Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football Championship game
Bookmark and Share
Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tenn
Football Championship game
Where will this take place at the end of this season? And how is the location determined? A C-USA newby wants to know 03-wink
04-29-2013 08:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

lmckay92 Offline
Straight cash, homie.

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Football Championship game
It's going to be in Huntington, WV.
04-29-2013 08:31 PM
workingodu Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: odu
For fcs we bid on games for stadiums. Typically whover paid the most money to have the game got it up to the semi and final. Both were still depending on ranking. I know odu last year we bid up to the third game for home games. Something for nit for womens basketball. But for nit and womens basketball part of that formula is ticket sales. Odu area pulls extremely well for womens basketball. We were the only sell out for ncaa tournament this year for the womens or almost sold out.

The bidding war to host a mens basketball game or football game is big dollars. Woody likes to gamble on gate tickets and break even points.
04-29-2013 08:34 PM
Dorrej Offline
Special Teams

The football championship is the winner of the east vs the winner of the west. The team with the better conf record hosts.
04-29-2013 08:38 PM
Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tenn
(04-29-2013 08:38 PM)Dorrej Wrote:  The football championship is the winner of the east vs the winner of the west. The team with the better conf record hosts.

So, it'll be in Murfreesboro, TN...... :)
04-29-2013 08:45 PM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
it should always be hosted in a central location i.e. Birmingham or Hattiesburg, but since USM can't beat UAB recently it will always be in Birmingham
04-29-2013 09:01 PM
Advertisement

TCH51 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Tulsa Hurricane
Hopefully It will be in Tulsa again. I just wish the Tulsa citizens would fill the stadium.
04-29-2013 09:21 PM
r2pirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
(04-29-2013 09:21 PM)TCH51 Wrote:  Hopefully It will be in Tulsa again. I just wish the Tulsa citizens would fill the stadium.

Preseason picks are ECU (east) and Tulsa (west)........dark horses picks are USM and Rice.......only teams back with past Cusa titles are ECU, Tulsa, USM, and Tulane. School with best record will host final site. (Do not know anything about newies so I could not pick one.)
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 11:11 PM by r2pirate.)
04-29-2013 11:09 PM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners
ooohhhh stop it you guys, quit giving the newbies bad info.... it will be in the same city that is hosting the cusa bball tournament that academic year, just like it was this past year in tulsa
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 11:26 PM by randaddyminer.)
04-29-2013 11:23 PM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
(04-29-2013 08:26 PM)Blue Raider Dave Wrote:  Where will this take place at the end of this season? And how is the location determined? A C-USA newby wants to know 03-wink

It will be held in the Jewel City.....Huntington, WV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntington,_West_Virginia
04-30-2013 07:08 AM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

(04-29-2013 11:09 PM)r2pirate Wrote:  
(04-29-2013 09:21 PM)TCH51 Wrote:  Hopefully It will be in Tulsa again. I just wish the Tulsa citizens would fill the stadium.

Preseason picks are ECU (east) and Tulsa (west)........dark horses picks are USM and Rice.......only teams back with past Cusa titles are ECU, Tulsa, USM, and Tulane. School with best record will host final site. (Do not know anything about newies so I could not pick one.)

Preseason picks?....What preseason picks? You consider USM a "Dark Horse" that didn't win a single game last year and has all new coaching staff in place this year?....ooookay.

Don't fool yourself. The road to the east division title goes through Huntington, WV this year. Particularly on Friday November 29th.
04-30-2013 07:12 AM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Yes USM had a winless season.. But I believe we have 5 more C-USA titles than Marshall.. Last year was Marshall's year.
04-30-2013 07:43 AM
BleedsGreen33 Offline
1st String

I checked the Almanac that Marty McFly gave me for Christmas and it says the game will be played in Huntington, WV.
04-30-2013 08:58 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
(04-30-2013 08:58 AM)BleedsGreen33 Wrote:  I checked the Almanac that Marty McFly gave me for Christmas and it says the game will be played in Huntington, WV.

