Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Here's the deal...
Bookmark and Share
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

I need to get this off my chest...

OK, it seems like everyone is writing of Georgia as a team that should not be ranked 3rd in the nation and won't compete for the national title. Don't get me wrong, I've been disappointed with us at times this year, but last I checked, are we not still 3-0? Are we not still the team that has won the last two SEC East titles? Are we not the team that has finished 3rd and 6th in the nation the last two seasons? Are we not the team that has beaten Tennessee four years in a row? Hey, SEC, remember us? I just find it amazing at how soon people are writing us off as overrated. "You gave up 28 points to Georgia Southern." Well, 14 of them were scored on our third-team defense. "You barely beat South Carolina." Well, they are one of the most improved teams in the SEC this year and we beat them in their own house. "You only scored 13 on Marshall." Have you seen their defense? The bottom line is that we are undefeated right now. If we are truly overrated, we will not stay undefeated much longer. We can't help that we are ranked so high. All we can do is keep on winning and everything will be fine. Keep the faith, Dawg fans.

I'm finished now. :wave:
09-22-2004 02:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

I saw Georgia's D...I believe. When Greene and the offense click, you won't have all the doubters, they'll disappear like cockroaches in sunlight.

You're 3-0. Who gives a rats butt what others think? 04-bow
09-22-2004 08:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Herd Fan 4-Life Wrote:You're 3-0. Who gives a rats butt what others think? 04-bow
True, true. I just don't get all the naysaying.
09-22-2004 09:27 PM
YouGeeAye Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

There are a few things here to consider about the naysayers disrespecting UGA:

1) They are our opponents and are jealous.
2) They are idiot, biased broadcasters like Bill Curry.
3) They do not follow UGA football close enough to have a valid opinion.
4) They do not understand the enormity of winning any SEC game on the road.
5) And they certainly do not realize that our offense has been anorexic and we are stil 3-0.

UGA is most deserving of its ranking. If the pollsters did not think so, then we would have dropped a spot or two after a lackluster Marshall win. Kind of like we did last year against UAB.

LSU dropped in the polls after they barely beat Oregon St because they absolutely WERE overrated. See their drop in the polls after they lost to Auburn. The pollsters gave them the benefit of the doubt to start the season, but it was obvious that those that vote knew they were overrated.

UGA, IMO, is certainly not overrated. We traded the #1 defense in the nation last year with OK all season and most of our guys are back. We have a Heisman candidate as quarterback and probably the most depth at tailback of any football team in history. Our entire offensive line is back and a year older and year wiser. This is one stacked team and when they click on all cylinders, they will amaze and not disapoint. So far, I am certainly not disapointed.
09-23-2004 12:59 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Good post. Well said.
09-23-2004 02:49 PM
Vols_needisaymore Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Why does South Carolina deserve respect. They beat Vandy (wow). They played Georgia down to the wire (the same Georgia everyone is saying is overated). Then they beat South Florida (who by the way could only manage a 21-7 win over Tennessee Tech). On the other hand you are not playing with last years UGA team. It's this years UGA team. A team that has yet to impress anyone to convince anyone that they should be respected.

This is what YouGeeAye was really saying.
1 We are fans of UGA.
2 We're blinded by loyalty.
3 We only want to hear from homer UGA broadcasters.
4 Make the meanies stop picking at us.
5 Thank God we haven't played a good enough team yet that can expose us as phonies.
09-23-2004 11:06 PM
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Face it, you are jealous. But, hey, it's understandable. 04-cheers
09-25-2004 05:52 PM
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Tennessee's rolling like an orange steam engine while Georgia has a hitch in it's giddyup. Face it.
09-26-2004 01:09 AM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

That orange steam engine is gonna be stymied on October 9th. 04-cheers :D
09-26-2004 10:48 PM
YouGeeAye Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Vols_needisaymore Wrote:Tennessee's rolling like an orange steam engine while Georgia has a hitch in it's giddyup. Face it.
UGA's ranked #3 in the nation and is 3-0. Some hitch in it's giddyup, uh?
09-26-2004 11:06 PM
Water Engineer

I Root For:

YouGeeAye Wrote:UGA's ranked #3 in the nation and is 3-0.  Some hitch in it's giddyup, uh?
Some kind of overated. Based on last years team.
09-27-2004 12:44 AM
Advertisement

YouGeeAye Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Mmmm, based on last years team.

Finished 6th in the coaches poll and 7th in the AP poll.

It's important to note Vol dude, that rankings each year are not based on last year's records or teams, however the pre-season polls have teams ranked on their strength from the previous years compared to returning players. It's the only way to rank a team in the pre-season.

