Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SEC Check in Thread
Bookmark and Share
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
SEC Check in Thread
Check in and tell the crowd a lil bit bout yourselves.
05-07-2013 11:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: SEC Check in Thread
I'm an Auburn guy. I met my wife there. Have held season tickets for 40 plus years. One of my daughters and her husband went to Auburn as did my mom.

I traveled the Southeast for two decades and know and understand the ups and downs of recruiting in the region based upon the experiences of that time span. When my avatar info says I root for the SEC it is secondary to Auburn. But since, like many in the South, family members have attended many of our fine schools, as have close personal friends and business associates, I root for our family of schools when it doesn't involve our Tigers.

Realignment brought me to the board and I have enjoyed posting and reading posts here for over a year now.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 11:18 PM by JRsec.)
05-07-2013 11:17 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
I've been an SEC fan since about 04. I really never had a particular team picked out but I do know that I'll root for anybody that plays Florida. I do enjoy the SEC's brand of football and unlike the B1G, the SEC walks the walk while they talk the talk.
05-07-2013 11:21 PM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
As the avatar and name suggest, I am a Gamecock fan all the way. Both parents and an older brother went to South Carolina and I just graduated myself last December.

I definitely love SEC football all the way. Hate UGA, UF (had a sister go there), UT, and Auburn (Still not over SECCG) but yet I love playing them all. Conference pride works in a weird way.

I'm a decent regular over on the Realignment board. Its a decent place for news that most people don't care about. Biggest pet peeve is people saying South Carolina belongs in the ACC. Favorite part of the board is the lulz from fans with wild theories
05-07-2013 11:54 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
I am a Mizzou guy who thanks the Lord each and every day that we got this chance to be a member of the SEC.

I was born and raised in St Louis and had to listen to the Tiger games on the local radio. We were never on the TV. This past year as an SEC member was the very first time I actually saw Missouri on TV almost every week. Win or lose I love it.

I joined the Navy in 1972. U.S.S. Independence CVA 62, but had to get out with the death of my dad at 40 years old and a very sick mom. Married later and went back in to the Air Force and stayed 22 years. Been a lot of places, including Greenland, Turkey, and the Philippines, but retired in Biloxi, MS. Survived Katrina but the kids lost everything. Moved out in the country and have four acres, lots of dogs and chickens. Married 39 years this Saturday, four kids, two grand kids and two great grand kids. I am only 58...lol04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 12:21 AM by USAFMEDIC.)
05-08-2013 12:18 AM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
(05-08-2013 12:18 AM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  I am a Mizzou guy who thanks the Lord each and every day that we got this chance to be a member of the SEC.

I was born and raised in St Louis and had to listen to the Tiger games on the local radio. We were never on the TV. This past year as an SEC member was the very first time I actually saw Missouri on TV almost every week. Win or lose I love it.

I joined the Navy in 1972. U.S.S. Independence CVA 62, but had to get out with the death of my dad at 40 years old and a very sick mom. Married later and went back in to the Air Force and stayed 22 years. Been a lot of places, including Greenland, Turkey, and the Philippines, but retired in Biloxi, MS. Survived Katrina but the kids lost everything. Moved out in the country and have four acres, lots of dogs and chickens. Married 39 years this Saturday, four kids, two grand kids and two great grand kids. I am only 58...lol04-cheers

Two great grands at 58? Impressive
05-08-2013 12:21 AM
Advertisement

USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

(05-08-2013 12:21 AM)Gamecock Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 12:18 AM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  I am a Mizzou guy who thanks the Lord each and every day that we got this chance to be a member of the SEC.

