Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Benghazi situation could get very interesting
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
The Benghazi situation could get very interesting
The other day rep. Gowdy Jr. said that there will be more hearings and that they could well contain explosive revelations.

This story piggybacks on that note. In an interview with WMAL, a former U.S. Attorney alleged that the State Department is actively blocking lawyers from representing the Benghazi whistleblowers by denying them access to classified information, something they must have at a minimum to be able to discuss the case with their clients.

Watch the video at the link.

http://www.therightscoop.com/report-stat...leblowers/

For a situation that our resident libs claim is no big deal (so what if 4 died), the State Department is working awfully hard to try and keep the whistleblowers from talking.

The former U.S. Attorney says it would not be a surprise if this ended up in a Constitutional showdown, which the administration will lose.

Pass the popcorn. This could get very interesting.
04-29-2013 05:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
RE: The Benghazi situation could get very interesting
(04-29-2013 05:32 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  The other day rep. Gowdy Jr. said that there will be more hearings and that they could well contain explosive revelations.

This story piggybacks on that note. In an interview with WMAL, a former U.S. Attorney alleged that the State Department is actively blocking lawyers from representing the Benghazi whistleblowers by denying them access to classified information, something they must have at a minimum to be able to discuss the case with their clients.

Watch the video at the link.

http://www.therightscoop.com/report-stat...leblowers/

For a situation that our resident libs claim is no big deal (so what if 4 died), the State Department is working awfully hard to try and keep the whistleblowers from talking.

The former U.S. Attorney says it would not be a surprise if this ended up in a Constitutional showdown, which the administration will lose.

Pass the popcorn. This could get very interesting.

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?!??!!?

Yep, 3 from State and 1 from the CIA all lawyered up under the whistleblower protection act.

How long til Mrs. Clinton does the same?

You all remember when the media wanted VP Cheney tried for treason because a no longer active CIA employee had her identity revealed in a newspaper? Yea, I remember that. And funny, zerO's DOJ agrees that the Wilsons have no case.

so to keep score, one author outed- treason and impeachment.

4 dead?- yawning groans and what does it matter. Yea, I remember that.
04-29-2013 05:58 PM
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
I hope this blows sky high ! ! ! A bunch of liars of the lowest order. Congress should NEVER LET THIS GO.

FYI, if you don't you should read this guy either on line or every Friday in that leftist rag out there. The writer is the only thing worth reading in the publication.

http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_230...lic-divide

I've liked him for years. Always read him and try to listen to him 9-12 your time. Good ole 850 KOA "The Blowtorch Of The Rockies". 04-rock
04-29-2013 06:00 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

I Root For: UMD / W&M
The public isn't losing sleep on Benghazi. The GOP is throwing precious political resources at something only its base cares about.
04-29-2013 06:19 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Her Thighness already settled this ... what does it matter if it was done by a group of guys out partying, or if it was a planned attack?

The media will ignore this like the abortion/murder trial in Philly. This doesn't advance the Hillary in 2016 bandwagon.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 06:23 PM by UConn-SMU.)
04-29-2013 06:21 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(04-29-2013 06:19 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  The public isn't losing sleep on Benghazi. The GOP is throwing precious political resources at something only its base cares about.

Dead people no one cares about?

Schmuck
04-29-2013 06:29 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(04-29-2013 06:19 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  The public isn't losing sleep on Benghazi. The GOP is throwing precious political resources at something only its base cares about.

Yeah, what's a dead ambassador, more or less?

The public isn't losing any sleep on Benghazi, because it's an uncomfortable subject for the White House, and Lord knows we can't have that.
04-29-2013 06:54 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte

Because the press did a fantastic job of paying very little attention to it, including abetting Obama as he lied in a nationally televised debate about it.

The State Department is stonewalling the investigation. If it's not big deal, why block efforts to investigate it?
04-29-2013 06:55 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(04-29-2013 06:55 PM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  

Because the press did a fantastic job of paying very little attention to it, including abetting Obama as he lied in a nationally televised debate about it.

The State Department is stonewalling the investigation. If it's not big deal, why block efforts to investigate it?

It had its time on the front page and it would remain on the front page if people kept clicking links to articles about it. The news cycle moved on.
04-29-2013 07:22 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
(04-29-2013 07:22 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  

It had its time on the front page and it would remain on the front page if people kept clicking links to articles about it. The news cycle moved on.

