UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UAB's rep - not athletics related but neat
BTR Offline
The Royal Order of Rooster

I Root For: UAB!!!

Folding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardDonators
UAB's rep - not athletics related but neat
It is amazing the reputation UAB has here at the hospital. I am in the top hospital in Peru and I sport my UAB t-shirts instead of my UAB gown. The doctors here all ask about UAB and my main doctor has encouraged me to go to UAB for a second opinion. She is the most humble doctor I have ever worked with. She has spent hours with us comforting us.

On Saturday night she came in and said, "You need to go to UAB. It is one of the top medical centers in the world. You have a company that will pay to get you there. If I were you, I would go there." Here is the kicker... she said, "I hope you go there and they say, those crazy Peruvian doctors.. how can they have missed this. I hope I am wrong, I hope all of the experts are wrong and THAT WE CAN LEARN THAT WE MISSED IT and you have something else."

I am not around too many doctors but I don't ever think I have been around one that says, I hope they prove me wrong. This weekend was a stinky weekend. Friday I was having problems walking and no strength in my arms. Saturday I was pretty good and yesterday things fell apart again. If my labs are good this morning, I have a muscle biopsy. They also gather the entire team this morning to look at all of my pages of labs. Nearly all of the really odd labwork should be back in this morning.

We all love our UAB athletics but is a big deal to me to see how much respect UAB medical school's program gets overseas. All of my residents say they would love to be able to go there.

Go Blazers!!!
05-20-2013 06:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: UAB's rep - not athletics related but neat
Like Jesus said, "A prophet is now without honor except in his own land."

Everywhere I go outside Alabama I hear how awesome UAB is.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2013 08:45 AM by Smaug.)
05-20-2013 08:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I need to borrow that statement. It is very true.
05-20-2013 09:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

I Root For: UAB
(05-20-2013 08:44 AM)Smaug Wrote:  Like Jesus said, "A prophet is now without honor except in his own land."

+1
05-20-2013 07:53 PM
GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
(05-20-2013 07:53 PM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  
(05-20-2013 08:44 AM)Smaug Wrote:  Like Jesus said, "A prophet is now without honor except in his own land."

+1
The quote is a little confusing the way it is written, try:
"A prophet is not without honor except in his own town and in his own home."-Matthew 13:57
http://biblehub.com/matthew/13-57.htm
05-20-2013 09:45 PM
GreenHornet33 Offline
All American

I Root For: Jackson State Tigers

01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs
05-21-2013 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.