Methinks ye have dated thy self with this refrence. And sadly so have I for recognizing it.03-banghead
04-30-2013 09:05 AM
BleedsGreen33 Offline
1st String

(04-30-2013 09:05 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  
(04-30-2013 08:58 AM)BleedsGreen33 Wrote:  I checked the Almanac that Marty McFly gave me for Christmas and it says the game will be played in Huntington, WV.

Methinks ye have dated thy self with this refrence. And sadly so have I for recognizing it.03-banghead

I was hoping most everyone would get that references. If not then we have some youngins on this board's and they need to watch that classic piece of cinema.
04-30-2013 09:14 AM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

(04-30-2013 07:43 AM)gdunn Wrote:  Yes USM had a winless season.. But I believe we have 5 more C-USA titles than Marshall.. Last year was Marshall's year.

I have all the respect in the world for USM but this upcoming season has nothing to do with USM's 5 C-USA titles. For anyone to think that USM can replace an entire coaching staff and turn around and win CUSA this year after coming off of an 0-12 season is drinking some serious koolaid. If USM can get aove .500 this year it would be a great accomplishment. I hope USM does well but the realist in me knows that its likely several years down the road before USM gets things turned around with all the damage that the coaching staff did last year.
04-30-2013 09:14 AM
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(04-30-2013 09:14 AM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  
(04-30-2013 07:43 AM)gdunn Wrote:  Yes USM had a winless season.. But I believe we have 5 more C-USA titles than Marshall.. Last year was Marshall's year.

I have all the respect in the world for USM but this upcoming season has nothing to do with USM's 5 C-USA titles. For anyone to think that USM can replace an entire coaching staff and turn around and win CUSA this year after coming off of an 0-12 season is drinking some serious koolaid. If USM can get aove .500 this year it would be a great accomplishment. I hope USM does well but the realist in me knows that its likely several years down the road before USM gets things turned around with all the damage that the coaching staff did last year.

Remember though, USM was conf champs with a 12-2 record just 2 years ago....bottom line, it was just a bad, bad, bad, bad, BAD hire in 2012...but there are still good players at USM and in a watered down CUSA, they will have a very good shot at winning their division.

Previous post above made it seem that USM has been terrible for years...and any turn-around would be virtually impossible.
04-30-2013 09:23 AM
Dorrej Offline
Special Teams

My pick for the championship game is Marshall vs Rice in Huntington.

I think the west is gonna be a brawl and the east is a two horse race(Marshall and ECU).
04-30-2013 11:20 AM
WinOrLoseEAGLE Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(04-30-2013 09:14 AM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  

Nope. I'd explain why, but, just - Nope.

Ok - I'll try. It's not the 5 C-USA titles. It's not the 0-12. It's both. 12-2 and still have, in theory, 60% of those athletes on the team plus most of the ones generated after the 12-2 year in 2011. The athletes are there. Damage done is primarily to mindset and guys just not wanting to be a part of a real "Johnson of a season" after the first 4-5 games. Enter Monken after one and only one season of backsliding - a coach who runs the type of game plan the players on the team were recruited to be a part of. A coach with a "kick ass" attitude instead of openly stating "you (our best player) wouldn't even make a bad SEC team much less start".

USM may not win C-USA; go further and say we may not win C-USA East. They didn't win it every year anyway. BUT, they will be a contender for the East and the overall conference crown.

Of this I am certain. MUCH more importantly, of this the USM football team is certain.
04-30-2013 11:39 AM
TOPPERSonTOP Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU TOPS
(04-29-2013 08:45 PM)Blue Raider Dave Wrote:  
(04-29-2013 08:38 PM)Dorrej Wrote:  The football championship is the winner of the east vs the winner of the west. The team with the better conf record hosts.

So, it'll be in Murfreesboro, TN...... :)

You will be able to watch it from MUTSboro. Should get the same seats you had for the NCAA tournament. Right in front of that 60" TV.
04-30-2013 11:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.