Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A refresher
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
A refresher

http://www.uabsports.com/compliance/boosters-fans.html

Just a reminder to read up occasionally.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 02:41 PM by BlazerPhil.)
04-29-2013 01:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UAB?IAB Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB_ASDD
RE: A refresher, as some folk that should know better have fractured a rule or two.
Question? Why post accusing people of violating a rule or two? Have you investigated these infractions? What were your findings? This would call more attention than what you are eluding to.
04-29-2013 02:01 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: A refresher, as some folk that should know better have fractured a rule or two.
I suspect it has something to do with twitter contact with recruits.

Which is technically a violation, but one that is so widely broken, I doubt it would ever be prosecuted. Twitter has made contact very easy and probably wasn't around when these rules were made.
04-29-2013 02:13 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Survivor Runner-up
(04-29-2013 02:13 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I suspect it has something to do with twitter contact with recruits.

Which is technically a violation, but one that is so widely broken, I doubt it would ever be prosecuteduntil Nick Saban and Alabama get busted just down the road, and then the NCAA is going to need a program to make an example out of. Twitter has made contact very easy and probably wasn't around when these rules were made.

FIFY
04-29-2013 02:26 PM
ICB Offline
Heisman

You probably won't find one recruit on twitter that hasn't been contacted by fans of those schools.
04-29-2013 02:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
I noticed a fan encouraging Blazers on Twitter to follow a recruit. It's still a violation even if other schools' fans do it.
04-29-2013 02:34 PM
Advertisement

ICB Offline
Heisman

(04-29-2013 02:34 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  I noticed a fan encouraging Blazers on Twitter to follow a recruit. It's still a violation even if other schools' fans do it.

Not saying its not a violation...it is. But I think the problem goes a little higher than the fans. But I don't think that should be discussed here.
04-29-2013 02:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

Folding@NCAAbbs
(04-29-2013 02:26 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  
(04-29-2013 02:13 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I suspect it has something to do with twitter contact with recruits.

Which is technically a violation, but one that is so widely broken, I doubt it would ever be prosecuteduntil Nick Saban and Alabama get busted just down the road, and then the NCAA is going to need a program to make an example out of. Twitter has made contact very easy and probably wasn't around when these rules were made.

FIFY

Exactly.
04-29-2013 02:42 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
RE: A refresher
Kick the dog! Woof Where is that old picture if bear jr and the dog with the UAB logo?
04-29-2013 02:45 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I suspect if the old kick the dog theory was true, Between Alabama and Auburn, UaB would have received the death penalty by now.

It's hogwash.
04-29-2013 03:17 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I don't have a twitter account, but if I did, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't follow high school athletes on it.

You can only stand so much atrocious spelling and grammar (both intentional and otherwise) before you start losing IQ points.
04-29-2013 03:43 PM
Advertisement

BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

Folding@NCAAbbs
(04-29-2013 03:43 PM)Smaug Wrote:  I don't have a twitter account, but if I did, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't follow high school athletes on it.

You can only stand so much atrocious spelling and grammar (both intentional and otherwise) before you start losing IQ points.

I think of it as the Prime Directive from Star Trek. Don't talk to them and don't interfere until they grow up.
04-29-2013 03:45 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
There's a word for middle-aged guys who stalk 17-year-olds.
04-29-2013 05:14 PM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
Is following a recruit (but not commenting or talking to him) a violation? How is that different than going to watch his game (serious question, since I have very little idea how twitter works).
04-29-2013 05:20 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

No, its not a violation.
04-29-2013 05:47 PM
ICB Offline
Heisman

So if you make a tweet and include the recruits twitter id, such as... I hope @greatpg commits to UAB. Are you really talking to that recruit, or making a statement about the recruit. I know they will be alerted about your tweet, and they will probably retweet it. But are you talking to them or about them?

I am looking for serious answers not for people to show me how witty they are.
04-29-2013 05:57 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(04-29-2013 05:57 PM)ICB Wrote:  So if you make a tweet and include the recruits twitter id, such as... I hope @greatpg commits to UAB. Are you really talking to that recruit, or making a statement about the recruit. I know they will be alerted about your tweet, and they will probably retweet it. But are you talking to them or about them?

I am looking for serious answers not for people to show me how witty they are.

I think you're engaging the kid.
04-29-2013 06:34 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

(04-29-2013 03:43 PM)Smaug Wrote:  I don't have a twitter account, but if I did, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't follow high school athletes on it.

You learn some curse words you didn't know existed.
04-29-2013 06:40 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

The NCAA is never going to come down on someone because a fan tweeted a recruit unless those tweets include offers of benefits, and even then, there would have to be something more involved.

That said, I am not encouraging it be done. But they will never do that. The NCAA is actually easing up on contact rules, such as allowing unlimited text messages to recruits by coaches.
04-29-2013 07:57 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(04-29-2013 06:40 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  

You learn some curse words you didn't know existed.

Until twitter, I never knew ish was another word for fecal matter.
04-29-2013 07:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.