It evens out after a team has played a few games and as I mentioned in an earlier post, LSU was given a high pre-season ranking as respect for their co-national championship. When they had to come from behind against Oregon State, they dropped in the polls. When Auburn beat them, they suffered a HUGE drop in the polls. This is indicative of a team that was overrated. UGA has not moved in the polls, even after a lackluster performance against a respected Marshall team. This proves to me from a non-biased opinion of sports writers and coaches, that they are not overrated. Not that I needed proof. I already knew this.

Anyway this is a tired argument and you certainly are entitled to your opinion, which I beleive is based solely on sour grapes and jealousy. I am not defending UGA from a fan's perspective. Many sports writers and broadcasters, including Trev Albert and Mark May on ESPN, believe UGA will play for the National Championship. It all remains to be seen. It's a long season and anything can and usually will happen.
09-27-2004 09:58 AM
Water Engineer

I Root For:

YouGeeAye Wrote:It evens out after a team has played a few games and as I mentioned in an earlier post, LSU was given a high pre-season ranking as respect for their co-national championship.  When they had to come from behind against Oregon State, they dropped in the polls.  When Auburn beat them, they suffered a HUGE drop in the polls.  This is indicative of a team that was overrated.  UGA has not moved in the polls, even after a lackluster performance against a respected Marshall team.

Anyway this is a tired argument
Keep eaking out wins against respected mid-major teams. Georgia will drop this week. The only reason they have not dropped yet is because they always have a SEC team in the top 5. It's respect of the conference. The reason Georgia gets to hold that place is because they played for the conference title and LSU has a loss.

I must agree that you present a very tired argument.
09-27-2004 05:03 PM
YouGeeAye Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Quote:The only reason they have not dropped yet is because they always have a SEC team in the top 5. It's respect of the conference.

Are you dilusional? That has got to be the most ridiculous argument I have ever read on this board. If we were going to drop after a lackluster game against Marshall, we would have dropped one spot, like we did last year after a win against UAB. That would have put us at #4, still in your fantasy "SEC respected" top 5.

I will talk football with anyone on this board, but I can't discuss football with someone that makes comments like this. Respect of the conference? You can't be serious.
09-27-2004 05:12 PM
egrizzard Offline
What?

I Root For: Memphis!!!

Defense wins championships. And to you Vomitqueers lurling--the last time I looked UGA has won 4 in a row, including that debacle last year.(against ut)

Nothing sux like a big orange.
09-27-2004 06:18 PM
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Well mister eager lizzard, last I checked the Vols put National Championship hardware on their shelf in 98. Georgia has not done that since. The Vols have also won the SEC 2 times since the inception of a championship game. As well as winning the east 4 times. The Vols still hold a lead over the Dawgs in the matchup. And the Vols will put an end to your babbling on Oct 9.
09-27-2004 07:55 PM
Advertisement

egrizzard Offline
What?

Yeah, as long as no one returns a fumble 96 yards on you--cause we all know that yuk t will give up then, huh?

How can you honestly expect to beat UGA after that game last year?
09-27-2004 08:28 PM
Water Engineer

I Root For:

egrizzard Wrote:How can you honestly expect to beat UGA after that game last year?
Because life goes on. Because it's not the worst loss UT has ever suffered (by the way UGA beat UT 44-0 in 81 and somehow we managed to move on and win against Georgia). Because It's not last years Tennessee playing last years Georgia team. How do you explain the Vols going down to Miami and coming home with a win. They took us behind the wood shed the year before in Knoxville. But somehow they didn't carry over the score and we started the game 0-0 with the same chance of winning as they had.

Shoot, Tennessee holds a NCAA record for not scoring a single point in a season. Guess we should have just folded up and never played again. You're an idiot.
09-28-2004 12:14 AM
egrizzard Offline
What?

Well, that was an intelligent arguement. I just do not believe in the overall character of your team. I think we will find out a lot about both our teams Saturday. If UGA doesn't improve offensively, there will be some losses. I just happen to think they will turn it around--Saturday.

Go Dawgs!!!
09-28-2004 08:51 AM
YouGeeAye Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Quote:You're an idiot

This is the type of comment that is unnecessary. Just because someone's opinion differs from yours, does not make that person an idiot.

I didn't call you an idiot when you made the comment that the only reason UGA is in the top 5 is because of the "SEC Respect" factor, which by the way was probably one of the most idiotic retorts in the history of this board. An idiotic post does not necessarily make the poster an idiot. We all have our moments of absurdity.
09-28-2004 09:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.