Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Open House Sights & Sounds Video
Bookmark and Share
TrevorStreets Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Bearcats
Open House Sights & Sounds Video
From tonight's very successful & well attended event.

Via Bearcats TV: http://www.gobearcats.com/allaccess/?media=388081

05-07-2013 08:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bctn8n Offline
1st String

I Root For: .
RE: Open House Sights & Sounds Video
I was there last night and it was an amazing time. A few good tidbits i would like to share:

-Tuberville said that we got one of the top DL commitments (verbal) for next year but did not say who.

-Whit said that they hope to move into the newly renovated Nippert to start the 2015 season. He also said that we may try and play home games next year at Nippert while it is under contruction, which he said should be interesting, or move the games off site

-Whit also stated that the renderings that are out now may not be what Nippert looks like after the renovation. He said that those renderings were done some time ago and that they hired a world renowned contruction firm to do the renovation. I can't remember who he said the firm was.

-Lastly i spoke with someone in UCATS and they stated that they already have around $20 Million of the $70 million raised for the Nippert renovation.

05-08-2013 06:36 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(05-08-2013 06:36 AM)bctn8n Wrote:  I was there last night and it was an amazing time. A few good tidbits i would like to share:

-Tuberville said that we got one of the top DL commitments (verbal) for next year but did not say who.

-Whit said that they hope to move into the newly renovated Nippert to start the 2015 season. He also said that we may try and play home games next year at Nippert while it is under contruction, which he said should be interesting, or move the games off site

-Whit also stated that the renderings that are out now may not be what Nippert looks like after the renovation. He said that those renderings were done some time ago and that they hired a world renowned contruction firm to do the renovation. I can't remember who he said the firm was.

-Lastly i spoke with someone in UCATS and they stated that they already have around $20 Million of the $70 million raised for the Nippert renovation.

Thanks for the summary. The stadium info sounds like a positive.

05-08-2013 07:02 AM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(05-08-2013 06:36 AM)bctn8n Wrote:  -Lastly i spoke with someone in UCATS and they stated that they already have around $20 Million of the $70 million raised for the Nippert renovation.

That's a really, really encouraging stat. Thanks for sharing.

05-08-2013 07:14 AM
bctn8n Offline
1st String

(05-08-2013 06:36 AM)bctn8n Wrote:  I was there last night and it was an amazing time. A few good tidbits i would like to share:

This Maybe who Coach TT was referring to:

Hakeem Allonce

05-08-2013 07:19 AM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

Whit said as of now (pending sign off by the president and BOT), they hope to have the new stadium project done in 2015. The challenge in 2014 will be to either start construction around the current press box and then take it down after the home schedule is completed and finish the project before the 2015 season begins vs moving all the games off site for 2014. He again addressed the issue of playing games at PBS and in a nutshell said UC takes a financial hit when they play there due to loss of parking, concessions, and advertising revenues as well as the Bengals controlling the luxury boxes and taking a cut of ticket sales. Stated he could see a few select games there, but it didn't make financial sense to move 35,000 fans down there and dilute the profits on a regular basis. Plus he felt that college football games belong on campus(amen) and the atmosphere is a lot better in a sold out Nippert than a half full PBS.

05-08-2013 07:57 AM
Advertisement

indycat Offline
1st String

Excited and impressed to learn that the Nippert project is more than just a plan and an artist's rendering--it's about to become a reality. Another crucial element in building a total athletic program worthy of power five membership.

05-08-2013 08:04 AM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
great info , guys. Thanks for posting.

05-08-2013 08:27 AM
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

Did Whit say when the "final" renderings for the renovation might be available?

05-08-2013 08:30 AM
bctn8n Offline
1st String

(05-08-2013 08:30 AM)bearcatdp Wrote:  Did Whit say when the "final" renderings for the renovation might be available?

I dont recall him saying when but he did say the the construction firm is top notch and anytime a company builds/works on a building at UC it is like a feather in their cap because of all the great architecture on campus.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 08:49 AM by bctn8n.)
05-08-2013 08:48 AM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

(05-08-2013 07:57 AM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  Whit said as of now (pending sign off by the president and BOT), they hope to have the new stadium project done in 2015. The challenge in 2014 will be to either start construction around the current press box and then take it down after the home schedule is completed and finish the project before the 2015 season begins vs moving all the games off site for 2014. He again addressed the issue of playing games at PBS and in a nutshell said UC takes a financial hit when they play there due to loss of parking, concessions, and advertising revenues as well as the Bengals controlling the luxury boxes and taking a cut of ticket sales. Stated he could see a few select games there, but it didn't make financial sense to move 35,000 fans down there and dilute the profits on a regular basis. Plus he felt that college football games belong on campus(amen) and the atmosphere is a lot better in a sold out Nippert than a half full PBS.

