Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ice Cold Beer!
Bookmark and Share
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
Ice Cold Beer!
Channel 13 is reporting that Toledo is considering selling beer at football and basketball games.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2013 04:25 PM by SylvaniaRocket.)
05-21-2013 04:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tampabayrocketfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U of Toledo
RE: Ice Cold Beer!
05-21-2013 04:24 PM
Special Teams

UT is considering many things to improve the overall experience. I am a 42 year old man and I want to have some cold beer when I attend sporting events. This is a great move!
05-21-2013 04:25 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
I don't like it. There are too many students (and let's face it, some adults too) who don't know how to handle their alcohol. Get ready for puking, immaturity, and more childish behavior from students. And I don't understand why people want to spend $7-$8 on beer when it doesn't even taste good, and when you would need to spend a ton of money to get/stay drunk/tipsy.

I hope UTPD and usher watch this closely, and throws out anyone who acts stupidly drunk.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2013 04:45 PM by MidnightBlueGold.)
05-21-2013 04:42 PM
Advertisement

#ToledoRockets Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Ice Cold Beer!
I'm sure this will mean an increase in security. Also probably means they will be more strict at the gate on what people are sneaking in. Overall I love it.
05-21-2013 05:16 PM
TampaRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Love it...great move!
05-21-2013 05:31 PM
Rocket Pirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: Seton Hall
(05-21-2013 04:42 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  I don't like it. There are too many students (and let's face it, some adults too) who don't know how to handle their alcohol. Get ready for puking, immaturity, and more childish behavior from students. And I don't understand why people want to spend $7-$8 on beer when it doesn't even taste good, and when you would need to spend a ton of money to get/stay drunk/tipsy.

I hope UTPD and usher watch this closely, and throws out anyone who acts stupidly drunk.

Students won't pay that much for beer. Also, students sneak in a lot of alcohol now and there hasn't been much of a problem with puking and immaturity that impact the game or those outside of the student section.

I think it will attract fans to the concession stands and with the beer prices, it would bring in a nice jolt of cash.
05-21-2013 06:45 PM
Advertisement

Special Teams

(05-21-2013 04:42 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  I don't like it. There are too many students (and let's face it, some adults too) who don't know how to handle their alcohol. Get ready for puking, immaturity, and more childish behavior from students. And I don't understand why people want to spend $7-$8 on beer when it doesn't even taste good, and when you would need to spend a ton of money to get/stay drunk/tipsy.

21 year olds can buy beer at every other venue for sports. Baseball. Hockey. Football, etc. There are more then just students to think about in this decision.
05-21-2013 07:07 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Personally, I think the alcohol policy has been fine just the way it has been for years. You don't have people spilling beer on you in the stands and on the steps. The atmosphere is loose enough. There don't seem to be many sloppy drunks. Why change a good thing?

I know, the revenues. But, I don't see it really improving the fan experience. Depends on how they do it, though. Doesn't Akron have a designated area where you purchase and consume? That would be a good thing to do. That way you don't have people spilling beer all over you when they're edging down the row to their seat.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2013 07:42 PM by Toledo Football 1st.)
05-21-2013 07:36 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

well, my only thing is, as if the concession lines weren't bad enough already..........
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2013 08:01 PM by T4C8.)
05-21-2013 08:01 PM
Advertisement

MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(05-21-2013 08:01 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  well, my only thing is, as if the concession lines weren't bad enough already..........

Hopefully they have alcohol only stands. I'm not gonna be waiting in line for something to eat in a line that is twice as long because of beer.
05-21-2013 11:24 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
I'm torn here so I am going to wait for the voice of reason to weigh in and when I have his opinion I'll give mine. King Bob?
05-22-2013 08:14 AM
DetroitRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For:
From today's Blade Story:

Men’s basketball last year outdrew all but one MAC team. A few cold ones however could numb the university’s pain of slashing its budget by a projected $14 million to $17 million.

Are we talking about UT's budget (thought it was $31M), or the athletic budget?

http://www.toledoblade.com/UT/2013/05/22...enues.html
05-22-2013 08:19 AM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(05-22-2013 08:14 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  I'm torn here so I am going to wait for the voice of reason to weigh in and when I have his opinion I'll give mine. King Bob?

King Bob has stepped out to celebrate the good news. He'll be back around August. 03-lmfao
05-22-2013 11:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.