Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Get off of Derrick Rose's back!!!!
King_WWW08 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis/Texas
Get off of Derrick Rose's back!!!!
I am so tired of hearing all these other fan bases taking shots at DRose for sitting out. If you endorse Rose or are in his circle then fine but if not I suggest you sit down and be quiet. I hate to see people trashing on a former tiger.

D Rose
05-07-2013 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
RE: Get off of Derrick Rose's back!!!!
I like Derrick Rose and think he's a great player. I just don't like his muscle-memory excuse... basically, his knee is perfectly fine... he's just scared of it giving out because he doesn't feel like his old self in practice. You've gotta work through it and play at full speed to gain confidence. I honestly think it's just a mental thing with Derrick. Again, I would love to see him on the court... love his on-court demeanor.. I just hope he hasn't lost confidence in himself.
05-07-2013 03:47 PM
King_WWW08 Offline
Banned

(05-07-2013 03:47 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  I like Derrick Rose and think he's a great player. I just don't like his muscle-memory excuse... basically, his knee is perfectly fine... he's just scared of it giving out because he doesn't feel like his old self in practice. You've gotta work through it and play at full speed to gain confidence. I honestly think it's just a mental thing with Derrick. Again, I would love to see him on the court... love his on-court demeanor.. I just hope he hasn't lost confidence in himself.

Did he not hurt his knee last year in the playoffs trying to come back?
05-07-2013 03:49 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
King, nice of you to have his back and all of that, but he isn't rooting for you and your career.
05-07-2013 04:13 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
He has brought the criticism on himself by practicing with his team.
05-07-2013 04:20 PM
King_WWW08 Offline
Banned

(05-07-2013 04:20 PM)subflea Wrote:  He has brought the criticism on himself by practicing with his team.

I think the practicing with his team is overblown. What if he plays and messes his ACL up again. You can only tear it so many times.
05-07-2013 04:29 PM
Advertisement

nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I've been a Bulls fan my whole life. I really want to see him back on the court. Reality is, the Bulls have made their money by being physical this year. I can't see Rose getting in there right now and playing with the confidence needed to play this style. He can't be standoffish and expect to contribute like Nate and Hinrich. That's why I think it would be better for him to sit this season out.
05-07-2013 05:22 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
I think he's being a *****. Jordan would've toughed through it. That said, I'll be rocking these tonight at the YMCA court.

[Image: AdidasRose773_USA_8.jpg]
05-07-2013 05:42 PM
King_WWW08 Offline
Banned

(05-07-2013 05:42 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  I think he's being a *****. Jordan would've toughed through it. That said, I'll be rocking these tonight at the YMCA court.

[Image: AdidasRose773_USA_8.jpg]

You think he is a *****. Man the nerve of folks.
05-07-2013 05:49 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
I have no idea why the Bulls have tolerated Rose's gutless BS. Once the medical staff clears you to play, a player should have only one of two options: Appeal that medical finding to a higher medical board of some kind, or else play. And if you refuse to play, that should be grounds for suspension without pay until you return to the court.

The Bulls now have an amazing chance to defeat the champions, and D-Rose could be a big help, but he is chicken-sh*tting out. If i were a Bulls fan I'd be livid with his dead arse. 03-banghead

(05-07-2013 03:31 PM)King_WWW08 Wrote:  I am so tired of hearing all these other fan bases taking shots at DRose for sitting out. If you endorse Rose or are in his circle then fine but if not I suggest you sit down and be quiet. I hate to see people trashing on a former tiger.

D Rose
05-07-2013 06:23 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(05-07-2013 04:20 PM)subflea Wrote:  He has brought the criticism on himself by practicing with his team.

IMO, he's brought it on himself by refusing to play two months after the medical staff cleared him to play.
05-07-2013 06:24 PM
Advertisement

nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-07-2013 06:23 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  I have no idea why the Bulls have tolerated Rose's gutless BS. Once the medical staff clears you to play, a player should have only one of two options: Appeal that medical finding to a higher medical board of some kind, or else play. And if you refuse to play, that should be grounds for suspension without pay until you return to the court.

