doing, it will pay off. If you don't have a clue, go for the safe bet, the JMU ticket office.

I've always found the opposing team's ticket office to be very helpful. Neither our ticket office nor theirs gives a hoot where you purchase tickets from. Its not a money making deal for JMU. We sell away game tickets only to help our fans obtain tickets, not as a money making deal. Someone in the know can correct me if I'm wrong about this statement.

The last time I bought away game tickets from our ticket office, was the last UNC game. Those were brutal seats looking right into the sun from about as far from the action on the field as you could possibly be. I made the decision right then, this will never happen again...
06-02-2013 09:13 AM
JMUBarry Offline
Bench Warmer

Back on topic - the event is 3 weeks from tomorrow and the registration deadline is Monday 6/24.
Get registered now!

OR

HOTHAMANDCHEESE - can you list out some of the auction items for everyone? We've got some great new ones including an awesome cornhole set....
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 11:04 PM by JMUBarry.)
06-05-2013 11:02 PM
Special Teams

(06-05-2013 11:02 PM)JMUBarry Wrote:  Back on topic - the event is 3 weeks from tomorrow and the registration deadline is Monday 6/24.
Get registered now!

OR

HOTHAMANDCHEESE - can you list out some of the auction items for everyone? We've got some great new ones including an awesome cornhole set....

Below is just a teaser of some of the auction items:

1. 4 suite passes and a parking pass in the garage for any game during the 2013 regular season.

2. Dinner party at Chef Barry's home (a favorite auction item at this event and a wonderful night for family or friends. Barry does this right).

3. A custom made JMU cornhole set that will look great at any tailgate event. There is no other cornhole set that looks this great anywhere.

We are expecting a number of additional, new items. We will not have another football helmet and there are some other items from the past that are coming out of the rotation.
06-06-2013 06:00 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Sounds like some awesome items. I know I had some great food from Barry last year before the season opener when I was a walking zombie. Good stuff.
06-06-2013 07:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.