Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Games over the internet
SouthernBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Games over the internet
Does anyone know how we will be able to see AAC football and basketball games over the internet? Will games be blacked out? Will we be able to see all of our teams football and basketball games through some type of online service?
05-10-2013 08:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
RE: Games over the internet
I'm guessing it will be whatever that ESPN streaming service is called now. It will be a lot better than all access.
05-10-2013 08:51 AM
MechaKnight Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF, UAB, Army
Our football contract is with ESPN, so most of our games will be available via WatchESPN if you're subscribed to an affiliated cable provider.
05-10-2013 08:56 AM
SouthernBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(05-10-2013 08:56 AM)MechaKnight Wrote:  Our football contract is with ESPN, so most of our games will be available via WatchESPN if you're subscribed to an affiliated cable provider.

What if we are not. There are a lot of people out here that have Direct TV
05-10-2013 09:14 AM
MechaKnight Offline
1st String

(05-10-2013 09:14 AM)SouthernBlue Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 08:56 AM)MechaKnight Wrote:  Our football contract is with ESPN, so most of our games will be available via WatchESPN if you're subscribed to an affiliated cable provider.

There are always illegal means of catching the games online, but there isn't a stable link for that. They're always getting shut down and then popping back up somewhere else so you pretty much have to start looking the day of the game.
05-10-2013 09:20 AM
Advertisement

Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
Maybe I am a pessimist but I expect to ONLY be able to see our games over the internet.
05-10-2013 09:28 AM
whitey Offline
1st String

I Root For: a playoff
(05-10-2013 08:47 AM)SouthernBlue Wrote:  Does anyone know how we will be able to see AAC football and basketball games over the internet? Will games be blacked out? Will we be able to see all of our teams football and basketball games through some type of online service?

Bookmark this link from Europe. Make sure you close all ads on video screen. Don't accept any of them. Other than that it's safe. Shows every game & all sports.
http://www.firstrow1.eu/
05-11-2013 09:50 PM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
(05-10-2013 09:14 AM)SouthernBlue Wrote:  

In ESPN's infinite brilliance, they don't have DirecTV as a provider for the app
05-11-2013 10:13 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(05-10-2013 09:28 AM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  Maybe I am a pessimist but I expect to ONLY be able to see our games over the internet.

Starting in 2014--every game will be televised. Sixty of 65 games will be nationally televised on either ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN-U or other national networks that reach at least 75 million homes (the only sports networks that qualify are Fox Sports-1 and NBC-Sports). Of the 60 nationally televised games, only a few will be on networks other than the ABC/ESPN family. Any AAC game shifted to another network not owned by ESPN/ABC will still be available on ESPN-3.

You are being very pessimistic. The reason ESPN/ABC has room to show all these AAC games is the new SEC network. Remember, in 2015 the new SEC network will begin showing 45 SEC games that would normally have been on ABC/ESPN. in 2014, ESPN may move more of the AAC inventory to Fox Sports-1 and NBC-Sports. After 2014, that won't happen much. ESPN is going to need that AAC inventory.
05-12-2013 03:19 AM
Advertisement

MechaKnight Offline
1st String

(05-12-2013 03:19 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 09:28 AM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  Maybe I am a pessimist but I expect to ONLY be able to see our games over the internet.

Starting in 2014--every game will be televised. Sixty of 65 games will be nationally televised on either ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN-U or other national networks that reach at least 75 million homes (the only sports networks that qualify are Fox Sports-1 and NBC-Sports). Of the 60 nationally televised games, only a few will be on networks other than the ABC/ESPN family. Any AAC game shifted to another network not owned by ESPN/ABC will still be available on ESPN-3.

You are being very pessimistic. The reason ESPN/ABC has room to show all these AAC games is the new SEC network. Remember, in 2015 the new SEC network will begin showing 45 SEC games that would normally have been on ABC/ESPN. in 2014, ESPN may move more of the AAC inventory to Fox Sports-1 and NBC-Sports. After 2014, that won't happen much. ESPN is going to need that AAC inventory.

That's great for those 60 of 66 conference games, but how do our media rights work for OOC games played at AAC schools?
05-12-2013 10:35 AM
ECMAN79 Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
(05-12-2013 10:35 AM)MechaKnight Wrote:  

That's great for those 60 of 66 conference games, but how do our media rights work for OOC games played at AAC schools?

should be the same thing...ESPN has rights to them.
05-12-2013 10:40 AM
JDTulane Online
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
ESPN3
05-12-2013 10:46 AM
Knightshift Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(05-11-2013 09:50 PM)whitey Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 08:47 AM)SouthernBlue Wrote:  Does anyone know how we will be able to see AAC football and basketball games over the internet? Will games be blacked out? Will we be able to see all of our teams football and basketball games through some type of online service?