Two great grands at 58? Impressive
We and our kids all started very young. lol
05-08-2013 12:23 AM
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

I Root For: UK, Lipscomb
I am a Nashville born and bred who grew up with a die-hard UK dad (his entire family still lives in Kentucky and had various relatives attend), and most of the UT fans in my small town were annoying, so it was an easy choice for me! I would make a comment about Vandy fans, but they are all contained within a two square mile radius in west Nashville :) I went to a private university in Nashville (Lipscomb) so I could play college tennis, but I would have loved the big flagship school atmosphere looking back. My younger brother will be attending UK law school this fall, so I guess I can vicariously live through him for a few years! I came here for the realignment board, which was fun until the ACC GoR (boo). I have only been here a month, but Medic and JR have been great to me so far, and I look forward to continuing the conversation.
05-08-2013 09:27 AM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

(05-08-2013 09:27 AM)bigblueblindness Wrote:  I am a Nashville born and bred who grew up with a die-hard UK dad (his entire family still lives in Kentucky and had various relatives attend), and most of the UT fans in my small town were annoying, so it was an easy choice for me! I would make a comment about Vandy fans, but they are all contained within a two square mile radius in west Nashville :) I went to a private university in Nashville (Lipscomb) so I could play college tennis, but I would have loved the big flagship school atmosphere looking back. My younger brother will be attending UK law school this fall, so I guess I can vicariously live through him for a few years! I came here for the realignment board, which was fun until the ACC GoR (boo). I have only been here a month, but Medic and JR have been great to me so far, and I look forward to continuing the conversation.
Thanks! I feel that a voice from the Kentucky side is one of the most important of all to this Board. We need everyone's opinion. We need a Vandy and Tennessee poster too..desperately. Heres to many more future conversations.04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 10:45 AM by USAFMEDIC.)
05-08-2013 10:44 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-08-2013 10:44 AM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 09:27 AM)bigblueblindness Wrote:  I am a Nashville born and bred who grew up with a die-hard UK dad (his entire family still lives in Kentucky and had various relatives attend), and most of the UT fans in my small town were annoying, so it was an easy choice for me! I would make a comment about Vandy fans, but they are all contained within a two square mile radius in west Nashville :) I went to a private university in Nashville (Lipscomb) so I could play college tennis, but I would have loved the big flagship school atmosphere looking back. My younger brother will be attending UK law school this fall, so I guess I can vicariously live through him for a few years! I came here for the realignment board, which was fun until the ACC GoR (boo). I have only been here a month, but Medic and JR have been great to me so far, and I look forward to continuing the conversation.
Thanks! I feel that a voice from the Kentucky side is one of the most important of all to this Board. We need everyone's opinion. We need a Vandy and Tennessee poster too..desperately. Heres to many more future conversations.04-cheers

What? No Bammers!

We need to let Zombiewolf and Lurker Above know what's going on. I figure Bullet will show up at some point too.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 10:55 AM by JRsec.)
05-08-2013 10:54 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
I am a USF alumni and grew up in Maryland, but have lived in SEC states (Florida, Louisiana) for the past 30 years and love to watch SEC football.

I currently live about 8 miles from LSU's Tiger Stadium and my child attends LSU, so I am a quasi-fan.
05-08-2013 06:45 PM
Advertisement

He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
I grew up in Iowa, Big Ten guy, know it's football sucks right now and thats cool. Moved to Louisiana and into Cajun country so goodbye BTN and hello Cajuns and Tigers.

I will probably be talking more SEC this coming season than I will be Big Ten, that and I was asked by a well known SEC poster here to start posting in the SEC board so here I am!

Go Cajuns! 05-stirthepot
05-08-2013 07:13 PM
Lurker Above Offline
1st String

I Root For: UGA
Lurker Above here.

I've been a UGA fan since I could walk and talk. My whole family went there as well as many of my extended family. Ms. Lurker and I are season ticket holders and we both are looking forward to the future when our 2 1/2 year old goes to his first game.

My dad took me to my first game when Hershel was stalking the goal lines and we still go together.

We all live in Pooler, Georgia, which is just west of Savannah.

Go Dawgs! 04-rock
05-08-2013 08:50 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-08-2013 08:50 PM)Lurker Above Wrote:  Lurker Above here.

I've been a UGA fan since I could walk and talk. My whole family went there as well as many of my extended family. Ms. Lurker and I are season ticket holders and we both are looking forward to the future when our 2 1/2 year old goes to his first game.

My dad took me to my first game when Hershel was stalking the goal lines and we still go together.