Holy **** someone print that off and slap it on Mike Thomas' forehead.

05-08-2013 08:57 AM
Advertisement

bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

(05-08-2013 08:57 AM)cinbinsportsfan Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 07:57 AM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  Whit said as of now (pending sign off by the president and BOT), they hope to have the new stadium project done in 2015. The challenge in 2014 will be to either start construction around the current press box and then take it down after the home schedule is completed and finish the project before the 2015 season begins vs moving all the games off site for 2014. He again addressed the issue of playing games at PBS and in a nutshell said UC takes a financial hit when they play there due to loss of parking, concessions, and advertising revenues as well as the Bengals controlling the luxury boxes and taking a cut of ticket sales. Stated he could see a few select games there, but it didn't make financial sense to move 35,000 fans down there and dilute the profits on a regular basis. Plus he felt that college football games belong on campus(amen) and the atmosphere is a lot better in a sold out Nippert than a half full PBS.

Holy **** someone print that off and slap it on Mike Thomas' forehead.

I could live with one year downtown as we wait for a new Nippert Stadium. Long term downtown would be a disaster.

2014 Schedule isn't all that great to begin with. I still want to drop the Stony Brook game and replace it with road game at Louisville. Miami and Toledo might draw somewhere between 30,000 and 40,000 at PBS. Conference games would probably be somewhere in that range too depending on how good UC is.

I would love to ask Whit about the football scheduling philosophy at UC. Will there be FCS games, the Louisville rivalry, can UC bring in name opponents to Nippert or PBS, neutral site games, and more road games against regional powers like Michigan and Ohio State.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 09:44 AM by bearcatlawjd.)
05-08-2013 09:43 AM
bctn8n Offline
1st String

Whit did talk about scheduling yesterday but not in depth to which we would all like. He said he is working on upgrading our OOC schedule to help boost us into getting a playoff spot. He said it is a top concern going forward. He said that it is tough to do in football because schedules are made so far in advance but it is much easier in basketball.

05-08-2013 10:19 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

(05-08-2013 10:19 AM)bctn8n Wrote:  Whit did talk about scheduling yesterday but not in depth to which we would all like. He said he is working on upgrading our OOC schedule to help boost us into getting a playoff spot. He said it is a top concern going forward. He said that it is tough to do in football because schedules are made so far in advance but it is much easier in basketball.

Once again thanks for all the info.

05-08-2013 10:43 AM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:
Agree good news and glad to hear PBS is only a when need be destination! Hopefully we won't have to play there in 2014 as that would be a travesty for attendance with the schedule we have.

05-08-2013 10:55 AM
Mark Wolfram Offline
2nd String

We all know this, but he also said that teams do not want to come here and play at Nippert because they know it is to hard of a place to play when it is packed and the fans are into it. He said Miami,FL did not want to come back up here after the game back in the 80's. Even Tubs said the same when he was talking about when they came up here and it was packed.

05-08-2013 12:36 PM
Advertisement

JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

(05-08-2013 12:36 PM)Mark Wolfram Wrote:  We all know this, but he also said that teams do not want to come here and play at Nippert because they know it is to hard of a place to play when it is packed and the fans are into it. He said Miami,FL did not want to come back up here after the game back in the 80's. Even Tubs said the same when he was talking about when they came up here and it was packed.

I seem to remember playing Miami here in 1998 and they pounded the crap out of us. Edgerrin James was their running back. Didn't we have a series with them set up recently and it got cancelled?

05-08-2013 12:42 PM
Mark Wolfram Offline
2nd String

You were right it was 98, Sorry.

Edit: looked it up I was right to begin with it was 87 that we played them here and the 89 we played them there. 89 they won 56-0 in 87 it was 48 to 10.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 01:10 PM by Mark Wolfram.)
05-08-2013 12:54 PM
KCat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
If we have to play downtown, I would rather play at Great American
than pbs...

05-08-2013 01:01 PM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-08-2013 01:01 PM)KCat Wrote:  If we have to play downtown, I would rather play at Great American
than pbs...

I thought Whit once said they tried to play at Great Am, however the fball field would not fit.

05-08-2013 01:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.