Not a lot of love for NYS.
04-27-2013 02:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
RE: NFL Draft-HS Map
Just based on this, your power states are really East Texas through LA, MS, LA, GA and then north through SC, NC, VA, Md, NJ, Eastern NY, Conn, and Mass. Ohio, and Michigan is still developing talent. While Cali, and Florida does have a chunk, it doesn't to appear to be as deep as past years. Another surprise was seeing the amount of Conn and Mass kids on the map. Maybe the NYC Metro is starting to become a hotbed despite not having that many recruits coming from there on a yearly basis. Seems to be there is plenty of sleeper talent worth tapping into for any ACC program.
04-27-2013 02:54 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
Ignore my last post a little... After zooming in I got a better angle. Conn and Mass got a few. But my stance on Florida is the same. Other than the Miami/Dade portion there was pretty much nothing(in the first 4 rounds) that came from the 1-4 corridor other than Ace Sanders(Tampa metro). Usually Orlando produces a ton of talent. I'd expect this year to be more of a blip in the radar rather than being a trend. Deltona/Daytona produces high quality HS players as well.
04-27-2013 03:05 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
(04-27-2013 02:50 PM)OrangeXtreme Wrote:  Not a lot of love for NYS.

NY has three times as many as ND, SD, IA, NE, MN, CO, MT, ID, OR, KY, etc. 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2013 03:16 PM by OrangeCrush22.)
04-27-2013 03:13 PM
OrangeXtreme Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Syracuse
(04-27-2013 03:13 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  

NY has three times as many as ND, SD, IA, NE, MN, CO, MT, ID, OR, KY, etc. 03-wink

Tay Tay just got drafted. Section III on the board.
04-27-2013 03:47 PM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Thought it was interesting that Charlotte, NC didn't have any NFL Draft Picks, but South of Rock Hill in upper SC there were three. Still odd so little from Tennessee and North of there @ each year.
04-28-2013 07:18 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(04-28-2013 07:18 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Thought it was interesting that Charlotte, NC didn't have any NFL Draft Picks, but South of Rock Hill in upper SC there were three. Still odd so little from Tennessee and North of there @ each year.

Even when the Vols were winning, theit best players were out-of-state.
04-28-2013 09:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
94panther Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Pitt
Here is a nice interactive map for drafts from 1988 to 2012.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/fo...raphic.htm

About what you would expect. Lots from CA, TX & FL.

Big 10 is the only conference without multiple teams in the big 3 states. This i why they are ending up at the bottom of the NFL drafts lists.

Teams in CA, FL, TX.
Pac12: 4 in CA
B12: 4 in TX
SEC: 2, 1 in TX, 1 in FL
ACC: 2 in FL
B10:0 in TX,FL, CA
04-28-2013 09:57 AM
wildthing202 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ND & BC
(04-28-2013 09:57 AM)94panther Wrote:  Here is a nice interactive map for drafts from 1988 to 2012.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/fo...raphic.htm

About what you would expect. Lots from CA, TX & FL.

Big 10 is the only conference without multiple teams in the big 3 states. This i why they are ending up at the bottom of the NFL drafts lists.

Teams in CA, FL, TX.
Pac12: 4 in CA
B12: 4 in TX
SEC: 2, 1 in TX, 1 in FL
ACC: 2 in FL
B10:0 in TX,FL, CA

ACC the only conference to have 50+ players taken in 1 draft (51 in 2006) thru 2012...
04-28-2013 01:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
(04-27-2013 03:05 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  Ignore my last post a little... After zooming in I got a better angle. Conn and Mass got a few. But my stance on Florida is the same. Other than the Miami/Dade portion there was pretty much nothing(in the first 4 rounds) that came from the 1-4 corridor other than Ace Sanders(Tampa metro). Usually Orlando produces a ton of talent. I'd expect this year to be more of a blip in the radar rather than being a trend. Deltona/Daytona produces high quality HS players as well.

My count may be off but I had Florida with one more than Texas. Not sure if that changes your opinion.
05-02-2013 09:16 PM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
You may be right. But it sure looked like Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama is even more furtile than Florida
05-02-2013 09:21 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(04-28-2013 09:27 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(04-28-2013 07:18 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Thought it was interesting that Charlotte, NC didn't have any NFL Draft Picks, but South of Rock Hill in upper SC there were three. Still odd so little from Tennessee and North of there @ each year.

Even when the Vols were winning, theit best players were out-of-state.
You're right. TN (the state) really doesn't produce a lot of talent.
05-02-2013 10:53 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

(05-02-2013 09:21 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  You may be right. But it sure looked like Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama is even more furtile than Florida

So then you're saying they're also more fertile than Texas?

Mississippi looks to have had 3.
Alabama appears to have 8.
Louisiana looks like it has 10.

So the south Florida area had as many as the entirety of Louisiana, fwiw. I think many agree LA and maybe even MS and AL have very high football players per capita and possibly greater than FL. I think having a high retiree population kind of skews Florida's per capita figures.

In total volume Florida's top 3. In per capita it may only be top 15 or so (no figures to support this).
05-03-2013 08:58 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(05-03-2013 08:58 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 09:21 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  You may be right. But it sure looked like Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama is even more furtile than Florida

So the south Florida area had as many as the entirety of Louisiana, fwiw. I think many agree LA and maybe even MS and AL have very high football players per capita and possibly greater than FL. I think having a high retiree population kind of skews Florida's per capita figures.

In total volume Florida's top 3. In per capita it may only be top 15 or so (no figures to support this).

LA has the highest per capita, but I think that Fla is in the top 3 in terms of quality. Texas and Cali are also up there, too.
05-03-2013 09:13 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(05-03-2013 08:58 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  

Its just a 1 year sample size and a blip on the radar IMO. South Florida will always have a ton of recruits as will the I-4 Corridor.
05-03-2013 10:29 PM
Advertisement

Marge Schott Offline
Banned

Right. I don't care if Florida or any areas within the state had a down year, if its per capita is high or low or any of that.

I'm only saying, if you think Florida was less than you expected, shouldn't Texas also be the same? Shouldn't you also think LA/MS/AL are more fertile than TX?

I don't know if what I'm saying clearly what I mean or not.
05-04-2013 10:13 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

Not a lot of talent in NYS. Hence why you are an Atlantic team.
05-05-2013 12:48 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

Charlotte has produced some talent, but what hurts them is the high school coaches up there that recruit for their system rather than developing the talent they have.

The Rock Hill area is fertile. Sadly for the most part the coaches there are in South Carolina's pocket.
05-05-2013 12:51 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(05-04-2013 10:13 AM)Marge Schott Wrote:  Right. I don't care if Florida or any areas within the state had a down year, if its per capita is high or low or any of that.

I'm only saying, if you think Florida was less than you expected, shouldn't Texas also be the same? Shouldn't you also think LA/MS/AL are more fertile than TX?

I don't know if what I'm saying clearly what I mean or not.

I was more or less looking at the perspective of living there and knowing the high level of HS ball that is played between Daytona and Orlando. More or less shocked than knocking it. I just know that Altamonte Springs, Deltona, Deland, Apopka, Sanford, NSB, Cocoa, and Palm Coast is one tremendous hotbed and I mentioned what 1/3 of the 1-4 corridor. I wished I could move back down there and watch an Apopka vs Mainland game or shift west and watch Lakeland play anybody. I love that brand of football.
05-05-2013 01:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.