Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Scoreboards/Video Boards
Bookmark and Share
CajunJuice Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ragin' Cajuns
Scoreboards/Video Boards
The Cajuns just installed a brand new $375,000 HD Videoboard/Scoreboard at the baseball field just in time for the Conference Tournament. It's massive and is pretty impressive.

I know there are other videoboards in the conference but I wasn't sure who had them. For the sake of conversation... let's keep it just to BASEBALL fields, who in the SBC has new or nice big scoreboards? Post pics if you have em...

Here is the Cajuns new Scoreboard... keep in mind that it's not done yet, after the conf. tourny, in the offseason they plan on bricking the entire thing in to match the rest of our ballpark, as well as adding the big Cajuns clock atop the scoreboard as we had with the old one.

[Image: IMG-20130519-00017_zps90d7d2f1.jpg]
05-20-2013 02:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
RE: Scoreboards/Video Boards
[Image: Troy_University_baseball_2.JPG]
05-20-2013 02:40 PM
BLEEDITRED Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Edit: Skully has a better shot of it.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2013 02:55 PM by BLEEDITRED.)
05-20-2013 02:41 PM
CajunJuice Offline
2nd String

For comparison's sake, here is a pic of our old scoreboard that bad many a bulb burnt out LMAO. This scoreboard had just turned 15 years old. Needless to say, Cajun fans are pretty excited about the new board.
[Image: Lafayette_-_Scoreboard_V2T.jpg]
05-20-2013 02:42 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
(05-20-2013 02:35 PM)CajunJuice Wrote:  The Cajuns just installed a brand new $375,000 HD Videoboard/Scoreboard at the baseball field just in time for the Conference Tournament. It's massive and is pretty impressive.

I know there are other videoboards in the conference but I wasn't sure who had them. For the sake of conversation... let's keep it just to BASEBALL fields, who in the SBC has new or nice big scoreboards? Post pics if you have em...

Here is the Cajuns new Scoreboard... keep in mind that it's not done yet, after the conf. tourny, in the offseason they plan on bricking the entire thing in to match the rest of our ballpark, as well as adding the big Cajuns clock atop the scoreboard as we had with the old one.

Thats a sweet spot to watch a game from
05-20-2013 02:47 PM
BLEEDITRED Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-20-2013 02:47 PM)slycat Wrote:  
(05-20-2013 02:35 PM)CajunJuice Wrote:  The Cajuns just installed a brand new $375,000 HD Videoboard/Scoreboard at the baseball field just in time for the Conference Tournament. It's massive and is pretty impressive.

Folding chairs though? C'mon! Lol
05-20-2013 02:49 PM
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

Not great pics, but these are ones I have on my phone:

[Image: null-3.png]

[Image: null-2.png]
05-20-2013 02:52 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
(05-20-2013 02:49 PM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  

Lol missed those
05-20-2013 02:53 PM
CajunJuice Offline
2nd String

Haha, that's part of the Cajun Cooking Club down the 1st Base line... and you're right it IS a sweet spot. And yes the folding chairs are whack, but hey... those boxes down the lines are some of the most unique spots to catch a game from... people pay a pretty penny to sit in those boxes. Checkout a view from the box seats down the opposite baseline...
[Image: tiguecrowd_zps6d2da510.jpg]
05-20-2013 02:57 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana

Part of the reason UL has the best home field environment is because of the Cajun Cooking Club has their own covered picnic area with their own seating. There are no stadium seats to sell in that area. Now laugh if you must, they feed visiting teams and are part of the reason we have led the SBC in attendance for a number of years. Now let's hope you guys continue the choke job in Lafayette you began in Troy this past weekend!03-lmfao
05-20-2013 03:34 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-20-2013 03:34 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  

Part of the reason UL has the best home field environment is because of the Cajun Cooking Club has their own covered picnic area with their own seating. There are no stadium seats to sell in that area. Now laugh if you must, they feed visiting teams and are part of the reason we have led the SBC in attendance for a number of years. Now let's hope you guys continue the choke job in Lafayette you began in Troy this past weekend!03-lmfao

They didn't "choke" in Troy... It was at USA...

