Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Some Oldies, But Goodies
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Some Oldies, But Goodies
04-22-2013 08:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
RE: Some Oldies, But Goodies
04-22-2013 09:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
College athletic fandom is an amazing phenomenon. It has been my experience all these many years that most college sports fans simply cannot bring themselves to be objective about their respective teams and that's what leads to nonsense like that which was shown above.

Message board math based on "logic" is a natural extension of that phenomenon and is the clearest example of how completely messed up some/moost of these people are. They want so badly for their preferrred scenario to play itself out that they'll literally do whatever it takes to convince themselves and others that their prophecies and predictions - which ALWAYS favor their respective schools - is fait accompli and "just a matter of time."

They then do all sorts of mental gymnastics to make it so - all while ignoring a myriad of red flags indicating they are wrong - and you end up with this board's culture where they encounter other like-minded individuals with similar objectives and similarly creative minds. Before you know it, you end up as dead wrong as were most of the people on this board.

Goofballs like Brian Ethridge, Greg Swaim and the Dude were just smart enough to capitalize off of these dumb arses. Trust me when I assure you that they will continue to do so. It won't be long before we hear that while every other GOR is rock solid and iron clad, the ACC's is fraught with holes and Florida State and Clemson have press conferences set for next week to announce....blah, blah, blah...

And you know what? When they do resort to that nonsense - and they will - I will GUARAN-DAMN-TEE YOU that there will be dozens upon dozens of fans of schools who would benefit from that scenario lined up to drink the kool-aid one more time.
04-24-2013 07:54 AM
7fielder Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pittsburgh
Here is a great blog from the Dude...

Expansion Expose: I Grant Thee Not

Chris “The Dude” Lambert | Feb. 11, 2013 | Morgantown, WV |

What do Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, the Jersey Devil, Lennay Kekua and the ACC Grant-of-Rights (GoR) have in common?

They are all fantastical works of imagination.

The rumors and whispers of an ACC grant-of-rights have no basis in fact.

The beleaguered conference is not close to signing a grant-of-rights and discussions about one have been met with stiff internal resistance.

http://www.sportsmancave.com/expansion-e...-thee-not/
04-24-2013 08:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.