RE: Brady signs 4 year extension
Real question, how much is the 4th year buyout for JMU
04-23-2013 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
NO mention of the terms. We really don't need to know, anyway. Time to move forward and keep the excitement going. One less thing for many to bi*ch about now that he signed, sealed and delivered.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 03:50 PM by BSKB 24.)
04-23-2013 03:50 PM
JMUETC Offline
1st String

Good news. I hope he can build on last year.
04-23-2013 03:57 PM
84Breeze Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: James Madison
Agreed...Good move! Hopefully we can build on this season.
04-23-2013 04:12 PM
DBJMU2006 Offline
1st String

Good news!
04-23-2013 04:16 PM
Advertisement

MadGrad95 Offline
Bench Warmer

Finally. Hopefully we can continue to move forward and continue to develop the new recruits.
04-23-2013 04:23 PM
PiKappDuke Offline
Water Engineer

(04-23-2013 03:50 PM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  NO mention of the terms. We really don't need to know, anyway. Time to move forward and keep the excitement going. One less thing for many to bi*ch about now that he signed, sealed and delivered.

No, no, no. He is a public employee, correct?. We Do have the right to know, wether its made public or not. I'm a public employee. You could find out what I make on any number of public forums of accessable info.
If he is fully paid with private funds then why is he even working for a PUBLIC institution? As a voter, citizen, taxpayer, and alum I feel that we do have the right to know.
04-23-2013 04:25 PM
Mad victory Offline
1st String

JMU. 04-cheers Matt Brady.
04-23-2013 04:26 PM
UofRfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Richmond
Everyone will find out soon enough rest assured.
04-23-2013 04:29 PM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

Finally something good.
Great job JMU for doing the right thing. Been quite a while since our men's bball coach has deserved an extension.
Coach Brady- time to prove last year was just a stepping stone and not a peak.
Future is bright with basketball for a change.
04-23-2013 04:33 PM
Advertisement

BSKB 24 Offline
All American

(04-23-2013 04:25 PM)PiKappDuke Wrote:  
(04-23-2013 03:50 PM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  NO mention of the terms. We really don't need to know, anyway. Time to move forward and keep the excitement going. One less thing for many to bi*ch about now that he signed, sealed and delivered.

No, no, no. He is a public employee, correct?. We Do have the right to know, wether its made public or not. I'm a public employee. You could find out what I make on any number of public forums of accessable info.
If he is fully paid with private funds then why is he even working for a PUBLIC institution? As a voter, citizen, taxpayer, and alum I feel that we do have the right to know.

I didn't say you don't have the RIGHT to know; I said we don't NEED to know. Move on.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 05:53 PM by BSKB 24.)
04-23-2013 04:49 PM
PiKappDuke Offline
Water Engineer

(04-23-2013 04:49 PM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  
(04-23-2013 04:25 PM)PiKappDuke Wrote:  

I didn't say you don't the RIGHT to know; I said we don't NEED to know. Move on.

I don't personally need to know, either. Yet, the public DOES have the right to know. Anyone who wants to know should be able to receive that info. I agree, its time to move on. Now we wait and watch to see how his next 4 years go. Good lukes to Matt and a full, long-term turnaround to the men's program!
04-23-2013 05:06 PM
JMUDDOG Offline
Bench Warmer

Now that we have our basketball secured, let's hope we hear good news regarding our Football program.
04-23-2013 05:15 PM
JMU2014 Offline
2nd String

Selig tweeted the details of the contract about 20 minutes ago. $302k base. First 3 years guaranteed with a 4th year buyout of 20k. Selig also said that Brady gets an extra 24k to spend on assistants' salaries and that all 3 full-time assistants will be back for next year. This is definitely good news.
04-23-2013 05:26 PM
JMUTEKE Offline
2nd String

I Root For: JMU Dooks
I can honestly say that I could give a rat's ass how much, or other terms, of Matt's contract.

IMO ... it appears that Matt had the "meeting with Jesus" ... and has started the change his approach to the recruiting frenzy. I've actually been impressed with some of the talent he's brought in during the past couple yrs. They seem to be "gelling" ... I don't know if that's due to Matt or the assts ... but I'll take it ..... so, I'll just sit and wait to see what happens ... I'm more convinced that the future will be positive ....
04-23-2013 05:27 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
I don;t have any real interest in what Brady makes per se, but I am interested in the additional allowance for the assistants, whether there's a bump in the recruiting budget and finally the possible buyout situation.

This looks like a pretty measured, decent contract. Enough to get the Asst's all back and I like the 4th year clause. Of course with continued success/progress we just roll that 4th year over every year.

good news.
04-23-2013 05:33 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-23-2013 05:26 PM)JMU2014 Wrote:  Selig tweeted the details of the contract about 20 minutes ago. $302k base. First 3 years guaranteed with a 4th year buyout of 20k. Selig also said that Brady gets an extra 24k to spend on assistants' salaries and that all 3 full-time assistants will be back for next year. This is definitely good news.

I am one of the more conservative posters, and I stand behind what I said before, these numbers sound about right to me. I do hope that if we exceed this year, that we'll go back to the table soon thereafter.
04-23-2013 05:38 PM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

(04-23-2013 05:26 PM)JMU2014 Wrote:  Selig tweeted the details of the contract about 20 minutes ago. $302k base. First 3 years guaranteed with a 4th year buyout of 20k. Selig also said that Brady gets an extra 24k to spend on assistants' salaries and that all 3 full-time assistants will be back for next year. This is definitely good news.

Good news indeed. I was just about to ask if Dean would be back because by all accounts, he was a big help for Brady last year. I figured he would be because he talked about how much he liked it here. I think he serves as a nice buffer between Brady (who, let's admit it, can be pretty brash and impersonal) and the players. Seemed to make for a more fun, positive vibe last season. Even Brady himself admitted his shortcomings there and how Dean was able to really make a difference in that respect.
04-23-2013 05:44 PM
Dukesfan71 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
Happy for Coach and the staff. Looking forward to seeing what recruits actually sign.
04-23-2013 06:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.