Go Dawgs! 04-rock

Well, your little Dawg is going to have a pedigree! Do you ever go down 95 to Townsend / Eulonia to eat at the Buccaneer? The seafood is great. I know you already go to most of the good locations on River Street and on out to Tybee.
05-08-2013 08:53 PM
Lurker Above Offline
1st String

I Root For: UGA
(05-08-2013 08:53 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

Go Dawgs! 04-rock

Well, your little Dawg is going to have a pedigree! Do you ever go down 95 to Townsend / Eulonia to eat at the Buccaneer? The seafood is great. I know you already go to most of the good locations on River Street and on out to Tybee.

Hey JRsec,

Yes, I have been there, but its been a few years ago. It is a good restaurant, as is Pelican Point.
05-08-2013 09:28 PM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
Hawghiggs. I was born and raised in Arkansas. Attended the UofA,but finished at Arkansas Tech. When I was younger I spent four years in the great state of Georgia for the Army(two more in the reserves). I'm currently 39 years old and my wife and I are expecting our 3 child in August. For as long as I can remember we have rooted for the razorbacks.
05-08-2013 09:40 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-08-2013 09:28 PM)Lurker Above Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 08:53 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

Go Dawgs! 04-rock

Hey JRsec,

Yes, I have been there, but its been a few years ago. It is a good restaurant, as is Pelican Point.

Back in the day I was a key holder when the Buccaneer was still in an old wooden building that pre-dated WWII and before it was just open to the public. They had an autographed Lester Maddox Ax Handle on the Wall along with the pictures of three Presidents (including Carter) who had eaten there. The head waitress at the time was a woman in her 80's who had been the madam of the establishment back in the 40's before it was a restaurant. The food was great then too, but the atmosphere was classic coastal redneck. Our first outing there my wife asked for a doggy bag for her shrimp (they always give you 3 helpings at least). To her surprise the hunting party seated in the center of the room all barked at her when her when the to go bag came. It was the custom of the day.

The new building is far more luxurious and has a beautiful view of the river, but it can't compare to the old one that burned, or the times we had there.

We like the Shrimp Factory too. Take care. JR
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 09:01 AM by JRsec.)
05-08-2013 09:42 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-08-2013 09:40 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  Hawghiggs. I was born and raised in Arkansas. Attended the UofA,but finished at Arkansas Tech. When I was younger I spent four years in the great state of Georgia for the Army(two more in the reserves). I'm currently 39 years old and my wife and I are expecting our 3 child in August. For as long as I can remember we have rooted for the razorbacks.
How do you like your new coach and how is he fitting into the culture of the Ozarks? It broke some of my Yankee relatives' hearts when he left Bucky Badger high and dry, but I promise you one thing. He will establish a dominant O and D line in his first two years. I think the Hogs are in for some high times in a couple of years.
05-08-2013 09:56 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
Well,

As you can tell from my Avatar I'm a major Vol fan. I had every intention of following in my Mom and Dad footsteps but a better opportunity presented itself at the last moment (Go Navy! Beat Army!)

My team has made some major missteps since then end of the Fulmer era. I really can't say if I'm even hopeful about our new coach because of the staggering financial peril our previous AD put the Athletic Department in. There was a a brief 3 year period with Fulmer, Pearl and Summit that I believe was the best time in my life to be a Volunteer fan.
05-09-2013 07:58 AM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
(05-08-2013 09:56 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 09:40 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  Hawghiggs. I was born and raised in Arkansas. Attended the UofA,but finished at Arkansas Tech. When I was younger I spent four years in the great state of Georgia for the Army(two more in the reserves). I'm currently 39 years old and my wife and I are expecting our 3 child in August. For as long as I can remember we have rooted for the razorbacks.
How do you like your new coach and how is he fitting into the culture of the Ozarks? It broke some of my Yankee relatives' hearts when he left Bucky Badger high and dry, but I promise you one thing. He will establish a dominant O and D line in his first two years. I think the Hogs are in for some high times in a couple of years.
New coach could end up being better than the last one. AD long gave Coach Bielema enough support and lots of money to hire one of the best coaching staffs in the conference. We will see how it works out.
05-09-2013 09:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.