So the news cycle is now what dictates what should and should not be investigated by Congress?
04-29-2013 07:24 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Set the abortion murder doctor free!
04-29-2013 07:26 PM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
The utter stupidity spewed from the left just gets more and more disgusting by the day. I don't know who these fuckwads are.
04-29-2013 07:27 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(04-29-2013 07:24 PM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  
(04-29-2013 07:22 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  

So the news cycle is now what dictates what should and should not be investigated by Congress?

No. Interest by the public dictates how long stories last in the news cycle. Media is a business after all.

Congress can investigate anything it wants, but don't think it happens in a political vacuum.
04-29-2013 07:30 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Media is partly a business and partly an effort to shape public opinion. Fox has proved that offering a different point of view from everyone else can be profitable. Otherwise, news competition is basically trying to find a more attention-getting way to tell the same story from the same point of view. There's not enough diversity of viewpoints among news writers, editors, and broadcasters to judge whether a story which doesn't fit their prejudices is in fact newsworthy. "A story which paints Obama in a bad light is not newsworthy because nobody wants to see Obama painted in a bad light," is how they think--and it's groupthink.

If media really were dominated by the profit motive, you'd see more diversity of opinion in attempts to carve out market niches.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 07:48 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
04-29-2013 07:45 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(04-29-2013 07:45 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Media is partly a business and partly an effort to shape public opinion. Fox has proved that offering a different point of view from everyone else can be profitable. Otherwise, news competition is basically trying to find a more attention-getting way to tell the same story from the same point of view. There's not enough diversity of viewpoints among news writers, editors, and broadcasters to judge whether a story which doesn't fit their prejudices is in fact newsworthy. "A story which paints Obama in a bad light is not newsworthy because nobody wants to see Obama painted in a bad light," is how they think--and it's groupthink.

If media really were dominated by the profit motive, you'd see more diversity of opinion in attempts to carve out market niches.

As much as we hear about the death of newspapers, do you think they'd pass on a story if it sold more papers?

Edit: or maybe they just left it to the foxnews/wnd of the world who had bases that wanted more coverage. Either way, customers drive coverage.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 07:56 PM by AtlanticLeague.)
04-29-2013 07:54 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(04-29-2013 07:54 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  
(04-29-2013 07:45 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Media is partly a business and partly an effort to shape public opinion. Fox has proved that offering a different point of view from everyone else can be profitable. Otherwise, news competition is basically trying to find a more attention-getting way to tell the same story from the same point of view. There's not enough diversity of viewpoints among news writers, editors, and broadcasters to judge whether a story which doesn't fit their prejudices is in fact newsworthy. "A story which paints Obama in a bad light is not newsworthy because nobody wants to see Obama painted in a bad light," is how they think--and it's groupthink.
As much as we hear about the death of newspapers, do you think they'd pass on a story if it sold more papers?

Absolutely. Happens all the time.

If it didn't fit their editorial prejudices, it would never become a story to make that call about. Newspapers, in particular, are failing because they have not made decisions based on what would sell papers.
04-29-2013 07:57 PM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Quote:Because the press did a fantastic job of paying very little attention to it, including abetting Obama as he lied in a nationally televised debate about it.

The rightwing parrot strikes again. This is straight out of Glenn Beck and wnd. Just because you can regurgitate right wing talking points doesn't make them true. You are a walking and talking reverse chattycathyrobert. It's all that you bring to the table. It's your opinion that it is being ignored. It could just be......... wait for it...............

Not NEWSWORTHY. Just because you have the opinion that it is being ignored, doesn't make it a fact. Opinions aren't facts chatycathyrobert.
04-29-2013 09:35 PM
Machiavelli Offline

and remember everybody.......... Chatty Cathy asked for this.

Machiavelli Wrote:
It would be rather easy to respond to your posts going forward where a talking point is parroted from Drudge, Red State, or The Corner.

Then do it. Every time. If it's so easy do it. See Mach this is how you roll. You post on here that you could do something to counter my points but you NEVER do. Why is that Mach? Could it be that the ability only exists in your head?
04-29-2013 09:44 PM
Machiavelli Offline

Then do it. Every time.

Much obliged...........
04-29-2013 09:45 PM
Machiavelli Offline

Media ignore Hillary's bombshell

WND exclusive........ Read it here 1st....

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/media-ignore-...azi-claim/

HILLARY LIED

patriotaction.net/profiles/blogs/ibd-hillary-lied-and-four-in-benghazi-died-signed-order-to-cut

All that you have Chatty Kathy are parroted right wing talking points. I will point this out.... Every time.....
04-29-2013 09:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.