And Troy played lights out! We wanted it more.
FYI... We played the top 5 in the conference ON THE ROAD and still won.
05-20-2013 03:39 PM
Advertisement

trojanbrutha Offline
Beltbbs Troy Football INsider

That happened at Stanky Field, I'll have you know...03-snooty
05-20-2013 03:40 PM
CajunJuice Offline
2nd String

(05-20-2013 03:39 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  

Well you did lose 2 out of 3 at UL for what it's worth.
05-20-2013 03:48 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

We didn't choke when we took 2 of 3 from Louisiana in Lafayette or 2 of 3 from Troy in Troy.
05-20-2013 03:49 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-20-2013 03:48 PM)CajunJuice Wrote:  
(05-20-2013 03:39 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  
(05-20-2013 02:47 PM)slycat Wrote:  Thats a sweet spot to watch a game from

Well you did lose 2 out of 3 at UL for what it's worth.

We did we did... And y'all lost to USA lol.

And I'm glad Louisiana is on USA side. They play y'all better than we do. We had a bad weekend with UL.
05-20-2013 03:52 PM
CajunJuice Offline
2nd String

(05-20-2013 03:49 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  

We didn't choke when we took 2 of 3 from Louisiana in Lafayette or 2 of 3 from Troy in Troy.

Haha, saw that response coming from a mile away as soon as I read Crazycajun's post.

I think the moral of the story here, is that anybody can beat anybody on any given day in this league. It's just the reality of the situation. I feel confidence in this UL team because we played very well at home this season... but I know in a tournament format it's a crapshoot.

May the best team prevail! The good news is it looks like all three of UL, TROY and South Alabama are pretty much locks to make the Regionals. FAU may even sneak an at-large bid. So overall we should be happy no matter how the tourny ends up.
05-20-2013 03:59 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-20-2013 03:59 PM)CajunJuice Wrote:  
(05-20-2013 02:47 PM)slycat Wrote:  Thats a sweet spot to watch a game from

Haha, saw that response coming from a mile away as soon as I read Crazycajun's post.

I think the moral of the story here, is that anybody can beat anybody on any given day in this league. It's just the reality of the situation. I feel confidence in this UL team because we played very well at home this season... but I know in a tournament format it's a crapshoot.

May the best team prevail! The good news is it looks like all three of UL, TROY and South Alabama are pretty much locks to make the Regionals. FAU may even sneak an at-large bid. So overall we should be happy no matter how the tourny ends up.

Agreed. I'm excited.... And if we play on Sunday I'm coming to Lafayette with a couple others. Y'all will have to show me
Around campus.
05-20-2013 04:10 PM
CajunJuice Offline
2nd String

(05-20-2013 04:10 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  
(05-20-2013 02:49 PM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  Folding chairs though? C'mon! Lol

Agreed. I'm excited.... And if we play on Sunday I'm coming to Lafayette with a couple others. Y'all will have to show me
Around campus.

If it that happens I'll be glad to do so.
05-20-2013 04:42 PM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
Took this Sunday. It was hazy due to Mexican fires. (happens every year) so it looks blurry. This used to be in the NEZ at the football stadium thus, converted to accomodate baseball

[Image: 8758542763_e397e0e410_c.jpg]

pictures of players, intros, fun stuff, videos on the top.
overall yearly and game stats for players at the bottom
05-20-2013 04:43 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-20-2013 04:42 PM)CajunJuice Wrote:  
(05-20-2013 04:10 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  
(05-20-2013 03:34 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  Part of the reason UL has the best home field environment is because of the Cajun Cooking Club has their own covered picnic area with their own seating. There are no stadium seats to sell in that area. Now laugh if you must, they feed visiting teams and are part of the reason we have led the SBC in attendance for a number of years. Now let's hope you guys continue the choke job in Lafayette you began in Troy this past weekend!03-lmfao

Around campus.

If it that happens I'll be glad to do so.

I will keep ya in mind. Im hoping we can make it...We now have a target on our backs...And 9 times out of 10 the regular season champ does not make it.
05-20-2013 04:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.