The Bulls now have an amazing chance to defeat the champions, and D-Rose could be a big help, but he is chicken-sh*tting out. If i were a Bulls fan I'd be livid with his dead arse. 03-banghead

(05-07-2013 03:31 PM)King_WWW08 Wrote:  I am so tired of hearing all these other fan bases taking shots at DRose for sitting out. If you endorse Rose or are in his circle then fine but if not I suggest you sit down and be quiet. I hate to see people trashing on a former tiger.

D Rose

Putting him in is could be a worse risk than having him out, IMO.
05-07-2013 06:33 PM
TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Well, it's too late now anyways. They obviously have good chemistry with the guys in the rotation...just ask the heat!!
05-07-2013 06:50 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(05-07-2013 06:33 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 06:23 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  I have no idea why the Bulls have tolerated Rose's gutless BS. Once the medical staff clears you to play, a player should have only one of two options: Appeal that medical finding to a higher medical board of some kind, or else play. And if you refuse to play, that should be grounds for suspension without pay until you return to the court.

D Rose

What risk? He has been medically cleared to play.
05-07-2013 06:54 PM
TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Maybe he can retake the ACT now...
05-07-2013 06:56 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-07-2013 06:54 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 06:33 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  

D Rose

What risk? He has been medically cleared to play.

Not a risk with him. A risk with the team. They have a chemistry now and just jamming him in the rotation could do more harm than good.
05-07-2013 07:07 PM
Advertisement

Knightshift Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
I'm just trying to picture the look on my management's faces if I called in and said I couldn't work because I'm not "mentally ready." 01-wingedeagle
05-08-2013 11:37 AM
King_WWW08 Offline
Banned

You guys are ridiculous. This is the same group of fans that call our team thugs. This should be expected.
05-08-2013 11:45 AM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(05-08-2013 11:45 AM)King_WWW08 Wrote:  You guys are ridiculous. This is the same group of fans that call our team thugs. This should be expected.

I may be the odd man out, but I don't feel any specific loyalty to D Rose. We were just a place where he could display his skills to earn a high draft position. It's not like he's been a strong supporter of the university since he left......and there is that little ACT thing. Fairly or unfairly, he put us in a position of liability at a minimum with his failure to respond to inquiries.
05-08-2013 12:04 PM
King_WWW08 Offline
Banned

(05-08-2013 12:04 PM)oldtiger Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 11:45 AM)King_WWW08 Wrote:  You guys are ridiculous. This is the same group of fans that call our team thugs. This should be expected.

I may be the odd man out, but I don't feel any specific loyalty to D Rose. We were just a place where he could display his skills to earn a high draft position. It's not like he's been a strong supporter of the university since he left......and there is that little ACT thing. Fairly or unfairly, he put us in a position of liability at a minimum with his failure to respond to inquiries.

Wow. Well if you are going to hold that against him more power to you. Do you fell the same way about Will Barton or Adonis Thomas who were here to showcase their skills for 2 years and leave or Elliot Williams for one year. It is the nature of the beast at Memphis. Pastner will recruit kids who have aspirations to go the NBA after one or 2 years. Will you say the same thing of Iverson if he turns pro after one year.

As for the ACT thing I advise memphis fans that hold it against him to get over it. Duke did the same thing in their case and the NCAA passed them over as not having enough evidence. Memphis did the same thing and got stripped bc of the hypocrisy by the NCAA. If you can still be bitter after 4 years well I don't know what to say to help you get over it. Rose tweets about his times at memphis and still loves tigernation but if you hold a grudge to him for something he was cleared previously for then your bitterness is misguided.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 12:50 PM by King_WWW08.)
05-08-2013 12:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.