Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Your JMU Spirit
Bookmark and Share
JMUDDOG Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: James Madison
Your JMU Spirit
Hey JMU Nation,

I am from Northern Virginia and I rarely see anyone wearing JMU shirts or apparel. I'm just curious whether or not you guys wear your JMU sports apparel on weekends and what not. After I got accepted to JMU, I went to the mall to buy a t-shirt with the duke dog logo. Although I hardly wear it anymore lol.
04-22-2013 02:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bulldogg Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
RE: Your JMU Spirit
(04-22-2013 02:01 AM)JMUDDOG Wrote:  Hey JMU Nation,

I am from Northern Virginia and I rarely see anyone wearing JMU shirts or apparel. I'm just curious whether or not you guys wear your JMU sports apparel on weekends and what not. After I got accepted to JMU, I went to the mall to buy a t-shirt with the duke dog logo. Although I hardly wear it anymore lol.

Let me get this straight. You bought a JMU t-shirt, which you hardly ever wear, and you are wondering what the hell is the matter with everyone else who is not wearing JMU gear? Is that about right?
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 03:44 AM by bulldogg.)
04-22-2013 03:42 AM
HolyCityDuke Offline
All American

I Root For: Duke Doge
Your JMU Spirit
(04-22-2013 02:01 AM)JMUDDOG Wrote:  Hey JMU Nation,

Only Va Tech fans where their colors out at bars and parties and its a douche thing to do.
04-22-2013 06:15 AM
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

My closet is full of purple shirts and I wear purple at least 2-3 times per week. Proud to wear it.
04-22-2013 07:24 AM
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud
im currently wearing a jmu lanyard and a purple tie. I also just talked for 15 minutes to a woman in my office whos daughter is an opa. We did a duuuuuuuuuuuuukes chant together.

All of the Dukes.
04-22-2013 08:22 AM
JMU4lifer Offline
Bench Warmer

I wear my JMU clothing when I am just taking it easy on the weekends at a bar or just around the NoVA area. I either have on a jacket or a some type of shirt with JMU on it. I also have JMU lisence plate tags on my car to show my JMU pride pretty much wherever I go. I sometimes get the DUUUUUKES! shout out when I walk around in Arlington from other Dukes.
04-22-2013 08:25 AM
Advertisement

BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

Dog, you've got to remember that females make up 60% of JMU. Men like to display their school more than the girls. Tech has probably 5 times as many male fans, alumni, students out on the streets. Don't get discouraged, wear your purple proudly, we are reducing this percentage every day and we need your help. Remember, Tech fans are arrogant sums of britches who need to be put in their place on a regular basis.
04-22-2013 08:33 AM
GoDukes09 Offline
Water Engineer

Re: Your JMU Spirit
Just last night I ran into two fellow dukes in the grocery store, all three of us wearing jmu hoodies.
04-22-2013 08:35 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-22-2013 06:15 AM)HolyCityDuke Wrote:  Only Va Tech fans where their colors out at bars and parties and its a douche thing to do.

I don't understand this logic. Wearing your school's colors or insignia is a douche move?
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 09:42 AM by HyperDuke.)
04-22-2013 09:41 AM
PurpleSoloCup84 Offline
Special Teams

A few weeks ago, I was at a Subway in Roanoke and there were 3 people in line. All three of us, none of us knew the other, were wearing JMU shirts.
04-22-2013 09:43 AM
brizzock Offline
Galactic Overlord

I have a framed black JMU football jersey hanging right next to me at work.
04-22-2013 09:44 AM
Advertisement

JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
(04-22-2013 09:41 AM)HyperDuke Wrote:  
(04-22-2013 06:15 AM)HolyCityDuke Wrote:  Only Va Tech fans where their colors out at bars and parties and its a douche thing to do.

I don't understand this logic. Wearing your school's colors or insignia is a douche move?

Putting 10+ pieces of insignia when it is not game day is douche. Having a maroon car with burnt orange pin stripes is a full on douche.
04-22-2013 09:51 AM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

Every day when I drive to work, I see at least 2 other JMU decaled cars on interstate 64 or 95, and a different car each time too. I can't go a week without wearing at least one jmu shirt and in the winter, my jmu hoodie is in full force.
I typically see at least one other jmu wearing person every time we go to the mall or grocery stores in the richmond area.
It's not as prominent as tech and vcu in this area, but uva is surprisingly under-represented and jmu just might be the 3rd most common. There are definitely more of us than UR fans and UR is literally 5 minutes away.
04-22-2013 10:13 AM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-22-2013 09:51 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  

Putting 10+ pieces of insignia when it is not game day is douche. Having a maroon car with burnt orange pin stripes is a full on douche.

So the 3 different jmu insignia on both my wife's and my own car, each, is douche? Then i'll gladly be a douche.
We consider it "driving the point home".
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 10:18 AM by Potomac.)
04-22-2013 10:15 AM
Dukes2004 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: JMU Dukes
I have a JMU license plate braket on my Abarth, a JMU sticker on my Kia SUV, and few football jerseys I wear in season, a mug at work that sits on my bookshelf, and a few T-shirts.
04-22-2013 10:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DirtyDukes Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud!
Dukes. I root fer them.
04-22-2013 10:19 AM
Advertisement

Dukes2004 Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-22-2013 10:19 AM)DirtyDukes Wrote:  Dukes. I root fer them.

I may be opening a HUGE can of worms here, but I was not around much the past few years and I have seen this a lot since returning. Where did this, "rootin fer Dukes" thing come from?
04-22-2013 10:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VBVA_Dukes Offline
Water Engineer

Every morning when I am getting ready for work I say to my wife, "Which tie should I wear? This purple one, this purple one, this one with purple stripes, the purple shirt with a gold tie, or that other purple tie?" It has become a standard for all JMU grads at my office to participate in "Purple Friday". I have a JMU pennant and purple and gold beads in my office. I wear my JMU Nike Dryfit shirt when I work out. I rock my JMU Nike golf polo on the golf course. I still wear my official 2004-2005 Men's Basketball Purple Out shirt. When I see a fellow Duke wearing JMU gear, no matter where it is, I always give a "Go Dukes".
04-22-2013 10:34 AM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
(04-22-2013 10:15 AM)Potomac Wrote:  
(04-22-2013 09:51 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  

So the 3 different jmu insignia on both my wife's and my own car, each, is douche? Then i'll gladly be a douche.
We consider it "driving the point home".

No No No....3 is ok, I have 3. I said 10+...as in there is a magnet on every panel of the car, and stickers in every corner of the back window. Some examples:
[Image: car-sunset.jpg]

[Image: 0731-salem-gobblergear111.jpg]

[Image: truck1.jpg]

There is even a blog related to the Hokie car issues:
http://bigcollegecarmagnets.wordpress.co...ch/page/2/
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 10:48 AM by JMU2004.)
04-22-2013 10:37 AM
capn kitt Offline
2nd String

I sorta agree with him. Wear your stuff on the weekends and to kid's soccer games and pool parties and trips to Home Depot. A nice JMU lanyard at work? No problem.

But it can be overdone. Some VT fans I know wear their stuff EVERYWHERE and it gets old. I want to say: "do you even own a button-down shirt? Because you look like a slob hanging out at the Yard House in your worn-out VT t-shirt."
04-22-2013 10:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.