Bookmark this link from Europe. Make sure you close all ads on video screen. Don't accept any of them. Other than that it's safe. Shows every game & all sports.

Be careful with this site. It's known for spreading malware.
05-12-2013 12:02 PM
Advertisement

whitey Offline
1st String

I Root For: a playoff
(05-12-2013 12:02 PM)Knightshift Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 09:50 PM)whitey Wrote:  

Be careful with this site. It's known for spreading malware.

That's why I said close everything. Been using it for awhile now & no problems.
05-12-2013 09:29 PM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
(05-12-2013 10:35 AM)MechaKnight Wrote:  

Any game where the conference team is at home (or considered home for a neutral site) is a game covered by the conference's media rights. The 66 games roughly covers all of the conference's home games, regardless of OOC or in-conference opponents.
05-12-2013 09:58 PM
Knightshift Offline
1st String

(05-10-2013 08:51 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I'm guessing it will be whatever that ESPN streaming service is called now. It will be a lot better than all access.

I am very curious as to what the digital options will be. I looked at several current Big East schools, and several of them use All-Access for their streaming services. 03-puke

My biggest "area of need" for streaming games are basketball road games and all of baseball season. It's probably not realistic that every basketball, and especially baseball, game can be streamed on ESPN3, so I'm curious as to what the options will be.
05-13-2013 07:31 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

(05-13-2013 07:31 AM)Knightshift Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 08:51 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I'm guessing it will be whatever that ESPN streaming service is called now. It will be a lot better than all access.

I am very curious as to what the digital options will be. I looked at several current Big East schools, and several of them use All-Access for their streaming services. 03-puke

My biggest "area of need" for streaming games are basketball road games and all of baseball season. It's probably not realistic that every basketball, and especially baseball, game can be streamed on ESPN3, so I'm curious as to what the options will be.

Here's the conf press release from March where they explain what the new football (2014) and new basketball TV deal (starting this fall) will cover....including, for the above bold: (note: ESPN3 is considered "televised" but not included in the national broadcast or national cable breakdown)

In men’s basketball, all conference controlled games will be televised.

More than 63 percent of the games will be carried on national broadcast or national cable, which will be a minimum of 107 games.

The entire conference postseason basketball tournament will be on national television. The championship game will be televised on ABC or ESPN.

In women’s basketball, there is tremendous national and regional coverage.

Nearly 60 games will be televised on national cable, regional sports networks and ESPN3, including the entire women’s basketball postseason tournament. Eighteen regular-season games will be televised nationally.

The women’s basketball tournament championship game will be on ESPN or ESPN2. The semifinals also will be on national cable.

Here's the link which includes the entire breakdown...including football and other olympic sports.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...basketball
05-13-2013 08:01 AM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

Per the Big East press release EVERY one of the ACC, home basketball games will be televised. Of those 170 games (107 will be broadcast nationally). The rest will be available on regional television. Per the ESPN press release, every AAC basketball game included in the ESPN package (170) regardless of national or regional tv will be avaiable on an ESPN platform. Thus, even regional or national games that are sublicensed to other networks will still be available on ESPN-3. The only exclusion from this is the CBS national broadcast package. ESPN3 wont have any access to those.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2013 09:15 AM by Attackcoog.)
05-13-2013 09:13 AM
Knightshift Offline
1st String

(05-13-2013 08:01 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  

Here's the conf press release from March where they explain what the new football (2014) and new basketball TV deal (starting this fall) will cover....including, for the above bold: (note: ESPN3 is considered "televised" but not included in the national broadcast or national cable breakdown)

In men’s basketball, all conference controlled games will be televised.

More than 63 percent of the games will be carried on national broadcast or national cable, which will be a minimum of 107 games.

The entire conference postseason basketball tournament will be on national television. The championship game will be televised on ABC or ESPN.

In women’s basketball, there is tremendous national and regional coverage.

Nearly 60 games will be televised on national cable, regional sports networks and ESPN3, including the entire women’s basketball postseason tournament. Eighteen regular-season games will be televised nationally.

The women’s basketball tournament championship game will be on ESPN or ESPN2. The semifinals also will be on national cable.

Here's the link which includes the entire breakdown...including football and other olympic sports.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...basketball

That's cool, but I still think "63%" will leave the majority of UCF road games not televised. I get that there are several bigger TV draws in the AAC than UCF, which is why I hope there are good digital options.
05-13-2013 09:21 AM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
Not sure what the fuss is about here.....

I've very rarely had a problem finding a free stream over the internet. I don't prefer this option but I can get ECU games 90% of the time, even basketball. With our future ESPN deal this will be even easier.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2013 09:29 AM by blunderbuss.)
05-13-2013 09:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.