Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Texas Tech's goal to join ACC
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
Texas Tech's goal to join ACC
Texas Tech's Goal For 2025: Join The ACC

My how the tables have turned. 05-stirthepot

Note: This is a blog run by a TAMU fan, likely just trying to stir things up at the Big XII's expense.
05-02-2013 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CK42NC Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNC
RE: Texas Tech's goal to join ACC
Wow! This makes me wonder how many others are thinking the same thing?
05-02-2013 12:13 PM
Wolfman Online
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
(05-02-2013 12:13 PM)CK42NC Wrote:  Wow! This makes me wonder how many others are thinking the same thing?

How many FBS and FCS schools are there?
05-02-2013 01:52 PM
Cardinals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
Though it's just a blogger with his opinions, it does say quite a bit about the state of mind in the Big 12.

It's interesting to note that, just a couple of posts previous to the one in which this blogger made it Texas Tech's stated goal to get accepted by the ACC, he (probably in a butt-hurt & frightened state) responded to the ACC's GoR agreement with this:

Florida State Football Program Agrees to Second-Tier Status in Own State

There's really nothing like a TEXAS TECH blogger ragging on a school of FSU's caliber for playing second fiddle to a bigger program!

Edit: In reading further on that blog, I misspoke above. It appears to be an A&M blog, not a Tech blog.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 02:05 PM by Cardinals.)
05-02-2013 02:03 PM
fsugrad99 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: FSU
Naw, we good
05-02-2013 02:15 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

I Root For: UMD / W&M
I like how the B1G and the PAC are out because of TT's academics... but the ACC is somehow a good match?
05-02-2013 02:18 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
That bunk about FSU was full of fail. Whatever tier FSU was at before signing the GOR is where they are still at and will be at for the forseeable future. The writer also conveniently left out the fact that the Big 12 now has the lowest tv deal and that the gap will grow larger as the Acc develops its own tv network. The Big 12 will be left far behind.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 02:28 PM by cuseroc.)
05-02-2013 02:27 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
Texas Tech had better get in line. I expect the Terps are starting to question Loh's judgement long about now, aren't you?
05-02-2013 02:48 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(05-02-2013 02:48 PM)XLance Wrote:  Texas Tech had better get in line. I expect the Terps are starting to question Loh's judgement long about now, aren't you?

Where have you been? There has been push back from Maryland fans since November.
05-02-2013 02:51 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-02-2013 02:51 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 02:48 PM)XLance Wrote:  Texas Tech had better get in line. I expect the Terps are starting to question Loh's judgement long about now, aren't you?

Where have you been? There has been push back from Maryland fans since November.

But you haven't fired Loh yet have you?
Push back is one thing......action is another.04-cheers
05-02-2013 02:54 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(05-02-2013 02:54 PM)XLance Wrote:  

I thought we were "starting to question" him? Or did you mean the UMD administration and not the fans/alums?
05-02-2013 03:04 PM
Advertisement

HtownOrange Offline
All American

(05-02-2013 03:04 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  

I thought we were "starting to question" him? Or did you mean the UMD administration and not the fans/alums?

AL, you're a good poster, so we'll give you a hint:

Pitchforks, Staves, Lances, Angry Mob, you get the picture and, obviously, your choice of implement.

Seriously, UM fans were caught with their pants down on this and I have not read anything significant to show they are happy with the move, overall.
05-02-2013 03:13 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(05-02-2013 03:13 PM)HtownOrange Wrote:  

Pitchforks, Staves, Lances, Angry Mob, you get the picture and, obviously, your choice of implement.

Seriously, UM fans were caught with their pants down on this and I have not read anything significant to show they are happy with the move, overall.

There wasn't a "we're thinking about this, what do the fans think?" phase. It was "this is done, no questions please."

I've been waiting for the alumni donation reports so I can see if they took a dive.
05-02-2013 03:16 PM
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
If Maryland did change their mind and want to stay (say the 52 million becomes too big of a hurdle or Loh resigns tomorrow or something)...would the ACC make room for them to come back? Who do you pair with them at that point? UConn and WVU seem to be the only appealing options. I am guessing the B1G would move on UConn as a replacement.
05-02-2013 03:31 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

BOT
05-02-2013 03:51 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
If we're really trying to get into the Texas market Tech would be a disappointment. #LonghornsOrBust
05-02-2013 04:24 PM
Advertisement

westmc9th Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ACC/UNC/PITT
UMD has sorta burnt some bridges, Loh and Anderson poured some secrets out to the B1G after our meetings in December I believe, when they said were going to the B1G but you cant invite Louisville without our permission. Because they technically had not left yet, a formality at that point. Do you guys want Maryland back if that's an option? I dont know if I would. They would just mess everything up again

It's probably a moot point anyway, but interesting to consider especially if the 50 million is held up and they cant pay it.

^AND to that point, ACC people believe the B1G will pay it
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 05:14 PM by westmc9th.)
05-02-2013 05:05 PM
WakeForestRanger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wake Forest
I would take Maryland back only if they fired their administration. Moot point though.
05-02-2013 05:09 PM
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
(05-02-2013 05:05 PM)westmc9th Wrote:  UMD has sorta burnt some bridges, Loh and Anderson poured some secrets out to the B1G after our meetings in December I believe, when they said were going to the B1G but you cant invite Louisville without our permission. Because they technically had not left yet, a formality at that point. Do you guys want Maryland back if that's an option? I dont know if I would. They would just mess everything up again

It's probably a moot point anyway, but interesting to consider especially if the 50 million is held up and they cant pay it.

^AND to that point, ACC people believe the B1G will pay it

I also believe the Big10 has guaranteed them they will pay it if they have to.

The only way I see it happening is if something happens to the leadership at Maryland (scandal, tragedy etc) that brings in a new regime.

I think the ACC would find a way to bring them back and pair them with UConn.
05-02-2013 06:09 PM
HtownOrange Offline
All American

(05-02-2013 03:16 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 03:13 PM)HtownOrange Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 02:51 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  Where have you been? There has been push back from Maryland fans since November.

There wasn't a "we're thinking about this, what do the fans think?" phase. It was "this is done, no questions please."

I've been waiting for the alumni donation reports so I can see if they took a dive.

Feelers probably were not "sent out" because they assessed the response much like it is, most fans not liking it.

I keep reading more and more UM fans are dissatisfied and no one is pleased with the process.

I don't harbor bad feelings with UM, the university did what they believe they had to do. However, the fans are being ripped off and the admin should answer for that. I can honestly say that I wish UM the best and if UM can change their mind, I would welcome them staying point.
05-02-2013 06:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.