East:
South Carolina
Georgia

Florida
Missouri
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

Kentucky

The breaks show where the competition for positioning will occur.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 09:20 AM by JRsec.)
05-10-2013 09:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

I Root For: UK, Lipscomb
RE: My 2013 Predictions - Name Yours Too
Wish I could disagree with you both about Kentucky. I love what Stoops is doing in recruiting, though, so I am optimistic about the next year or two. If Missouri finds themselves back with us in the bottom tier this year, Pinkel may need to update that resume.

Because of the schedule and a gut feeling that Saban will be OCD this year because of losing to TAMU last year, I'll take them to win again. He still has the pieces to get it done on the field.
05-10-2013 09:56 AM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(05-10-2013 09:56 AM)bigblueblindness Wrote:  Wish I could disagree with you both about Kentucky. I love what Stoops is doing in recruiting, though, so I am optimistic about the next year or two. If Missouri finds themselves back with us in the bottom tier this year, Pinkel may need to update that resume.

Because of the schedule and a gut feeling that Saban will be OCD this year because of losing to TAMU last year, I'll take them to win again. He still has the pieces to get it done on the field.
I think Kentucky will improve this year from the past few years. I think you got a great coach. My opinion is that the Wildcats are about two years from being at least a middle tier team in the east. I am worried about that game this year.04-cheers
05-10-2013 11:43 AM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
1 LSU
2 aTm
3 Bama
4 Ole Miss
5 Arkansas
6 Auburn
7 Miss St

1 South Carolina
2 UGA
3 Florida
4 Vandy
5 Mizzou
6 Kentucky
7 Tennessee

wow is the West stacked. Just incredible that I picked a program like Auburn to finish 6th.
05-10-2013 01:03 PM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
Kind of a shot in the dark with some of the west schools, but here goes:

South Carolina
Georgia
Florida
Missouri
Vandy
Kentucky
Tennessee

Alabama
A&M
LSU
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Auburn
Miss St
05-11-2013 12:02 AM
Zombiewoof Offline
1st String

I Root For: players
My guess

West
Alabama
LSU
Texas A&M
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Mississippi State
Auburn

East
South Carolina
Georgia
Florida
Missouri
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
Kentucky

IMHO, top three in either division could finish in any order and it wouldn't be a shock. The same would be true of the next four -- any one of them could end up fourth or last. I believe Ole Miss is a year away from making a move to contend. Florida is the team I think everyone, including me, is kind of sleeping on. They may not win the East, but they may make life miserable for a couple of teams with title hopes.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 01:35 AM by Zombiewoof.)
05-12-2013 01:34 AM
Advertisement

Blue Dynasty Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kentucky
2013-14 predictions: I think Vanderbilt, Missouri, Arkansas and Tennessee are all gonna be postseason contenders, but will be a great battle at the top between Kentucky and Florida.

What? Football? oh, carry on :)

I kid, but I really am optimistic that the Cats are on the right track. Recruiting has been dynamite for us so far in the Stoops regime. And I think we will not finish 7th in the East!

And my real football predictions are:

Bama, LSU, TAMU, Ole Miss, Arky, AU, MSU
USC, UGa, UF, VU, Mizzou, UK, UT
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 01:56 AM by Blue Dynasty.)
05-12-2013 01:50 AM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

(05-12-2013 01:50 AM)Blue Dynasty Wrote:  2013-14 predictions: I think Vanderbilt, Missouri, Arkansas and Tennessee are all gonna be postseason contenders, but will be a great battle at the top between Kentucky and Florida.

I kid, but I really am optimistic that the Cats are on the right track. Recruiting has been dynamite for us so far in the Stoops regime. And I think we will not finish 7th in the East!

You guys scored big time with that QB recruit...
05-12-2013 12:38 PM
Blue Dynasty Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kentucky
(05-12-2013 12:38 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 01:50 AM)Blue Dynasty Wrote:  2013-14 predictions: I think Vanderbilt, Missouri, Arkansas and Tennessee are all gonna be postseason contenders, but will be a great battle at the top between Kentucky and Florida.

I know, we are very excited by what's going on, it's big time for us. You know, take this for what it's worth, but there was a study recently by Emory University that ranked which schools, pound for pound, do the best with 4 and 5 star talent - as in, who gets the most elite talent to the next level, relative to how many they get. UK ranked at the top of the list, with Oregon State second, and those two were surprisingly far ahead of most the rest of the field in terms of percentages. May not have much to do with anything, but I find it very interesting nonetheless, and anything us poor UK fans can hang our hats on in the football world :)

Speaking of recruiting, we got another announcement tonight, that we're both among the final five on, Medic. Lonnie Johnson, 4-star WR, set to pick between Ohio State, Purdue, Indiana, Mizzou and UK tonight. Hoping one of us gets him from the Big Tenners!
05-12-2013 02:08 PM
Advertisement

USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

(05-12-2013 02:08 PM)Blue Dynasty Wrote:  

I know, we are very excited by what's going on, it's big time for us. You know, take this for what it's worth, but there was a study recently by Emory University that ranked which schools, pound for pound, do the best with 4 and 5 star talent - as in, who gets the most elite talent to the next level, relative to how many they get. UK ranked at the top of the list, with Oregon State second, and those two were surprisingly far ahead of most the rest of the field in terms of percentages. May not have much to do with anything, but I find it very interesting nonetheless, and anything us poor UK fans can hang our hats on in the football world :)

Speaking of recruiting, we got another announcement tonight, that we're both among the final five on, Medic. Lonnie Johnson, 4-star WR, set to pick between Ohio State, Purdue, Indiana, Mizzou and UK tonight. Hoping one of us gets him from the Big Tenners!
As long as he keeps it in the family...lol Just saw it. He chose Ohio State.... boring.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 11:44 PM by USAFMEDIC.)
05-12-2013 11:41 PM
Zombiewoof Offline
1st String

(05-12-2013 11:41 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 02:08 PM)Blue Dynasty Wrote:  

As long as he keeps it in the family...lol Just saw it. He chose Ohio State.... boring.

It ain't over 'til Feb. when they sign the letter, so he could still flip.
05-13-2013 12:50 AM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
Kind of a shot in the dark with some of the west schools, but here goes:

South Carolina
Georgia
Missouri
Florida
Vandy
Kentucky
Tennessee

A&M
Alabama
LSU
Miss St
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Auburn

I think SCAR wins the Championship Game b/c Johnny Football's crazy antics will be negated once Jadeveon lays hands on him.

Question..who's the more hateable SEC coach, Spurrier or Saban?
05-13-2013 07:42 AM
Advertisement

Zombiewoof Offline
1st String

(05-13-2013 07:42 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  Question..who's the more hateable SEC coach, Spurrier or Saban?

That deserves a thread of its own!!
05-13-2013 08:52 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(05-13-2013 07:42 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  Kind of a shot in the dark with some of the west schools, but here goes:

South Carolina
Georgia
Missouri
Florida
Vandy
Kentucky
Tennessee

A&M
Alabama
LSU
Miss St
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Auburn

I think SCAR wins the Championship Game b/c Johnny Football's crazy antics will be negated once Jadeveon lays hands on him.

Question..who's the more hateable SEC coach, Spurrier or Saban?

Saban. He actually lacks a happy chip in his computer. Spurrier is at least fun to watch even if you hate him. Plus Spurrier doesn't have short man's complex and actually had a distinguished playing career (in the SEC) so he has a bit more to chirp about.
05-13-2013 12:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.