Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Some" B1G members want to/may have to cut ties with ND
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
"Some" B1G members want to/may have to cut ties with ND
According to Adam Rittenberg.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id...-nd-msu-nd

Quote:The buzz around much of the Big Ten is to cut ties with Notre Dame altogether. The Irish didn't want to be in the Big Ten. They got a deal from the ACC they'd NEVER get from the Big Ten. So why should Big Ten teams keep playing Notre Dame?

Reads to me like someone got their feelings hurt and now want to quit playing ND in every sport.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 10:11 AM by Dasville.)
05-10-2013 09:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CK42NC Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNC
RE: B1G wants to cut ties with ND
THANK YOU BIG! eliminate games with ND and they back fill with ACC games, we may see ND as full member after all !?
05-10-2013 09:42 AM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
I think this all stems from ND cutting its series with Purdue....

03-idea
05-10-2013 09:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
I sure hope they don't stop playing my Spartans, I'd miss that rivalry.
05-10-2013 09:47 AM
JunkYardCard Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
If ND wants games in the Midwest, something tells me Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern and even Ohio State would have a hard time passing up the big game. There is no way the B1G could get a conference-wide boycott to stick.
05-10-2013 09:51 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
This attitude is really cutting your nose to spite your face...smh.
05-10-2013 09:55 AM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(05-10-2013 09:42 AM)CK42NC Wrote:  THANK YOU BIG! eliminate games with ND and they back fill with ACC games, we may see ND as full member after all !?
No they will back fill with one more PAC game, one more service academy, and B.Y.U..

Plus, if the Irish start getting even more Southern recruits the B1G might not want to risk playing them. They are on an upswing and having one of your Big 2 teams losing to them annually could be very detrimental to the new playoff scenario for Delany and crew.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 09:58 AM by JRsec.)
05-10-2013 09:56 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
if ND didn't play any Big Ten teams-
5 ACC games
Navy
USC
Stanford

right there is 8 games every year. Assuming the Navy game is offset with the ACC odd game, 4 home and 4 away. They'd have room for 1 more either away or neutral site game and then 3 home games.
05-10-2013 09:57 AM
curtis0620 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pitt
If the B1G did this, I think ND would go to 6 ACC games. I think Texas, AF/Army and maybe another PAC12 game.
05-10-2013 10:01 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I find it interesting that the B1G wants to "cut ties altogether", not just football. I think this might have something to do with the possible ACCN.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 10:05 AM by Dasville.)
05-10-2013 10:03 AM
Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
The title of the thread is EXTREMELY misleading and should be changed. Did you guys read the full article? While Rittenberg threw that line in there about "buzz around the league" (whatever that means), they then go on for several more paragraphs that it's ultimately up to Purdue and Michigan to figure it out as individual schools. Sure, it's easy for Iowa or my alma mater Illinois to say "cut ties with Notre Dame" when they don't play them in anything (and I wouldn't be surprised if that sentiment exists with that group). At the end of the day, though, it's up to the individual schools to figure out their non-conference schedules. The only people that matter about "cutting ties with Notre Dame" are Purdue and Michigan State as opposed to the Big Ten itself.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 10:06 AM by Frank the Tank.)
05-10-2013 10:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
(05-10-2013 10:03 AM)Dasville Wrote:  I find it interesting that the B1G wants to "cut ties altogether", not just football. I think this might have something to do with the possible ACCN.

You're reading WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much into that "buzz" reference (which isn't even a quote). I'll leave it at that.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 10:07 AM by Frank the Tank.)
05-10-2013 10:07 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(05-10-2013 10:01 AM)curtis0620 Wrote:  If the B1G did this, I think ND would go to 6 ACC games. I think Texas, AF/Army and maybe another PAC12 game.

don't think there's a chance of that. going to 6 ACC games would mean every other year, they would have zero flexibility for a road/neutral site game. That just isn't happening.
05-10-2013 10:12 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

RE: "Some" B1G members want to/may have to cut ties with ND
(05-10-2013 10:04 AM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  The title of the thread is EXTREMELY misleading and should be changed. Did you guys read the full article? While Rittenberg threw that line in there about "buzz around the league" (whatever that means), they then go on for several more paragraphs that it's ultimately up to Purdue and Michigan to figure it out as individual schools. Sure, it's easy for Iowa or my alma mater Illinois to say "cut ties with Notre Dame" when they don't play them in anything (and I wouldn't be surprised if that sentiment exists with that group). At the end of the day, though, it's up to the individual schools to figure out their non-conference schedules. The only people that matter about "cutting ties with Notre Dame" are Purdue and Michigan State as opposed to the Big Ten itself.

fair enough, done!
05-10-2013 10:12 AM
RUScarlets Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
(05-10-2013 09:42 AM)CK42NC Wrote:  THANK YOU BIG! eliminate games with ND and they back fill with ACC games, we may see ND as full member after all !?

I think ND and UConn/UC end up in the ACC at some point.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 10:14 AM by RUScarlets.)
05-10-2013 10:13 AM
SeaBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Michigan
BUZZ Wrote:The buzz around much of the Big Ten is to cut ties with Notre Dame altogether.

Solid source.
05-10-2013 10:13 AM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

I think if the Big Ten were to do this, you would see a lot of those neutral site games held in places such as Chicago, Cincy, Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis, etc. where ND would be able to maintain their midwest ties.
05-10-2013 10:20 AM
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

I Root For: UK, Lipscomb
(05-10-2013 09:56 AM)JRsec Wrote:  
No they will back fill with one more PAC game, one more service academy, and B.Y.U..

Plus, if the Irish start getting even more Southern recruits the B1G might not want to risk playing them. They are on an upswing and having one of your Big 2 teams losing to them annually could be very detrimental to the new playoff scenario for Delany and crew.

I agree with JR... Notre Dame has EXACTLY what they want right now with the ACC, which is a live-in girlfriend but no ring on the finger. They are going to ride that as long as possible. If the B1G ends up fading away, I would think a game every year in Texas makes a lot of sense, and they have plenty of schools to choose from. Baylor, TCU, SMU, and Rice would likely all agree to at Notre Dame/Jerry Dome or Reliant Park arrangements. The ACC already gives them frequent access into the Southeast and the Northeast. California is locked down with Stanford/USC. Notre Dame will be fine.
05-10-2013 10:25 AM
bluesox Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Dumb, Michigan state and Purdue should never cut ties in football if possible. I don't know why MSU and ND don't play in hoops either. The only other ties in football/hoops that make sense is IU for hoops and UM for football. Maybe Northwestern could work too but ND really doesn't need to worry if the big 10 goes hostile.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 10:50 AM by bluesox.)
05-10-2013 10:50 AM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
(05-10-2013 10:04 AM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  Did you guys read the full article?

Since when do we ever do that?

05-stirthepot
05-10-2013 10:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.